Options
    Starting weight: 156
    Goal weight: 147.6

Tuesday 1st: 155.5
    Tuesday 8th:
    Tuesday 15th:
    Tuesday 22nd:
    Tuesday 29th:

What can you improve on: getting my steps in. goal is 6000/day.
  • mse71203
    mse71203 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Starting weight: 185
    Goal weight: 170
    Tuesday 1st: 185
    Tuesday 8th:
    Tuesday 15th:
    Tuesday 22nd:
    Tuesday 29th:

What can you improve on: Drinking more water
  • chelzbel
    chelzbel Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This is my first challenge and I began my journey yesterday. I hope I am doing this right!

Starting weight: 266.2
    Goal weight 251.2
    Tuesday 1st:
    Tuesday 8th:
    Tuesday 15th:
    Tuesday 22nd:
    Tuesday 29th:

What I can improve on: Tracking my food and exercise everyday and no soda through August!
  • irishladyo
    irishladyo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to weigh myself yesterday morning -

Starting weight: 224
    Goal weight: 214
    Tuesday 1st:224.2
    Tuesday 8th:
    Tuesday 15th:
    Tuesday 22nd:
    Tuesday 29th:
    What can you improve on: Sodium and not snacking when I get home from work.
  • Vijayatallam
    Vijayatallam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I join this group
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    barbiegaia wrote: »
    barbiegaia wrote: »
    I'm in!
    Starting weight: 177lb
    Goal weight: (5%) = 168lb
    Tuesday 1st: 175.6lb
    Tuesday 8th:
    Tuesday 15th:
    Tuesday 22nd:
    Tuesday 29th:
    What can you improves on:
    ✓ Exercise 2x a day as I am doing only 1 currently.

Wow and you're already at 177!?!?! That's so amazing! I would love to see that number in 3 months! Good work!
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    How do I join this group

I'd copy and post the initial post and jump in! :D
  • bbeckett5623
    bbeckett5623 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well...let's do this!
  • bbeckett5623
    bbeckett5623 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 179
    Goal weight: 165
    Tuesday 1st:179
    Tuesday 8th:
    Tuesday 15th:
    Tuesday 22nd:
    Tuesday 29th:
  • sugargrammy45
    sugargrammy45 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot . . . I need a new motivation!

Starting weight: 210
    Goal weight: 200
    Tuesday 1st: 210
    Tuesday 8th:
    Tuesday 15th:
    Tuesday 22nd:
    Tuesday 29th:
    What can you improve on: Become more physically active
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    How is everybody doing so far... 1 day into the challenge?

My area of improvement was sleep and I am not doing so well. I could really see how it impacted my performance at the gym today. Will definitely try to do better.

A lot of people have mentionned better logging. Don't forget to go back to the "Getting Started" and reading the stickies. Some really great posts there.
  • enyagoboom
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »

my areas of improvement are: Increasing my step count (current goal is min 5k a day, I would like to be at a steady 7500/day by the end of August with at least 3 days at 10k+) and I should be two thirds of the way done with the C25K by the end of this challenge.

One of the ways i'm trying to increase my step count is taking short walk breaks at work - I got two in today. It's a paltry 340 steps each time, but if I can get that up to 4 times a day that will make a difference, plus a walk at lunch where I can go for longer periods of time.

I'm supposed to do day 2, week 2 of my C25K tonight but my new shoes won't be here until tomorrow and my knee has been really unhappy with me the day following my runs, er, determined plods, so I'm weighing my options right now.

I'm also going to add two things to my challenge - I'm working on a personal plank challenge this month (this morning 2 sets of 10 seconds each) and I started the 21 day fit videos (not the food containers or shakeology).

So personally even though I was up half a pound on day 1 from my start goal, I am feeling really good.
  • mse71203
    mse71203 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay motivated. My goal is to do my 10,000 steps daily so far I have only hit it once. I have stayed between 6-8 thousand. So I really want to be successful at that and drinking my required amount of water...which I am not even close. So good luck to everyone!!! I know we got this
  • cmgundy
    cmgundy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First ever challenge! I'm in.

Starting weight: 258
    Goal weight: 245
    Tuesday 1st: 258
    Tuesday 8th:
    Tuesday 15th:
    Tuesday 22nd:
    Tuesday 29th:
    What can you improve on:. Eating smaller portions through out the day. Get some exercise in.. ;)
  • slimfast108
    slimfast108 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 176.3
    Goal weight: 167.5
    Tuesday 1st:176.3
    Tuesday 8th:
    Tuesday 15th:
    Tuesday 22nd:
    Tuesday 29th:
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 240
    Goal weight: 228
    Tuesday 1st: 240
    Tuesday 8th:
    Tuesday 15th:
    Tuesday 22nd:
    Tuesday 29th:

What do I improve on: No snacking out of acceptable food list. Drink more water.
  • enyagoboom
    Options
    mse71203 wrote: »
    I'm trying to stay motivated. My goal is to do my 10,000 steps daily so far I have only hit it once. I have stayed between 6-8 thousand. So I really want to be successful at that and drinking my required amount of water...which I am not even close. So good luck to everyone!!! I know we got this

I am hoping the hitting 10k steps a day gets easier with the habitual but I am finding just hitting 5k a day is like pulling teeth on the days I'm not doing a C25K training session so I totally hear you on this. Good luck on the water goal too!!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    enyagoboom wrote: »

One of the ways i'm trying to increase my step count is taking short walk breaks at work

I'm supposed to do day 2, week 2 of my C25K tonight but my new shoes won't be here until tomorrow and my knee has been really unhappy with me the day following my runs, er, determined plods, so I'm weighing my options right now.

I'm working on a personal plank challenge this month (this morning 2 sets of 10 seconds each) and I started the 21 day fit videos (not the food containers or shakeology).

You are tackling quite a number of things... Did you new shoes arrive?

I finished C25K a couple of years ago. The following year my left knee was completely busted and I had to stop running, walking up hills and all. But then I've always had a problem with my left knee. I hope your knee issue is temporary and you can finish C25K. What exercises are you doing to strengthen the muscles around your knee?

What's the 21 day fit videos? Never heard of the program
  • enyagoboom
    Options

You are tackling quite a number of things... Did you new shoes arrive?

I finished C25K a couple of years ago. The following year my left knee was completely busted and I had to stop running, walking up hills and all. But then I've always had a problem with my left knee. I hope your knee issue is temporary and you can finish C25K. What exercises are you doing to strengthen the muscles around your knee?

What's the 21 day fit videos? Never heard of the program

It seems like a lot when writing it out but the plank challenge is only a few minutes a day, the C25K is every other day (or in my case, every third right now) and the 21 day fit is every other. The videos are part of the beach body group of workout things. They're not bad, it's mainly just something to get me moving until school starts at the end of the month and I can use the gym there.

The shoes did arrive but UPS decided I needed to sign for them and we had taken my boss out for lunch soooo no shoes. Again. Tomorrow though. (which is good because I'm in the last few days of one of my summer classes and am a bit behind)

I started reorganizing my health and fitness priorities a month ago (today is my 30th day logging!) and have changed everything incrementally so I don't get overwhelmed. I didn't think about knee exercises (derr...) I should definitely incorperate those. I am doing a lot of stretching and dynamic stretching but nothing knee specific. I really think the issue is my shoes and plantar. Usually when I get new shoes and stiff insoles my knee and ankle feel much better and I'm able to go for a while.

Thanks for the question! :)
  • brittanydashnay
    brittanydashnay Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Starting weight: 234lb (as of Aug 3rd)
    Goal weight: 222.3lb (5%)

Tuesday 1st: 242.2 (this is high because i gained back the 6lbs i had lost the previous week so i want to make my starting weight what it was as of Aug 3rd)

Tuesday 8th:
    Tuesday 15th:
    Tuesday 22nd:
    Tuesday 29th:

What can you improve on: tracking all food intake and exercise, i joines the walking challenge and plan on trying to walk 100km this month (25km/week), i plan on drinking lots of water, when i have a 'bad' meal or day to focus on the next meal.and not wait until the next day to eat right.