Ripped in 30-Support Group-Starting in August

Options

Replies

• jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    korygilliam L1D0 (plan to start Aug 1st)
    Michele0912 L1D0 (plan to start Aug 3rd)
    pizzygirltx (started on July 23)
    BeccyBerry L1D0 (plan to start on the 1st)
    Erica79 L1D0 (Aug 1st)
    Evotchka (Eva) L1D0 (08/01)
    shels67 (started july 25)
    gd50cent L1D0 (plan to start Aug 1st)
    earthsember (plan to start August 1st)
    tjradd73 (Tara)- L1D0 (plan on starting Aug 24th)
    jojowink (Aug 1st or sooner)

Looking forward to my 2nd support group- had success with 30DS on another thred & really NEED this motivation to keep me going for cardio/strength!!!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what equipment is needed for Ripped? I need to go grab the dvd, maybe it's on there, probably buying it on Friday. I peeked around online and couldn't find the info for weights, etc though. I know in a preview on youtube it showed Jillian changing up some weights on an adjustable dumbell, but I'm not sure what increments she was using...
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what equipment is needed for Ripped? I need to go grab the dvd, maybe it's on there, probably buying it on Friday. I peeked around online and couldn't find the info for weights, etc though. I know in a preview on youtube it showed Jillian changing up some weights on an adjustable dumbell, but I'm not sure what increments she was using...

I think it is the same as the 30 day shred, in which you only needed hand weights. I only used 3 and 5 lb weights, and I think I will stick w/ that, since I only want to tone and not really bulk any. Found the video at wal-mart for $9.50. (I think the increment dumbbell is her new exercise product, but you don't need it...they are like $35 a piece, but good space savers if you are actually gonna go up to 25 pounds per side)
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    Erica79 L1D0 (Aug 1st)
    SDV219 (Aug1st)

I still have to get the DVD, but after reading your 30DS I can't wait to get started!! Sounds like a lot of fun!! Look forward to motivating one another!!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Kory...I am super pumped to have the returning group with this again! and also to see so many new faces already!! I am hoping that this will motivate as much as the other did!! can't wait!!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the new thread! Can't wait to get started! :happy:

Erica79 L1D0 (Aug 1st)
    SDV219 (Aug1st)
    Des92 (when DVD arrives)
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    lying in bed getting myself pumped for a 2 mile run, then i heard the thunder and thought..."this must be a sign to start up Jillian today". Got in D1L1 - Hoping by day 6 the third circuit will not kill my arms as much!! but i CAN feel the burn and it feels GOOD!!
  • pizzygirltx
    Options
    Welcome to the group! You are welcome to do this with any other exercise you feel you can do! The goal of the group is to get thru the 4 weeks of RN30, but this group isn't meant to put any expectations on the members...only support.

I plan on doing 6 days a week at each level, taking one day off a week and then moving to the next level (as long as my body can stand it) on the first day of the next week.

pizzy...any thoughts/suggestions so far? did you do the 30DS first, or go straight to the RN30?

I did the 30DS first. It took me about 40 days to complete because of rest days and unexpected issues. So far I have done 5 days in a row of the Ripped in 30 and I don't feel overly tired. My goal is to complete all 30 days without a break, but we will see how that goes.
  • pizzygirltx
    Options
    pizzygirltx L1D6 (started on July 23)
    Erica79 L1D0 (Aug 1st)
    SDV219 (Aug1st)
    Des92 (when DVD arrives)
  • korygilliam
    Options
    I think I am going to change my start date to July 31st...so my 'off day' can be on Saturdays and I don't get thrown off from the beginning. This way will do lvl one Sun-Fri, off Sat, then start next level on Sunday. Can't wait...finished 30DS last night...what to do tonight??? :happy:
  • saradas
    saradas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Can I also join ? I started Ripped in 30 yesterday 7/28 , it was good. Would love some support

Thanks
    Sarada
  • korygilliam
    Options
    Hello,

Can I also join ? I started Ripped in 30 yesterday 7/28 , it was good. Would love some support

Thanks
    Sarada

Definately, just see my inital post for the instructions...welcome to the group, most of us are starting next week, but you can definately go ahead and start ticking away!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Updating list as I got missed even though I signed up! Lol.

Erica79 L1D0 (Aug 1st)
    mariababe81(mariam) l1d1 (starting aug 8th)
    SDV219 (Aug1st)
    Des92 (when DVD arrives)
  • SDV219
    Options
    Let me ask you guys a question ...

Do you do anything else besides JM in a day??? I've already started Wii Active 2 9 week challenge - would it be impossible for me to keep on schedule with both routines?? I'm going out and grabbing the DVD today, so I'm in! Just wondering if it would be too much!

By the way, I forgot how much I loved getting in shape!! I think I'm just trying to prepare myself for some JMs butt kickin!! LOL

For those of you that just started (and experienced), I've never done JMs before ... how is it???
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!! I completed 30DS in June and moved on to Ripped in 30- I haven't been all that on target as I started running and found I really enjoyed it! I do however need to get back some strength training in there so I was going to start Ripped again. I will start at the beginning. I am going on vacation 8/1-8/4 so I won't be able to start until Friday 8/5.
    I will start will 5lbs weights and see if by the end of each week I can't get to 8lbs- we'll see!

Erica79 L1D0 (Aug 1st)
    mariababe81(mariam) l1d1 (starting aug 8th)
    SDV219 (Aug1st)
    Des92 (when DVD arrives)
    momofJandA (Tori)- (starting 8/5)
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    I've started ripped in 30 today instead of tomorrow as planned. Im going on holiday for a week on the 12th of August so need to get a head start. Good luck everyone xx
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Let me ask you guys a question ...

Do you do anything else besides JM in a day??? I've already started Wii Active 2 9 week challenge - would it be impossible for me to keep on schedule with both routines?? I'm going out and grabbing the DVD today, so I'm in! Just wondering if it would be too much!

By the way, I forgot how much I loved getting in shape!! I think I'm just trying to prepare myself for some JMs butt kickin!! LOL

For those of you that just started (and experienced), I've never done JMs before ... how is it???

i love jm workotus, def worth the money! she is one tough cookie! and the workouts are intense even though they are so short and very effective! but thats why i like them- i get bored with long workouts . i did c25k whilst i was shredding so yeah it would be ok to continue with other stuff too.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    pizzygirltx-most of us in this group are just finishing (or have just finished the shred), what do you think about ripped so far vs the shred??

Kory-good plan...I never thought about that!! i was planning on starting on a Wed...but i have really got to think about which day I want off...it will be either Tues (which is where it would be starting the 24th) or I would want it on Fri!! so hmmmm....do I want it on my 3rd 12 hour shift day for the week or do i want it on the weekend?! toughy...I will decide ASAP as keepya posted...maybe starting on a diff day though!!

saradas-welcome to the group!

SDV-i just finsihed 30/30 on the shred...and I know that personally I would not be able to do 2 back to back JM routines every day for 30 days straight!!! you could always give it a try and see...otherwise a lot of the people in the shred group did OTHER workouts to supplement the shred! i personally did 30 outta 30 on the shred, 1 day of yaga per week, and walked 6-8 miles on my 3 work nights each week...that was it!! I am close to my goal weight...but my results were a GAIN of 1.4lbs and a LOSS of 6"!! JM is one tough cookie, and I loved every minute of it!
  • SDV219
    Options
    Thanks for the input!! I'm gonna take a peek at RI30 now to see what it entails ... I'm hoping to keep on track with the other stuff too. I am only starting one JM ... wouldn't want to over do it!!
  • korygilliam
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new people and nice to see people getting started. Just did my first day of ripped in 30...I am thankful that I did the 30DS first because OMG! I burned 401 calories tonight! I was burning around 260-280 on lvl 3 of the 30DS! WOOWEE!

For those that have just joined us, please read my first post to see how the group works and welcome onboard!

I try to do an extra 30-45 minutes of my Elliptical or jogging 5 days a week...just depends on how busy my nights are. I didn't do it so much during the 30DS and I think that caused me to stall on my weight loss. When I added it back in, I slowly started losing again.

Please remove your start date and post what day you last updated your level/day completed...this way we can tell who is still ripping it up with us!

korygilliam L1D1-Done! (07/31)
    pizzygirltx L1D6-Done!
    Erica79 L1D0 (Aug 1st)
    shels67
    mariababe81(mariam) l1d1-Done!
    SDV219 (Aug1st)
    Des92 (when DVD arrives)
    momofJandA (Tori)- (starting 8/5)