What's your weird weight loss tip?

Options

Replies

• gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I make my own salsa. It's finely chopped onion, garlic, red and green peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and a few jalapeno. It's spicy, so if I eat a few spoonfuls i don't feel like eating for a while. So delicious and low calorie.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to create a caloric deficit is to breastfeed ;)
  • mrarmaan
    mrarmaan Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    By sleeping 10 hrs lolx
  • buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just learned a new one! Leave your high fat snack out where your pancreatitis-prone dog can get to it. You then induce vomiting in your dog so he doesn't die, and will definitely lose your appitite. Sigh. This week, man. This week.

Bonus weight loss tip! Leave the package out on the counter so that your cats get into it! No induced vomiting required - cats can vomit on their own quite well. Sigh.

Rotten week! Hope it's improving now :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Stop eating carbs. Simple as that. For an added kick throw in a couple of days of fasting each week.
    Lol, one of those "followers" that actually got suckered into think that carbs are evil. I bet people stand a few feet away when you speak to them directly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Mine is go window shopping at the mall when bored. That means spend no money, just look at stuff. Well except when you go past Dippin Dots.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • last1youlove
    last1youlove Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Eat to lose weight
  • Mark_Joseph
    Mark_Joseph Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    MikeEsko wrote: »
    If you are on a high protein diet and need 10 more calories for the day, 6 fiber capsules will get you there.

Yooo fiber capsules are an actual thing? I need this.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    Being lazy can be a good thing.

You can't mess up your calories if you're too lazy to go anywhere and fulfill your cravings.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Fruit for dessert. I have a serious thing for frozen berries. I weigh them out and then I put a half cup of light vanilla yogurt on there and stir it up.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Breakfast. Especially one loaded in protien and healthy carbs. Keeps me full so I don't find myself snacking so much.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    SarahB4116 wrote: »
    I've been taking fiber capsules for almost 2 weeks now (glucomannan from gnc) and it's been AMAZING for appetite suppression. I'm down 11.6 lbs in 13 days.

Placebo effect.....Google it

Actually, filling up on fiber works for many people. There's a number of papers published on the subject.

Like Keto, It works by increasing satiety and improving "non-tracking caloric compliance"
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    When I'm in serious loss mode, I brew a pot of flavored decaf when I get home from work & sip a cup before & after dinner. Keeps the sweet/snacking cravings away.
  • lorbor93
    lorbor93 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Write down EVERYTHING you eat so you're accountable to it. You're less likely to have another cookie if you know you have to log it. We as humans are efficient at rationalizing everything and tracking your food forces you to be honest with yourself.

Yes, even write down that handful of skittles and the handful of pretzels you ate at work. If you want to know why you aren't losing weight, it's because you aren't aware of what you're putting in your body (trust me, i thought I knew and I didn't).

Hope that helps. Good luck
  • arianapolitis
    arianapolitis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Maybe weird, who knows. At the supermarket I go to, the bakery section is right next to the entrance. So I'll walk through there, smell all the delicious breads, bagels, cakes, etc., feel satisfied, and then move on. I really truly believe that I enjoy the smell of bread more than I enjoy the taste. (Just kidding; I enjoy the taste just as much as the smell)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I bought this funny little RPG on Steam called "West of Loathing" and it has been keeping me occupied all day I haven't thought about food outside of meal times once. I'm very particular about the cleanness of my mouse and keyboard so I haven't developed a habit of eating while playing. Basically, my weird tip is: something you enjoy to occupy your time when you feel it's going to be "one of those days".