August 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My run yesterday was "12x 400m" intervals. The first time I did such short intervals, and so many of them - and I found it really hard to keep track! I set my watch to beep every 200m, so I could do 400m fast, 200m recovery. Which ment that it was beeping nearly every minute, somewhat annoying. And I kept loosing count and had to re-calculate the number of intervals left to do from the total distance I had run...
    Lol, sometimes I think I'm never happy. Two weeks ago the training plan called for "3x1600m", and those were too long for my taste. Why can't it be "6x800m" every week? :smiley:

And I have to admit I completely forgot to do the kr30dc yesterday, so I had to do day 4 this morning and day 5 this evening. Those same stretches every day are starting to get a little boring. I'm glad that on day 7 it will change to completely different exercises.
    At least today there was a little bonus workout that came by mail and isn't written on the challenge website:
    "Testing for imbalances"
    - Single Leg Bridge 10 x 10 second holds on each leg
    - Side Plank 3 x 30 seconds hold on each side
    The idea is to do both and pay attention if the exercise feels harder on one side feels than the other to find out if you have any left/right imbalances.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ love the formatting! Thanks!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    8/01/2017 - 0 miles
    8/02/2017 - 9 miles Z3/Z4
    8/03/2017 - 7 miles Z2
    8/04/2017 - 5 Easy miles
    8/05/2017 - Cranberry Cup 5k - 23:18
    8/05/2017 - Howl at the Moon 5k - 25:11
    8/06/2017 - Rest
    8/07/2017 - 7.75 miles
    8/08/2017 - 6.5 miles Z2

Summer Goal: Get my marathon pace below 9 minutes.
    Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

08/12/2017 - Friends of the Riverfront Trail Run - 15k
    10/14/2017 - Stop, Drop, and Run - Fireman style obstacle course - 5km

05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.

Just easy hot humid want to die run today. Pretty much need to coast out the next few days since have the 15k race on Saturday. Not really a tapper, but do want to reduce work outs for a few days.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    RE: roo belt..
    I have one of these
    https://www.amazon.com/FlipBelt-Original-Designed-Shipped-Warranty/dp/B00JF9EMG0?th=1
    and it is big enough to hold my Samsung s7 edge with a case on it. With the phone it, I barely feel it and haven't had any issues with it flipping over or riding up. I have mine fit pretty snug. It also has a clip for keys.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    By 6, it was raining and I was suddenly dead tired. I don't mind running in a shower, even if the shower turns to rain; but I find it hard to *start* running in a steady rain. So I ended up with an extra rest day, went to bed earlier than I have been getting there, soaked up almost 10 hours of sleep, and felt great this morning.

Yeah. It is funny that way. If I am out running and it starts raining, I keep going. But If I am in a nice dry cozy house and it is already raining, I have no real desire to go run in it.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    "MobyCarp wrote: »
    So I set off on the start of an exploration route. One of the good things about this route is that it has about 2 miles of rolling uphill that's the best practice for Newton I've found near my home. Around mile 5, I have to make a decision: Turn right and accept a 12 mile run, or go straight and run some roads I haven't run before.

I live on the Newton hills. All my training routes involve them.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @RunRachelleRun Are you south of the worst of the fires?. I am NW of GP in your AB Neighbor. I have a 20km Mountain Race this weekend in Tumbler Ridge and it looks like a Heat Wave is about to hit us.