cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    cmtigger wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    This makes as much sense as designing a diet around whether or not cilantro tastes like soap to you. One of the easiest ways to scam people into believing this kind of woo is
    1. Pick out something that's physically evident and that naturally varies between people
    2. Create a whole mythology around how the differences impact how we lose weight.
    3. Make the diet deliberately so restrictive no one could possibly stay compliant for long.
    4. Then scare people into buying your products because it's the only way they can ever hope to be healthy.
    5. When they fail to lose weight pile a big load of guilt on because they obviously don't care enough for their health to follow a simple food plan.

I totally design my diet around whether or not cilantro tastes like soap. It 100% tastes like chemicals to me and ruins every food that it touches, so my diet is anything that doesn't include cilantro.

That's what you meant, right ;)?

Then claim that everyone, even those who like cilantro, should eat just like you.

Dang, I did it wrong.

So, I have to start the campaign that avoiding cilantro is the ONE WEIRD TRICK to drop 10 pounds in a week?

Am I getting closer to how this works?

I'll take the rejected cilantro.

I'll trade you for all those delicious sounding crackers.

#CilantroIsPoison

Take my crackers and I'll cut you.

It's not worth messing up a perfectly good knife over, lol. How would you slice your cheese?!

What sort of person only owns one knife.

For that matter, what sort of person would cut someone with a cheese knife.

I'm Scottish, I have a whole arsenal of knives and random bits of wood fashioned into bludgeoning devices.
    ^Carries a dirk everywhere she goes, and owns a claymore. ;)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I love cilantro. On other matters, searched amazon and apparently I can order:

Mackie's of Scotland Haggis & Black Pepper Potato Chips

Mackie's Ridge Cut Whisky & Haggis Potato Chips

Sadly, both are crazy expensive, too much so for a novelty picnic dish.

Didn't actually realise Mackie's made either of those flavours. Don't know what sort of eye watering price you're talking about, but Mackie's are some damn fine crisps. We're talking classy snacks here. At home at any occasion.

ETA their ice cream is even better, but tricky to import via Amazon. And not, as far as I know, Haggis-flavoured.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Didn't actually realise Mackie's made either of those flavours. Don't know what sort of eye watering price you're talking about, but Mackie's are some damn fine crisps. We're talking classy snacks here. At home at any occasion.

ETA their ice cream is even better, but tricky to import via Amazon. And not, as far as I know, Haggis-flavoured.

Heh.

It looked like it was one bag for $49 or $55. Looking more closely, it's 12 3.5 oz bags for $49 or $55 for 24 small (40 g) bags. So either $4 or $2.29 per bag, which I would totally pay if I could buy an individual bag, but of course not. Apart from the cost, I don't know if I really want that many chips I have not tried. I'm going to see if I can find some store selling UK foods around here that has them, you never know!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I tried the raw potato today. I don't know what I was supposed to expect. At first I tasted nothing and then I tasted something. I don't know what that meant.

I think I will stick with cooked potatoes from here on in, though. I have to say the texture of the raw potato was pretty nice.

Dr. Oz is still quackers.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I tried the raw potato today. I don't know what I was supposed to expect. At first I tasted nothing and then I tasted something. I don't know what that meant.

I think I will stick with cooked potatoes from here on in, though. I have to say the texture of the raw potato was pretty nice.

Dr. Oz is still quackers crackers .

Dr. Oz is . . . . . crackers ;)

ETA: I googled BBCode to see how to do the strike through thing :D
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Heh.

It looked like it was one bag for $49 or $55. Looking more closely, it's 12 3.5 oz bags for $49 or $55 for 24 small (40 g) bags. So either $4 or $2.29 per bag, which I would totally pay if I could buy an individual bag, but of course not. Apart from the cost, I don't know if I really want that many chips I have not tried. I'm going to see if I can find some store selling UK foods around here that has them, you never know!

Funny, they are a Scottish brand and being Scottish I never really thought of them as posh! Not any more than say Kettle or Walkers Sensations et al.

You need a friendly Brit to send you some.

ETA: I just had a quick look and it's about £1.80 for a big sharing bag.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed that Dr. OZ is still on the air.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Hell. I'm not. Isn't Jerry Springer still on?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Hey. I like eating raw potatoes. Dip them in a little salt and yummy. Yes, I am weird. I also ate raw slices of onion too. On the other hand, raw turnips are really good. Like radishes without the bite.

This may be a stupid question, but aren't raw potatoes supposed to be poisonous? Perhaps it was just a rumor started by Big Cracker to keep us from testing carb intolerance with potato.

Only the peels and eyes, and if there is any green left over on the potato after peeling it. Do a good job of peeling and remove the eyes and they are perfectly safe raw.

Poisonous potatoes, they must be referring to potatoes that have been stored for a long time - especially if not stored in a cool dark humidity controlled environment. Growing up I ate many a potatoe raw, would walk out to the garden, dig beside a plant and find a new potatoe, cut it off the root, a quick wash and chomp chomp.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Hey. I like eating raw potatoes. Dip them in a little salt and yummy. Yes, I am weird. I also ate raw slices of onion too. On the other hand, raw turnips are really good. Like radishes without the bite.

This may be a stupid question, but aren't raw potatoes supposed to be poisonous? Perhaps it was just a rumor started by Big Cracker to keep us from testing carb intolerance with potato.

Only the peels and eyes, and if there is any green left over on the potato after peeling it. Do a good job of peeling and remove the eyes and they are perfectly safe raw.

Poisonous potatoes, they must be referring to potatoes that have been stored for a long time - especially if not stored in a cool dark humidity controlled environment. Growing up I ate many a potatoe raw, would walk out to the garden, dig beside a plant and find a new potatoe, cut it off the root, a quick wash and chomp chomp.

I think that is why I eat so many raw veggies. My Mom was raised on a farm and did the same thing so she always had raw veggies available for us to eat. I used to watch her peel potatoes and she would frequently cut off a chunk and eat it while peeling. I don't think she was even aware of it.

Summer dinners usually included a platter of raw veggies, many from our garden: carrots, celery, green onions, turnips, radishes, cabbage, etc. Cool, easy to prepare, didn't heat up the kitchen, and tasty.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Now I wish to see Dr Oz on Springer..

I'll get the popcorn.

But how long do you have to chew the popcorn for?

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm following this.
    Depends how "carb intolerant/tolerant" you are. ;)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Now I wish to see Dr Oz on Springer..

I'll get the popcorn.

But how long do you have to chew the popcorn for?

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm following this.
    Depends how "carb intolerant/tolerant" you are. ;)

If I were watching Springer and Oz together, I would be tolerant enough to finish at least one full bag.