Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

My cell phone does not take good pictures - not an iphone type phone. Lady at work said at some point I will need to get one as my phone will be discontinued - but then I need someone to teach me.......so no picture for anyone. Sorry.

Paper just arrived, best to wait to settle down after paper gets here as dog goes nuts and does what I call her "paper dance".

Groceries and then home- not much on tap may get nap I missed yesterday.

bbl
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Good morning Everyone~~

Sara, I can only imagine Miss Tillie with her Paper Dance. :smile:

I had good numbers at the scale all week, and then I messed it all up yesterday with some overboard late-night salty snacking. Self Sabotage.

I am looking forward to NC on Wednesday for 2 weeks. I will get exercise there.
    With this cold I've had, I have gotten no exercise in weeks.

That scale won't go down without exercise as part of the whole picture.

Lana

241.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, which is actually my Friday! I have worked 4 12 hour shifts and tomorrow is my day off! Eclipse day and my birthday :) That has to be a happy omen of some sort.

Tillies mom, my kids have old school phones (we call them dumb phones lol) and they work for them just fine. One is like an old flip phone, and the other is the kind where the keyboard slides open. They can't get on the internet or get texts with emoji's but they are still working just fine.

Lana, where are you going in NC??
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy (early) Birthday, Vanessa! Enjoy the day off and the eclipse. :smile:

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi Tess

Hi Vanessa & early Happy Birthday!

I have a little house in Chapel Hill, which I call The Money Pit. I surely did not know what I was getting into when DH and I got it a while ago. :open_mouth: But it has a pool, which I LOVE for water exercise. Quite often I tell people that we bought a swimming pool, which happened to also have a house on the property. LOL

Lana
  • WeepingAngel81
    Options
    Thanks Tess!

And thanks to you as well Lana! Sorry it's a money pit, but it must be nice having a place to just get away. My family used to vacation a lot in the Outer Banks. I would love to have a vacation home out there sometime! NC is just beautiful all around.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, which is actually my Friday! I have worked 4 12 hour shifts and tomorrow is my day off! Eclipse day and my birthday :) That has to be a happy omen of some sort.

Tillies mom, my kids have old school phones (we call them dumb phones lol) and they work for them just fine. One is like an old flip phone, and the other is the kind where the keyboard slides open. They can't get on the internet or get texts with emoji's but they are still working just fine.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday as well... enjoy the day... happy birthday to you!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just had lunch and will go back to knitting what I call my fish project:

http://www.ravelry.com/.../library/double-knitted-fish-scarf - I am not knitting a scarf but a baby blanket and it has 2 patterns one for the big fish and one for a school of fish. One row at a time.

Vanessa - Have "sunny side up" eggs for your birthday!! Glad you have the day off to celebrate.

Supposedly I can get onto the internet with my phone, but the print is so small I could not read a thing - got optometrist on a to do list - looking into bifocals again.

Neighbor of mine with a dog named "wade" I keep calling him "gus" - boxer who is just a sweetheart - does medical coding and I told her where I work we are not the best paying but if you want to stay longer, it is possible and I know the Manager and 2 Supervisors I can get a resume to them....never know.

Back to knitting. Stay cool.
  • WeepingAngel81
    Options
    Just had lunch and will go back to knitting what I call my fish project:

http://www.ravelry.com/.../library/double-knitted-fish-scarf - I am not knitting a scarf but a baby blanket and it has 2 patterns one for the big fish and one for a school of fish. One row at a time.

Vanessa - Have "sunny side up" eggs for your birthday!! Glad you have the day off to celebrate.

Supposedly I can get onto the internet with my phone, but the print is so small I could not read a thing - got optometrist on a to do list - looking into bifocals again.

Neighbor of mine with a dog named "wade" I keep calling him "gus" - boxer who is just a sweetheart - does medical coding and I told her where I work we are not the best paying but if you want to stay longer, it is possible and I know the Manager and 2 Supervisors I can get a resume to them....never know.

Back to knitting. Stay cool.

Sunny Side up!! Good Idea!! Too cute. I couldn't open your ravelry link, but I crochet. I have an etsy shop (which needs love since I have been working so many hours lately), but it does ok enough to add some extra in my pocket. I absolutely love to crochet. I tried to knit but after using a hook for so many years, I couldn't get my hands coordinated.

• WeepingAngel81
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday as well... enjoy the day... happy birthday to you!

Hey! that's exciting! Happy birthday to your mom. My neighbor is my birthday twin. Same day, same year lol
  • arniedog74
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »

Hey! that's exciting! Happy birthday to your mom. My neighbor is my birthday twin. Same day, same year lol

Thank you! That's cool about birthday twin! Everyone has birthdays all around mine, but never had a birthday twin... think it would be fun!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Dawn~~

Hey Sara~~

I went to Ravelry.com, and I registered and made my user name and password, and then searched for Double Knitted Fish Scarf. The photo looks very cute, but I didn't search for photo of school of fish. I should go back and look around.

That sounds cool--your making a baby blanket instead of scarf. What colors are you using for yours? Exactly what they have or something different?

I was definitely intimidated by the language and stuff on that site, so I ran away quickly. I am a cowardly student-knitter, still working on a knit stitch only pink scarf from a year ago. I take the scarf to the knitters support group at MSK and knit and socialize with the other ladies, but I don't get very much done. It is so worth it though.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana Ravelry pattern above has 2 pages one with fish and one with school of fish - which is why I put it in my library in Ravelry -colors are what I have on hand but I have 2 skeins of "ocean" which is the border and background color - I have another blue to make 4 blocks I am knitting an + in between each to make larger and so with any luck I will not need to buy more ocean yarn. They have beginner patterns in there as well.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana check out verypink.com for knitting tutorials. I like the way she explains things.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hi Lana!

I get incredibly intimidated by patterns and trying to learn things... that is why, I have never tried crocheting since I failed so miserably as a child... maybe, I should get the book, "Crocheting for dummies"

Sara - would love to see baby blanket when done! Sounds adorable...

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It was a self-sabotage kind of weekend. Stress. Ouchy back and leg. Neighbor trouble. No affordable houses on the market that we would want. DH heads back to work tomorrow (he is a teacher). Life gets more stressful as school starts. Just kinda sucky.

But going to suck it up tomorrow and fly right. My sister reminded me that I really can't control anything except what I put in my mouth and the exercises I am doing for my back and leg. So, I'm going to concentrate on that and see if I can feel like I'm "winning" at something because right now it just all feels like failing.

Bright spot of the weekend was shopping with DD for cake decorating ideas for her birthday. She would like to help me make Beauty and the Beast themed cupcakes for her party next weekend.

Time to do some laundry before watching some TV and bed.

Annie
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - enjoy those happy memories you are making...B&B cupcakes sound wonderful..
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie - Post a photo of the B & Beast cupcakes when you make them. Sounds cute!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2017
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

I weighed myself and will wait a little while to weigh again. Second weigh in was a little better. Saw better # mid week. Just keep trying.

Window open as air quality is okay again. Too warm inside so I am happy to be able to air out the place.

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • WeepingAngel81
    Options
    Happy Monday all! I have one day off and too much to do, but I'm going to start with coffee