Replies

• MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    47 here....
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Total Body Circuit"=Done!
  • 3tei
    3tei Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47. Can I join the cool kids? Please?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Well done cool kids! So many of you are just knocking things outta the park daily.
    I had a fun weekend, that left me totally wiped out last night. I did a nice 40+km bike ride on Saturday. It's an out and back route, and going out was a breeze. Took me 47 minutes to ride the 13 miles. On the return I had a nasty head wind, so the ride took me exactly an hour. As I got to the last 10km, I crested the hill into a wall of thick fog! When I left, it was sunny.

Sunday we decided to go kayaking on the lake. By the time we headed out, the winds were picking up and the waves were getting bigger. We didn't get too far, so we decided to head back and stick closer to shore. Soon, there were white caps that were crashing over the boats. As we lined up to head to shore, I capsized. Thank goodness I knew how to wet exit and that the water was warm. Came up with my hat and sunglasses still perched on my head. B) We traded the kayaks for the open spirits and tried surfing the waves. I got pretty beat up as I was being rocketed to shore. Decided to just play in the waves without any boats. It was glorious. :) Body is sore this morning.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

I start back lifting today after a two-1/2 week vacation break. Yeesh....I am afraid of the DOMs, so am choosing to do only two sets for each workout this week. I can ramp back up to three sets soon enough.

Meanwhile, I have started my diet! I am using a macro-program to help me with this cut....and I hope I don't want to chew my arm off, but even if I do, I really need to drop some bulk. My back is sore nearly all the time, now, and I can only attribute that to bulk I have put on, in strange places, since menopause. I have a birthday in about ten weeks, so aiming for ten lbs down by then.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Ab Intervals"=Done!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    :s This happened today...it was not fun...not one bit. :s:s
    1z5yghmvszui.png
    v37r7xnduvfx.png
    k38f4qb1xr6i.png

Awesome... sorry it hut do bad... but think just how much stronger you are.
    also... what app are you using???
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    3m easy on the treadmill. Ran in between two very fit young women and didn't feel like a lumbering elephant by comparison. Winning!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I've been on vacation for over a week so there will be a lot of workout needed when I get home on Saturday! Burgers, fast food, Smores, kit kat, chips, beer, nachos, ice cream, oh my! No hiking yet and I remember now how poorly I sleep while camping.
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    I would like to be where the cool kids are...41 here
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Thank you@BettyM1017 what home work do you do?

I do mostly Beachbody workouts like 21 Day Fix, P90X3, Hammer & Chisel, etc. Enough variety to keep things ingesting and effective without being overly complicated. What do you do for your workouts @yweight1969 ?
  • 231Robyn
    231Robyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Low carbs high protein and elliptical each day! I am on my 7th day.
    :o
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of calorie-cut....I finally ate enough protein, today. So far, so good - I am not hangry, anyway.

Two lifting days in a row, so that is also good.

Tomorrow I will cardio.

I did weigh myself, today....but for the next few months, I am going to use the tape measure to keep my scale-habit at bay.

BOOM!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    dudasd1973 wrote: »
    43 here. Liking the vibe here for us 70's kids

Some of us are 60s kids. :wink:

Yes that's true. I'm 40 + 11
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I've decided to start crossfit. I'm in a rut with my lifting and I need something to lick my *kitten* out of my current headspace.
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I'm 45, 5'2" and 130 lbs. would love to get down to 125. So, in my quest to be healthier and to drop those last 5 lbs, here's what I'm doing:
    1) tracking everything I eat or drink religiously
    2) getting in a 60 min Zumba or kickboxing class six times a week
    3) staying within my calorie allotment plus some of the exercise calories
    4) drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day
    5) keeping a positive (de-stressed) mindset, and
    6) trying to get a good night's sleep every night
    I may not always be successful at all of these all of the time, but I'm gonna keep trying! Have a great day everyone!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Total Body Circuit"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Awesome... sorry it hut do bad... but think just how much stronger you are.
    also... what app are you using???

"Map my walk/run with Fitbit. :)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning cool kids! After a week away from the gym and lifting I was back yesterday and it felt great! No back pain which is a plus. It was a tough but good. :)