The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    That's really awkward. Hope he doesn't ask you out on a date.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Why are people so weird? I'm so glad I'm not doing customer service anymore.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I only have to speak with people by phone. That's beyond awkward!!

Glad to see you back!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm spent. Work is starting to feel more like the Shawshank redemption than a Career
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Just finished all of my paperwork (including ordering books) for grad school, which starts next Wednesday. All that's left is buying supplies-the fun part! Also, I'm a little nervous.
    @sufferlandrian -any chance you can take a vacation any time soon? Hang in there!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Feeling sorry for all you poor folks... while I do security at the most laid back amazing Roots & Blues Festival, EVAH! (Booker T in the photo) u72bejbqvyqz.jpg
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Bagel Sunday= More carbs in three hours than I probably ate all week :+1:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Oh caffeine my friend. How did I make it through my first 40 years without you?!!!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    First shift back on regular city patrol after the festival.... it's the "kitten". I am so exhausted, lol, but it's only the first of 6 straight nights.
    Heck! @sufferlandrian how did you manage to go for so long before you had coffee? I grew up in a Euro household where even us little kids had cafe latte before we trooped off to school.
    Even a large mug of dark roast isn't cutting it tonight though.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    My peeps, how are you! Night shift here and wired on a cup of joe
  • melissajkxoxo
    melissajkxoxo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    On my week of nights this week! Fun times in the transfusion medicine lab! Hope everyone's nights are going well!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    "transfusion medicine lab"....sounds like a vampire to me! watch out people!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate doing transfusions. Cross matching is a pain. I'll wait for a PCV to get to 15 before I do one.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Got another Laryngeal paralysis dog in. He seems to be responding to meds. Maybe we can get a couple more months out of this old boy.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Why do the dogs get that condition, @sufferlandrian?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Most of the time it's genetic. Sometimes nueropathies, cancer or chronic inflammation can cause it but usually we never find a specific problem.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The good news? Just hired another vet. The bad news? She won't be available until May. At least that gives me a date to shoot for.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    May? Yikes! But at least there is light at the end of the tunnel, even if the tunnel is long!

In other news, I'm switching grad school programs and now will be pursuing a seminary degree. I'm still sorting out the details. Eek!
  • sarah30isael
    sarah30isael Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all I'm new to the feed... I work nights...
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hi @sarah30isael and welcome to the dark side. What do you do for work?