Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Grievance...

When mfp members have little battles and I don't get it. Explain what is going on for those of us who don't know.
    Clearly you want an audience, and I love drama!

Well it all started when...

Grievance...

When mfp members have little battles and I don't get it. Explain what is going on for those of us who don't know.

Yes! Do continue please!

I'm here listening, waiting.

The elusive man drama is something I especially look forward to. It's like a jackpot that can only be topped by a super fun troll thread that gets everyone all riled up.

Then all of a sudden someone...

This is excellent!!
    Pretty sure this is how awesome rumors start...with a few fill in the blanks!

In all honesty it started because I was a big jerk. I started talking to two people around the same time. As friends at first and both relationships grew past that. I lied to both people and hurt both of them. One of the hurt parties told a friend because she can and wanted to. The issue was the friend decided to share this info with other people and try to label me as a bad guy.

*kitten* ..you had 2 others ... :sad: but you said I was the only one :'(

Kudos for coming clean..even though my widdle heart is bwoken

But baby you my gurl down under
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

The elusive man drama is something I especially look forward to. It's like a jackpot that can only be topped by a super fun troll thread that gets everyone all riled up.

This is excellent!!

In all honesty it started because I was a big jerk. I started talking to two people around the same time. As friends at first and both relationships grew past that. I lied to both people and hurt both of them. One of the hurt parties told a friend because she can and wanted to. The issue was the friend decided to share this info with other people and try to label me as a bad guy.

Oh, I'm sorry.

I like drama, and excitement...but I don't like personal gossip. I respect privacy.

I didn't mean to make light of your situation, that really sucks.

Nothing to apologize for. I have no problem admitting my faults. Also I'm not a serious person make light all you want!

(Pm me for the good stuff)

deleted because I got flagged. Why I don't know.

First off I didn't flag it and I now want to know who did. Second good memory! Neither party was Emma, sadly I wasn't good enough for her.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

Oh, I'm sorry.

I like drama, and excitement...but I don't like personal gossip. I respect privacy.

Nothing to apologize for. I have no problem admitting my faults. Also I'm not a serious person make light all you want!

First off I didn't flag it and I now want to know who did. Second good memory! Neither party was Emma, sadly I wasn't good enough for her.

WHO IS EMMA

I'll only tell in Kik, do you have Kik?
  • JLAJ81
    Options
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

Oh, I'm sorry.

WHO IS EMMA

I'll only tell in Kik, do you have Kik?

What a silly question. I am married and on MFP, of course I have kik.

I'll hit you up in there with all the Emma news! I also need some money to pay for her law school.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    rabbyduby wrote: »
    what is the etiquette? If you invite someone over for dinner, do you the host ask them to bring something or do you wait for the guest to offer? Now I grew up knowing you wait for the guest to offer and then say yes or no however every time my sister in law invites us over she is always asking for us to bring something and i get so irritated about it but can't seem to find a way to tell her. I never ask her to bring anything when i invite her over hoping she would get a clue. Am i wrong for feeling this way?

Etiquette is different from culture to culture. Some see bringing food as an insult, and some see not bringing food as an insult. My solution: "Do you want me to bring anything?".. If the answer is no, wine it is, if non drinkers flowers.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    @JLAJ81 ..phew, I was upset for a minute , but if Im your only girl down under that's cool :p
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

Oh, I'm sorry.

I was hesitant to say anything but if it's okay, I thought law student Emma Cottrell was the only one pining for you behind the scenes and admitting it in the threads. I hope she's okay with all this and has moved on to a more available man.

Why is this flagged?

#1 it was probably Emma
    #2 who the heck is Emma

Emma was a young law student at a community college and generously offered to help MFPers behind bars with their defense while charging no fees. She also allowed us to ask her anything, even matters of a personal persuasion. I'd link her threads but they've all been swept away.

Why would her threads get swept away?

And why do some people get "erased" from mfp history? It's weird to me.

Another question...when people get "erased" do they ever get erased from within quotes? I've noticed this reading through some older threads and it makes some stuff seem out of context.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

Grievance...

Grievance...

Yes! Do continue please!

This is excellent!!

Oh, I'm sorry.

I was hesitant to say anything but if it's okay, I thought law student Emma Cottrell was the only one pining for you behind the scenes and admitting it in the threads. I hope she's okay with all this and has moved on to a more available man.

Why is this flagged?

#1 it was probably Emma
    #2 who the heck is Emma

Emma was a young law student at a community college and generously offered to help MFPers behind bars with their defense while charging no fees. She also allowed us to ask her anything, even matters of a personal persuasion. I'd link her threads but they've all been swept away.

Why would her threads get swept away?

And why do some people get "erased" from mfp history? It's weird to me.

Another question...when people get "erased" do they ever get erased from within quotes? I've noticed this reading through some older threads and it makes some stuff seem out of context.

I've often wondered why Emma's threads in particular got removed. She was a jokester for sure, but very good natured and harmless in her play (in my opinion). Kinda like Deb and Carl whose threads also garnered a lot of attention, but very light heartedly without any meanness. I think she and they became too popular, and for some reason the powers-that-be wanted to discourage that at the time. Then again maybe they were being reported to the mods. Since it's done in confidence, or is supposed to be, the rank and file MFP membership wouldn't know.

I'm not sure if people can request that all their posts, including quotes that they appear in, be removed entirely from MFP leaving no trace. It seems like it would require a lot of work to do it manually, post by post. But if there's some way to do it behind the scenes which isn't too time consuming, MFP may honor such requests. As far as MFP doing that of its own volition to a banned poster, I don't know what their policy is and I don't think they openly discuss it on the threads.

Thank-you! That is weird to me about Emma's threads....she was way brighter than anyone gave her credit for.
    Weird to me that mfp would want to discourage fun and popular!

True Confession...
    When I first started visiting the forums, chit chat in particular, I felt like certain members might be "actors"...being paid to keep stuff lively! That's how some of the ridiculousness seemed to me! Scripted almost...or maybe just like very talented improv!!
  • crmzn
    crmzn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wait....so people, behind bars, were getting on MFP for legal advice from someone attending community college?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Big pat on the back to @captainfantastic94, who should be having a daikini baby any minute now and won't get a good nights rest for most of the next year. Congrats, buddy!

Sweet! Congratulations @captainfantastic94
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    You visited Colorado a few times. That doesn't suddenly make you the kind of person who wears a pink cowboy hat. Ugh, just stahp

I just evened out your responses on this post. You just need one insightful and 1 inspiring to have a clean sweep.
  • JLAJ81
    Options
    My grievance is that @JLAJ81 only had two girls he was talking to. Most people on here are in the double digits.

It's grown quit a bit but you know that because you just sent me my daily noodz.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    My grievance is that @JLAJ81 only had two girls he was talking to. Most people on here are in the double digits.

It's grown quit a bit but you know that because you just sent me my daily noodz.

WHAT? When she sent me my daily noodz this morning she told me I was the only one that gets to see them today. Heartbroken.. :'(:#
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

Double digits!? Man, you guys are setting the bar pretty high.