Over 100 lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Brand new here! Not sure how to do this. I've got 120 to lose. Just went to a 4 hour Orientation to Weight Loss Surgery class today. I won't do the surgery. Long story, but too many life ruining things it could do. So I'm more motivated than I've been in decades to really try to change the way I eat and move. 10lb goals at a time. Would love the Buddy System type of understanding support.

Send me a friend request and we can buddy up. I'm focusing on 10 pounds at a time, more exercise and movement in my days, and better eating habits.
  • mw0212
    mw0212 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have 150 to lose. Looking to help encourage others and be motivated. I log daily. Please add me.
  • longb710
    longb710 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would love to be added to this group:) I have a 100 lbs to lose and I'm new:)
    Thanks
  • joanne6063
    joanne6063 Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

I love this idea!!!! It makes so much sense. If I was to look at the whole goal at the beginning I would cave in fast. Thank you for this help! Add me please! I also can't figure this posting stuff out. I have never done this before so I would love to be part of this community please.
  • joanne6063
    joanne6063 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been eating healthy for about 6 days. I walked twice. I lost 9 1/2 lbs. I know it's all fluid but is this normal?
  • goldiejdb
    goldiejdb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    joanne6063 wrote: »
    I have been eating healthy for about 6 days. I walked twice. I lost 9 1/2 lbs. I know it's all fluid but is this normal?

Yes it is normal. Also the higher your initial weight the faster the pounds drop off when you start
  • garydeinert
    garydeinert Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hoping this post is still active. Interested in making friends with similar goals. Goal to lose 110 and have always had trouble staying the course. Add me if you think we can encourage each other!! :)
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Tuesday is my weigh day. Today I'm 283.6.

Here is a recap of my month.

August. 1: 288.2
    August. 8: 290.8
  • goldiejdb
    goldiejdb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Tuesday is my weigh day. Today I'm 283.6.

Here is a recap of my month.

August. 1: 288.2
    August. 8: 290.8

Awesome! You're doing great
  • longb710
    Options
    I'm in!! Awesome idea:)
  • longb710
    Options
    How do you add people? I'm new:)
  • longb710
    Options
    How do I add this group? Newbie:) thanks
  • veganmars
    veganmars Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Newly vegan and I need to lose 150+ lbs. Could really use more friends on here, feel free to add me!
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have 120lbs to loose and only on day 3. Feel free to add me as I need all the motivation I can get. I am one of those impatient weight loss people. I need to keep reminding myself that the weight will go down slowly and only if I am consisent and determined.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    goldiejdb wrote: »
    I have over 100lbs to lose :# I'm just looking at it as losing 10 lbs 10 times or 25 lbs 4xs. It really works with keeping me motivated. Looking for friends who are Dedicated and working towards the same

I like your attitude!

Good luck to you. You got this!
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Bonnie we share the same stats and timeframe of when we started. I am trying to learn more about this site. My life is very sedentary due to age and 2 bad arthritic knees so controlling my food is the major thing for me. I just discovered the "community" tab today. Just reading others posts and motivation is great. Congrats on breaking the 290 cycle! Haven't weighed in yet. I'll hope for some good results too. Without exercising and being older makes losing weight tough. All of you young people out there, lose it now while it's easier. :)
  • RavenKnight2018
    RavenKnight2018 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 140lbs to lose anyone that would like to add me please do. I got up to this weight back in 2013 and through diet and exercise managed to lose 60lbs. I fell of the wagon and gained it all back. I also gained a lot of health problems along the way, now my hope is to lose the weight any maybe it will help with some of the issues I have gained as well as maybe drop a few medications. I also have a decent family history of diabetes, heart attacks, and strokes. Which I would like to avoid those if I can. I do have issues with not only food addiction, but also with emotional eating.

Why does all the really tasty food have to be so bad? lol
  • QUEENxo1992
    QUEENxo1992 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have about 200lbs to lose. But I can do it. I'm very motivated :)
  • QUEENxo1992
    QUEENxo1992 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh ps add me if you'd like