CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• shortnsexii
    Options
    i would love to be put on the waiting list please, i love the way its put togther, looks like lots of fun thanks
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There is an easier way to do this? I'm not using for the actual charts, those are all photoshops. Excel just has a list of everyone, previous weight, new weight, pounds lost, then I calculate the percent with a calculator, etc etc. Took forever to figure out the right formula.
    There must be a formula to work out percentages etc in excel, If I had time at work I'd have a fiddle with some for you, as there should be a way to do the calculations automatically when you put the two weights in (not sure how you're doing the challenge scoring system). If you're doing it with calculators I'm hella impressed at your calculator skills and your time dedication!
    Thank you so much for all the effort you're putting in.

If you want to send me an example spreadsheet I can flutter my eyelashes at a fellow (less busy!) co-worker, and see if they can work out an autoformula for you? (She's weird and enjoys making spreadsheets do exciting things)
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    There is an easier way to do this? I'm not using for the actual charts, those are all photoshops. Excel just has a list of everyone, previous weight, new weight, pounds lost, then I calculate the percent with a calculator, etc etc. Took forever to figure out the right formula.
    There must be a formula to work out percentages etc in excel, If I had time at work I'd have a fiddle with some for you, as there should be a way to do the calculations automatically when you put the two weights in (not sure how you're doing the challenge scoring system). If you're doing it with calculators I'm hella impressed at your calculator skills and your time dedication!
    Thank you so much for all the effort you're putting in.

If you want to send me an example spreadsheet I can flutter my eyelashes at a fellow (less busy!) co-worker, and see if they can work out an autoformula for you? (She's weird and enjoys making spreadsheets do exciting things)

I'd be happy to write a formula if I could get my hands on a spreadsheet. THat's what I do for a living. My degree is in Math/Computer Science so that stuff is right up my alley.

THanks ladies for this awesome challenge! You guys are doing a tremendous job corrdinating everything.

I assume that we do the challenge exercises every day. Is that right?

I'll be taking the river. Here's to hoping zombies can't swim.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the little story parts every week and the charts look cool. I like having the little extra push to get 'r done everyday.

I despise all of the whining - if I ever start a group I will have a 2 whines and your out policy. lol (and I don't mean a genuine concern)

SO this week my crazy *kitten* is going to try to do the arms and legs.
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    I really enjoy the little story parts every week and the charts look cool. I like having the little extra push to get 'r done everyday.

I despise all of the whining - if I ever start a group I will have a 2 whines and your out policy. lol (and I don't mean a genuine concern)

SO this week my crazy *kitten* is going to try to do the arms and legs.

haha! Jenny, I love that you are on my team! You are crazy!

Go Explosives! :explode:
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    Seems we need a bit of clarification on the workouts.

100 lunges = 50 lunges per leg
    50 mountain climbers = one whole set (right up, left up is one. then right up, left up again is two)
    and rows is 45 per side which is suppose to be divided into 3 sets.
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Hey guys. Alright so I'm setting up some google docs for everyone so we can record our information and have it nicely assembled for mrtentaclenun. I will be sending you guys the link to your page which you should update with your information (I put in some of as an example so you know what to type). Every week instead of messaging us the info you will be entering it in here. I will also send the link to mrtentaclenun who will be the only other person looking at your information. Please keep it updated by check in every week!

Expect to see the messages with the link between today and early Sunday morning (EST).
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    Hey guys. Alright so I'm setting up some google docs for everyone so we can record our information and have it nicely assembled for mrtentaclenun. I will be sending you guys the link to your page which you should update with your information (I put in some of as an example so you know what to type). Every week instead of messaging us the info you will be entering it in here. I will also send the link to mrtentaclenun who will be the only other person looking at your information. Please keep it updated by check in every week!

Expect to see the messages with the link between today and early Sunday morning (EST).

Fantastic, thanks babybluz33 for the great idea!!!!

...and thank you mrtentaclenun and ACowboyKid for setting this up for us!!!!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    cool i just got my link, quick question where do you want us to input our current weight? do we still send that to mrtentaclenun?

Looks good tho this should make everything so much easier i presume cut off time is still the same. Thankyou for setting all this up guys you are amazing xx

* slaps forehead, just arrow across and it's all there, sorry feeling dumb today!*
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Looks good :)
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I like the spreadsheet. I can keep track of what I've done. Hope everyone's had a good week.
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yay! Finally off the waiting list. :) You're looking at the newest member of Team Ranged, and I am ready to kick some serious butt.

... I'm way too excited about this challenge.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

Fantastic, thanks babybluz33 for the great idea!!!!

...and thank you mrtentaclenun and ACowboyKid for setting this up for us!!!!

No problem, glad I could help! They look fantastic!! :). Hope everything went more smoothly!
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    WEEK IV - ONE STEP AHEAD

The terrain was rugged and the river was wild. Luckily this mean few of the undead could pass through into the wilderness. Only a few ghouls had been stumbled upon by the climbers passing through the mountains once they had gotten far enough. Where as the river proved too harsh for any undead to lurk beneath the surface. Although many of the undead began to trail behind the survivors following them along the banks. Occasionally one would stumble too close to the water and fall in quickly being swept away but the others shuffled onward, their moans growing distant.

It had taken a couple days to climb through the mountains, the river route reached the small town first. The collection of survivors apprehensively paddled towards the dock while scanning what they could see of the town. Unfortunately in the rush to escape from the city the survivors had not considered nor had time to consider collecting supplies for their travels. Already those in the mountains were finding their resources severely limited but those that already passed through the mountains and stumbled upon this abandoned town only had this crossing their mind for the past few hours.

Quietly the rowers banked their boats and climbed out while continuing to scan the town for any sign of life. Nothing. Once everyone was from their boats they entered into the deserted town. Doors were left open, swining in the wind. Windows broken. Trash scattered about the street. There was the occasional pool of blood or smeared hand prints in dried blood along the buildings but not a body part could be found. “I don’t like this,” someone whispered in your ear. The silence was suffocating.

Then a gasp broke through the crowd as they turned the corner. “Over here!” someone shouted out. Their voice being far too loud for comfort. The group quickly moved towards the person to witness a giant heap of burned and charred bodies which seemed to have been put out with water. Thankfully they were upwind but the sight was scarring enough.
    “There must be someone uninfected here,” someone said.
    Then a strange voice broke into the commotion, “There following you.” A few new survivors from the town emerged from the buildings. They had been watching you.
    “Seems you’ve attracted the attention of every one of those abominations for miles. They’ve been moving up the river, maybe not more than a day behind you.”
    “None of us can stay here now! We were safe!” Shouted an angry townie. Hostility high in their voice.
    “We we’re never safe. Its about time to move onward anyways, we can’t cling to this town any longer.”
    “We have people in the mountains though!”
    “We’ll just have to get them. We can’t just abandon them and we must move on now.

Negotiations then began quickly. The survivors discussed the radio signal mentioned previously and how they must abandon the river for fear of running cities further down which were fully infected. The small band of survivors merging in with the larger cluster. The two teams then began to gather supplies. Pots, pans, food, knives, blankets, flash lights, portable radios, and anything they could gather which could be carried. A couple bikes were found and distributed amongst the survivors which caused quite a fuss. Then the cargo was distributed while the plans were made to travel up through the mountains to reunite the teams and travel onward through farmland further on.

CHALLENGE:

As with the previous challenges please come up with your mini goal weapons (ie. drinking more water, under calories, more veggies, etc). The two options are either hike carrying supplies or bike. Those that chose the mountain climb are still expected to choose one of the options. Each work out is to be done 4 days this week (think of this as a break week).

Option A - You will be walking or jogging about 3 miles for 4 days this week while carrying some type of weighted load. You may decide the weight you will be carrying. Please specify what it will be. Whether it is a backpack filled with books, a heavy purse or maybe a weighted vest. I realize that some people have limitations so use your own digression on how much you will be carrying.

Option B - Seeing as your bike will be carrying the weight you are instead required to bike for 6 miles 4 days this week. Please remember you’re trying to move fast to reach the mountain climbers as fast as possible so biking fast is what you want to be doing.
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Love the story and this looks like a GREAT challenge! Thanks for your hard work again this week! :happy:
  • agreenmess
    Options
    Acowboykid, you are seriously good at writing storeys!!

Sounds like a really good challenge, is it possible to mix them up and do some bike riding/walking??

Nessy x
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love it! The story and the challenge, keep up the good work. Good Luck everyone! Go team Ranged!
    I really appreciate the 4 days a week part, some days your muscles just need a break.
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    RESULTS WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW! Sorry guys but since it's the first week with spreadsheets, I won't get the links to everyone until after 9pm and that is just too late for me to get started. So keep an eye out for the results tomorrow!
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    WEEK 3 RESULTS!!!

As you may notice, a lot of names have nothing after them/blank spots. A few people have dropped, as well as there are new people who have yet to check in yet. I also noticed I put a yes under challenge completed for team ranged when there is no name for that row. Don't worry it wasn't added into ranged's points, i have a whole other spreadsheet (one of many!) that adds up the points so that was all an accident sorry!

There were a lot of penaltys this week. I realize that we have a new system (which is tremendously helpful I love it) but make sure you guys are messaging me by monday if you cannot figure out your links or they don't work.

Congratulations to FeverRN you are our biggest loser this week!
    As a group we lost 35 pounds. Keep it up guys, lets keep dropping those pounds! Don't get discouraged! Look to your teammates for support!
    Congratulations to agreenmess, you rocked it out on the challenges this week! Jennyisbusy you were a very close second! You guys are awesome :)

Sorry again for the delay in the results. They should be up much faster now with our new system of tracking.

So without further dilly dallying, here are the results *crossing fingers that there are no complaints!*

ranged3.jpg

melee3.jpg

explosives3.jpg

challengefinal3.jpg