The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sarah30isael
    sarah30isael Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks I am a CNA... certified nursing assistant... aka nurses *kitten*... aka *kitten* wiper lol... but I love it been doing this 6 years. @canadjineh
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    new here too, thought I would say hi. I'm a police officer in Houston. Sometime I get bored on a night that is Q word...(can't say it or it will jinx!)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Quite the amazing ink there, @Doesntplaynice82. Great lion! Welcome. Glad it's a Q night for you too. Thunder & lightning here seems to be keeping the troublemakers holed up.
    @sarah30isael, CNA's are very important! I used to work in Health Care (physio) before I got into Security/Policing.
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The rain is just getting started here....if hurricane blows through I get mucho overtime!!
  • sarah30isael
    Options
    Thanks @canadjineh I wish we got paid like are important... you know like the football players get lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    My mom got me a 1-person inflatable kayak for my birthday, and I finally got it out today. I've been wanting one for a couple years, so it was pretty exciting!nuctnyd9jd5b.jpg
    h1u81c6u9kc7.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,221 Member
    Options
    That's going to be a lot of fun in the Kayak! :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    That thing is awesome @jennifer_417

Welcome new peeps!! @Doesntplaynice82 Stay safe and as dry as you can!!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Unfortunately too dry still, @bethanie0825. We've had the storms but no rain - fire blew up near Kelowna the other day started by lightning. 1100 people evac'ed in a huge hurry leaving large stock behind, horses etc. Most were only able to get out with their house pets and some could not get to their houses at all when coming back from town. So far holding it away from houses. 5 new fires closer to us but not too out of control or threatening structures at the moment. Ugh, dry strikes are a "kitten."

Kayak is grrrreat @jennifer_417! Don't drag it over the cement too often, lol. I love quietly paddling through the little nooks and crannies of a slow moving river or a lake. We have a small canoe but haven't even had a chance to get out in it this season. Tomorrow will be the last in a straight run of 13 nights working. Then a two day break, and back at 'er.

Are you in the Gulf Coast area, @Doesntplaynice82? I'm keeping an eye on that as we are trying to decide where to go for our winter vacation. I was thinking fly to Galveston, road trip it around to NOLA, then down the Gulf Coast of FL. Maybe not....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We finally got some rain here. I forgot what it was like to get splashed by dump trucks on my way home. :smile: It was all good. Got my rain pants stashed in the saddle bag now. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    So a wife comes home from her annual exam. She tells her husband, "The doctor said I have the breasts of an 18 year old." The husband barely looking up from his paper says, "What does he think about your 45 year old *kitten*?" The wife quips, "I don't know. He never mentioned you." (Jerry Lewis - Stand up)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Found out today that my aunt Nina passed away. She will be missed.
  • sarah30isael
    Options
    Sorry to hear that...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    She went quick. That's all any of us can ask for.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear @sufferlandrian :cry:

@canadjineh That's awful to hear too. This weather is crazy. Texas is getting 50 inches. Around my parts, we're looking at 2-4 inches of rain from the system that's off Florida right now. By this time, we can usually ease off on cutting grass and such bc it's brown but not this year. And you guys can't catch a break.

My C25K training is going okay. My left foot is NOT happy and I have myself a nice case of plantar fasciitis :+1: I have supports that I can slide of my feet and socks to wear around. Got some inserts for my running shoes so I hope they help. Really help bc this crap hurts!!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your auntie, I hope she felt fulfilled and satisfied with her life.

@bethanie0825 are you T2D or pre-diabetic? Hyperinsulinemia causes increased plantar fascia thickness which generally makes them less flexible and more prone to stress injuries. https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22349878 You might want to switch training for water running in the pool until you are healed. And if you haven't gotten your insulin (not the usual blood glucose tests) done you might want to do that. Higher than healthy insulin levels (insulin resistance) show up a while before blood sugar problems. Hoping you feel better soon!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @sufferlandrian -sorry to hear about your aunt. Saying a prayer for the family.
    @bethanie0825 -yikes! Hope you heal up quickly!

Can anyone tell me why I thought it was a good idea to pick up an extra shift this week?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Ummmm, because it will make you rich, @jennifer_417? Hahah, not really; I know all about that. Likely sufferlandrian does too ;)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Haha, yeah, I guess you guys would! Sorry for whining, lol!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just had a first. A cat stole a ball point pen and when he jumped down, it jammed through the back of the throat and lodged between the shoulder blade and the chest wall. I went to pull it out from the chest side and the clip you use to keep it in your pocket hooked up on tissue. I had to come back up and cut down into the neck tissue and take it that way.