30DS start date 7/25/11 - Who's in?

Options

Replies

• bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Day 4 complete! The shoulder raise and side lunges are the worst for me! I do the girly push ups, which I dont find too bad, but I cant do the proper ones yet! Hoping that I will be able to once this is all over :)

I hate the shoulder raise & the side lunges too! well..moreso the shoulder raises. I am barely able to finish both sets!

I think I might try to do 10 regular push-ups each night to build up my endurance so that I can do them properly during the dvd.
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I hate the shoulder raises too... Man those are hard, and you are already fatigued by that point in the workout!! Keep pushing through!! It's great to see everyone working so hard at it..
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of Level 1 done! Felt easier today but those shoulder raises still burned.
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    Day 7 done, which means "only" 23 to go! I'm gonna start with Level 2 tomorrow, was going to wait til Sun of Mon, but I think it's time to up my game.
  • catalame
    catalame Posts: 40
    Options
    Day 5 gone... only 2 days left on level 1... eeeekkk!!
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Day 5 and it's getting harder! Just some advice that's working for me: I have to do at least 10 minutes of warm up (my choice is an erg) before starting the DVD. Without it, I simply can't move my muscles in the first few minutes.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Done (last night). I made a horrible mistake of trying to eat before doing it. The entire time my stomach was swashing around and making horrific noises. I felt pretty ill. I am doing almost full butt kicks now, but I had to rest a bit more between activities. I almost feel like I should be doing this twice a day...
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Day 5 completed. I am really liking the cardio on level 1. I can't believe I just said that.
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    I've been so busy that I havent even done 30 ds since the first day. :(
  • catalame
    Options
    Did 6 week 6 pack as well today as I felt a bit lazy and had an hour before the boy got in from work :)
  • missjaeda
    missjaeda Posts: 22
    Options
    I started a couple days late, but I had time and energy yesterday so I did it twice, and I'm a bit sore but ready for today! I'm hoping to catch up! I have to admit though, that I didn't use weights at all yesterday. I was too scared, and figured it was for the best since I did it twice in a row. I plan on using 2 lbs today, and see how that goes. Maybe I'll use 3 lbs tomorrow :)
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 6 tonight. Still tough but definitely getting easier, did all the cardio - well, modified the jacks a bit still but still kept the HR up. Looking forward to moving on but will continue to work this till I feel I've "mastered" it - or after Day 10, whichever comes first, haha! Thanks for the great workout, Jill!
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Day 8 completed!!! Joi, I'm going to move on to level 2 with you tomorrow!!! We got this!!!! I didn't modify any of the workout today!! YAY!!
  • catalame
    Options
    Today is day 7.. ouch! Missed day 6, so gonna do two levels on monday... :-)
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    I've actually moved to level 2 yesterday, did L2D2 today. I thought it wouldn't be a good idea to try it for the first time on a monday before work... It is hard but good!

Do you all use HRMs? did you buy them or apps on mobiles?
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I took yesterday as a rest day, so I wil complete D6L1 today. I am going to try to do each level for 10 days. Wasn't planning on a rest day yesterday, but my body said otherwise.

As for HRM's, I use a Polar FT4 and love it!
  • emilyahsmommy
    Options
    I took a breask yesterday too but will try to do it twice today if i can.. i browsed at Level 2 and im excited to be starting that soon.
  • urbanmyth
    urbanmyth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just curious to know what size weights you are all using? I started day 1 and 2 on 6lb weights and thought I was going to die! My shoulders obviously couldn't handle that and I was in serious pain for a couple of days. I moved down to 2lb but they just feel too light, particularly now I'm on day 5.

I'm going to go and buy some 4lb weights tomorrow. Hopefully that's a happy medium.
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I forgot to check in yesterday but I did do d6l1 and this morning I finished d7L1. A couple more days and then I will move on.
  • emilyahsmommy
    Options
    D6L1 finished.. a great way to start out the day.