Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Speaking of salads, I can eat them again! It was the xanthan gum in the salad dressing that was the problem, not the salad itself.

So far, I've been fine as long as I don't use commercial salad dressing on my salads. I'm so happy!!!!! I can eat some raw veggies again!!!!!!

For my main meal today, I had a big salad with spring mix tossed with tomatoes and zucchini, some brown rice, cottage cheese and dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. The cottage cheese makes everything creamy and is my protein source. Very, very filling meal. I might have served myself out of a mixing bowl...

I made the pumpkin ice cream, it came out great! I topped it with some more maple syrup. Yum!

Wonderful.
    Glad you can eat salads again.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Speaking of salads, I can eat them again! It was the xanthan gum in the salad dressing that was the problem, not the salad itself.

So far, I've been fine as long as I don't use commercial salad dressing on my salads. I'm so happy!!!!! I can eat some raw veggies again!!!!!!

For my main meal today, I had a big salad with spring mix tossed with tomatoes and zucchini, some brown rice, cottage cheese and dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. The cottage cheese makes everything creamy and is my protein source. Very, very filling meal. I might have served myself out of a mixing bowl...

I made the pumpkin ice cream, it came out great! I topped it with some more maple syrup. Yum!

That makes me very happy for you. It made me feel sad for you imagining how life is without raw vegetables but I didn't voice it. I'm glad this has been resolved, you deserve the best.
    agbmom556 wrote: »

Wonderful.
    Glad you can eat salads again.

Thank you both!
  • BrendalovesJFP
    BrendalovesJFP Posts: 4 Member
    How do you stay consistent and true to yourself? I have been eating a "standard" extremely unhealthy diet and worse for most of high school (lots of fast food and candy ironically sandwiching a health nut period while I was an athlete). For the last year, I have been vegetarian but still not too healthy. Vegan for 5 months. STILL unhealthy. I have a week usually of volume eating (3 heads of kale, while cauliflower, 30 strawberries, etc.), but then I go right back to skipping meals and then binge eating *kitten*. Any suggestions? Also, any tips on shopp no as a volume eater for a poor college student?!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    If any of you have Grocery Outlets around you mine had ON Pumpkin Pie (not sure if it was Whey or Casein or how close to expiration it was) powder for $14.99 a container.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    A tip for oil dressing, if you have access to unrefined sunflower oil the flavor is amazing for salads and strong, a little bit goes a long way. I love adding it to a simple tomato and onion salad.

Another oil to use for salads if you want to add some Asian flavour is sesame seed oil. Couple drops go a LONG way.

Sesame oil is bangin. Add a tsp or less of chili oil too for a kick. And soy sauce.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    While this might look like something else...lol! It's actually coffee/cocoa ice 'cream'.

Only calories from the coffee and cocoa powder! Maybe 5-10 calories?

Blend ice cubes ( 1 tray) I also freeze strong coffee ice cubes too - which I use a few of too
    Add in 1-3 tsp.s of cocoa powder/a bit of stevia and maybe a bit of some flavor from an extract - vanilla/almond, carmel, butterscotch, etc.,

Add chilled coffee to blend...ensure you don't too much - just enough to blend all the ice cubes
    Then add 1/4+ tsp. of xanthum gum or guar gum and it blends into a smooth mixture.
    Eat right away or if you want it a less liquidy freeze for an 1 hour or so.

It makes a large amount - about twice what is shown below...and this is a large bowl

dpoh4g4kzfqd.jpg
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    ^lol!
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    eaqta3svmyti.jpg
    Supper! Also attempting the pumpkin pie ice cream fluff later -- it sounds so good and I'm not even a pumpkin pie fan.

Can't wait to spiralize some butternut too!

Awesome! Is this 1 meal for 1 person? My dinner is usually one tray of veg but i also include a protein so that gobbles up my calories.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    It does look like a giant turd but I'd try

:D
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited August 2017
    Totally trying both the coffee/cocoa and pumpkin pie ice cream soon!!

Edited to ask: @nowine4me, For the pumpkin ice cream, did you use all the original amounts and ingredients and then just add the 100g pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Edited to ask: @nowine4me, For the pumpkin ice cream, did you use all the original amounts and ingredients and then just add the 100g pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice?

I kind of wing it and it always seems to work. I made the pumpkin again this morning with quest vanilla and it was even better. Here's my best guess in addition to the ice snow:
    2 tbsp quest vanilla
    4 oz unsweet almond milk
    100g canned pumpkin (Libby's)
    Tap pumpkin pie spice
    1 tbsp Carys sugar free maple syrup
    .5 tsp vanilla extract
    Squirt Splenda zero
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited August 2017
    widgit808 wrote: »
    eaqta3svmyti.jpg
    Supper! Also attempting the pumpkin pie ice cream fluff later -- it sounds so good and I'm not even a pumpkin pie fan.

Can't wait to spiralize some butternut too!

Awesome! Is this 1 meal for 1 person? My dinner is usually one tray of veg but i also include a protein so that gobbles up my calories.

That was just for me! The butternut was frozen and turned to complete mush when I baked it, will only use fresh moving forward, but I gobbled up the rest for about 400 cals.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    crazyravr wrote: »

This is my volume eating meal for the next five lunches.

It included 51.30 ounces of Great Value boneless chicken breast, 352 grams of Green Giant's Fire Roasted Tri-Color Peppers, 957 grams of Hanover's Petite Broccoli Florets (whole bag), 451 grams of Chi-Chi's (one whole jar basically) Mild Pineapple Salsa, & 534 grams of Birds Eye Steamfresh veggie made cauliflower rice in a lightly sauced with roasted garlic flavor (two whole bags).

Made about 586 grams a serving.

It made me laugh that I had to throw the finished product in a gallon sized Blue Bunny ice cream container to weigh out the final product, & then dished it into smaller plastic containers for lunch.

I just love how you list on the weights in grams, and the chicken in good old american ounces lol haha :) Why?

Just went by what the packages said and weighed on my food scale lol.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I kind of wing it and it always seems to work. I made the pumpkin again this morning with quest vanilla and it was even better. Here's my best guess in addition to the ice snow:
    2 tbsp quest vanilla
    4 oz unsweet almond milk
    100g canned pumpkin (Libby's)
    Tap pumpkin pie spice
    1 tbsp Carys sugar free maple syrup
    .5 tsp vanilla extract
    Squirt Splenda zero

Cool, thanks!