WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hugs Ladies!
    So sad about our Gloria! You just never know from day to day when our time comes? I loved her caring nature, and all she did for her grandkids!
    Becca
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Am I correct in that Gloria was struck by a car and killed?

Yes. I believe that is the case -- while she was walking her dog. :cry:

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rhonda ~ I went to college at N GA State and U.

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    I live in Blairsville. The lovely North Ga. mountains! I do have a couple of questions related to this thread.
    1. Is there a way to keep this on my home page so that I don't always have to "search" for it? Surely there is an easier way!
    2. How do I know what each of your names are. ie...Peach1984. Is this what I call you?

You can bookmark the thread to find it again easily. Click the empty star at the top of the page then find us again by clicking the gray star on the community page

Most of us sign posts with a preferred name (and location )

:) Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Dana.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome. My name is Rhonda and I live in NE Ga. I have been married to my husband, Henry, for 44 years. We have five grown children and seven grandchildren. I am the only caregiver for my mother and sometimes may be housebound for several weeks, due to my husband working out of town.

I have only read the comments here on Gloria. She sounds like an amazing woman and I am sorry not to have the chance to get to know her. I will definitely be praying for her family as they have many decisions to make.

Welcome! I live in NEGA as well - Jefferson area.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 new gym- 4.25min, 131mhr, 12amph. .8mi = 38c
    apple watch- 34c
    *new* Ski Machine- 36min, 142mhr, lvl4-6, 93stpmin, 93aw, 15.9km= 306c
    apple watch- 303c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 12.41min, 14.5amph, 135mhr, 3mi = 114c
    appple watch- 107c
    ride bike puy 2 sumn sta- 14.25min, 145mhr, 12.7amph, 3mi= 142c
    apple watch- 124c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.42min, 157mhr, 9.06min mi, .5mi = 59c
    apple watch- 52c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.05min, 9.46min mi, 153mhr, .5mi = 64c
    apple watch- 58c
    ride dome 2 hm- 16.48min, 9.3amph, 158mhr, 2.5mi = 177c
    apple watch- 148c

total cal 900
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Good evening, all!

I’ve just put a quiche in the oven so after a harried day, I’ve finally got time for my evening check-in. We had some nice asparagus so I sauteed it in a little bacon fat and put it in the quiche with a few bacon bits and some parmesan cheese. We nearly always have eggs and frozen pie crust on hand, so this is a go-to meal when I want something easy.

Katla – I’ve been worried about long-term use of H2 blockers. I take omeprazole, and I’d love to cut down but if I miss a dose I can’t keep down my food. My doctor says the pill is less of a risk than the daily upchuck, but I wish it were possible to find a different solution.

Lisa – Your mom sounds like a character! I can just imagine her presenting that trophy to the offender of the year.

Carol – Thank you for keeping us posted on any donation efforts. Do you have an address where we could send a card to Gloria’s family?

Blueyedgurl – Welcome to the group! Those are some beautiful blue eyes in your profile photo.

SkipperCami – And welcome to you to! This is such a supportive group.

I’m still kind of stunned by the news about our Gloworm, and heartbroken for her family. We may not have met, but you all feel like friends and I care about you.

All the Christmas talk is reminding me that we need to make plans. We try to make a visit to each of our families in December, and to rotate where we spend Christmas day between them. But that’s kind of fallen apart in recent years… we haven’t always been afford to board the animals, which makes it hard to travel. This year I think we’re due in Houston with Dad and my siblings, and we can probably take the dog with us and find someone to feed the cats and birds. That’s assuming Philip can even get the time off. It’ll be interesting, though, because my sister’s cat hates dogs and he absolutely terrorizes Luna.

Well, I think I smell quiche so I’d better wind this up for the night.

‘Night, everybody.

-Yvonne in TX
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    U
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Rye, I loved the image you shared with Wendy and her running rabbit adventure. Thanks for the smile.

Wendy, trust me, you are Superwoman’s Sister as far as I’m concerned. Many of us would show you what a turtle really runs like. (or a bird?) Keep up the great work.
    chicken-run-smiley-emoticon.gif

Beth, I sure think a pants outfit would be good for the wedding. I have worn some in the past.

Lisa, great instructions on how to post things here.

Kelly, Jouquin is sooo cute. Really young for a Party Animal, but glad he enjoyed. lets-party-smiley-emoticon.gif

CarolGA, I don’t know any other way to read the FB post about Gloria. That is so sad!!!! (later) I am somewhat in shock. We will really miss her. She was such a dear and she’s been with us a long time. crying.gif

Lisa, your mother sounds like a jewel. The trophy is such a great idea. Lol

Blueyedgurl, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. It makes it easier for us to respond.

Cami, you are in! And welcome. Please tell us a little about yourself to help us get to know you and sign your posts with the name you want to be called. Come often.

Terry, I hope you have a wonderful trip. I think most of us still track our food when on vacation. For me it’s even more important then as my diet will vary so much.

Vicki, thanks for the feedback on the copper pans. Yes, I am very careful about my pans and so upset that my DD has ruined the one. I only use plastic or wooden utensils and was by hand, not in the dishwasher. Glad you like yours.

Meg, take a deep breath and keep breathing. So sorry for the chaos. I’m sending soothing vibes your way. (((Hugs))))

Tiffany, I laughed reading about what you are like if you eat a goodie. Lol As far as keeping up with everyone, it takes time. It also is nice when people sign their posts so you only have to remember their name and not their screen name. My name is actually Janet but when Janetr joined us a couple of years ago, I changed to DJ because I had been called that before. It just makes it a bit easier. In fact, I often have a response for someone but don’t post it because I don’t know who they are other than some strange screen name. lol

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Ladies, I am just so saddened at the news about Gloria. Again it just reminds me of how I feel about most of you and how important you have become to me. Please all take care of yourselves and have a good night.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC