New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    arya8 wrote: »
    I had to travel a little out of my way for a doctor's appointment today which brought me to a Shoprite I don't normally shop at, so I checked for new Halo Top flavors.
    They finally had some (although their selection was very limited and I only found two of the new flavors).
    While they had the one I was most excited to try, unfortunately, one of the flavors they had (of course) was my least favorite, green tea mochi. I love mochi, I hate green tea. Reviews said it didn't taste like green tea so I said heck with it and threw it in my cart. The other was the pancakes & waffle, which I just noticed you all gave poor reviews on so I'll try it tomorrow but I'm pretty optimistic since I'm obsessed with pancakes.

Green tea mochi:
    Probably because my hatred for green tea is so strong I do notice the green tea flavor at first, but it's very subtle and my taste buds are confused and picking up more of what tastes like lime? The more I eat it, the more it definitely tastes like Dannon's light & fit artificial key lime greek yogurt and the less I taste the tea. The mochi is a fun addition.
    I didn't throw out the pint like I expected I would, but it's not something I would get again (OK, I would, but not nearly as often as the other flavors) since I'm not a huge lime person and the green tea flavor is in the back of my mind. Still, it was sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and I'm impressed. Impressed and so indecisive about how I feel. Finishing a pint of what I thought I'd vomit over is a great start for these new flavors as far as I'm concerned! Just wish the exotic flavor they would have brought about was taro or purple ube/purple yam, but beggars can't be choosers. At least it wasn't chai.
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

I'm glad you didn't hate it! :D I loved pancakes and waffles!

I tried pancakes and waffles and it tastes like alcohol to me! It was like bourbon ice cream to me....which isn't necessarily a bad thing haha. I also tried cinnamon roll last night and THAT ONE IS on point!!! Might be my new favorite flavor. Also noticed those pints not being as rock hard as the original flavors. I didn't even have to let them sit out.

Oh gosh, I really should start trusting some of you more. I LOVE pancakes but I agree, this pancakes & waffle pint has some serious aftertaste going on. I don't drink alcohol too much so I can't tell if it would be similar to bourbon ice cream, but I can definitely say that they used too much stevia (I've tried making lower calorie desserts and have this same off-putting bitter flavor when I use too much powdered stevia extract). I never once thought in a million years I'd end up liking the green tea mochi flavor more than their pancakes & waffle flavor! Honestly though I probably won't get either one again. Much higher hopes for the caramel macchiato, candy bar, pumpkin pie, and cinnamon roll flavors! So glad I desperately paid $5 for this one pint before it went on sale since I would have ended up being stuck with at least 5 of these assuming I'd love it.
    If nothing else, as you've mentioned, at least they aced the texture! No thawing at all and it was perfect consistency to eat - that's a first!
    llndia0cksvc.jpg

I LOVE the taste of stevia so maybe I would like these. Funny this flavor seems like a flop because it had so much potential. They could of gave it a really yummy buttery maple flavor. (I am imaging the flavor of those maple candies if you've ever had them)
  • msemiliejean
    msemiliejean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    These probably seem like weird products to be obsessed with but lately it's been bee pollen and maca powder for me. I'm really into eating whole foods and finding foods that will help my body holistically. They both have so many insane benefits that balance out hormones, improve skin, boost immunity, provide natural energy, fight illness, help improve gut health. I'm ALLLLL about it.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I had to travel a little out of my way for a doctor's appointment today which brought me to a Shoprite I don't normally shop at, so I checked for new Halo Top flavors.
    They finally had some (although their selection was very limited and I only found two of the new flavors).
    While they had the one I was most excited to try, unfortunately, one of the flavors they had (of course) was my least favorite, green tea mochi. I love mochi, I hate green tea. Reviews said it didn't taste like green tea so I said heck with it and threw it in my cart. The other was the pancakes & waffle, which I just noticed you all gave poor reviews on so I'll try it tomorrow but I'm pretty optimistic since I'm obsessed with pancakes.

Green tea mochi:
    Probably because my hatred for green tea is so strong I do notice the green tea flavor at first, but it's very subtle and my taste buds are confused and picking up more of what tastes like lime? The more I eat it, the more it definitely tastes like Dannon's light & fit artificial key lime greek yogurt and the less I taste the tea. The mochi is a fun addition.
    I didn't throw out the pint like I expected I would, but it's not something I would get again (OK, I would, but not nearly as often as the other flavors) since I'm not a huge lime person and the green tea flavor is in the back of my mind. Still, it was sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and I'm impressed. Impressed and so indecisive about how I feel. Finishing a pint of what I thought I'd vomit over is a great start for these new flavors as far as I'm concerned! Just wish the exotic flavor they would have brought about was taro or purple ube/purple yam, but beggars can't be choosers. At least it wasn't chai.
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

I tried pancakes and waffles and it tastes like alcohol to me! It was like bourbon ice cream to me....which isn't necessarily a bad thing haha. I also tried cinnamon roll last night and THAT ONE IS on point!!! Might be my new favorite flavor. Also noticed those pints not being as rock hard as the original flavors. I didn't even have to let them sit out.

Oh gosh, I really should start trusting some of you more. I LOVE pancakes but I agree, this pancakes & waffle pint has some serious aftertaste going on. I don't drink alcohol too much so I can't tell if it would be similar to bourbon ice cream, but I can definitely say that they used too much stevia (I've tried making lower calorie desserts and have this same off-putting bitter flavor when I use too much powdered stevia extract). I never once thought in a million years I'd end up liking the green tea mochi flavor more than their pancakes & waffle flavor! Honestly though I probably won't get either one again. Much higher hopes for the caramel macchiato, candy bar, pumpkin pie, and cinnamon roll flavors! So glad I desperately paid $5 for this one pint before it went on sale since I would have ended up being stuck with at least 5 of these assuming I'd love it.
    If nothing else, as you've mentioned, at least they aced the texture! No thawing at all and it was perfect consistency to eat - that's a first!
    llndia0cksvc.jpg

Since we have similar taste buds I think you'll definitely like the cinnamon roll and also candy bar is amazing as well! Since you liked green tea mochi, maybe I'll give it a try. I didn't bother buying it because I assumed it wouldn't be sweet at all.
  • byustrongman
    byustrongman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sea salt caramel halo top was the worst. Butterscotch and caramel are not the same flavor.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Tried these and 2/10, will not buy again and am in no rush to finish off the box. Only 120 calories per pack contains two 60 calorie mini "brownies". Did not taste like caramel at ALL so I was very disapointed. It had a very weird bitter artificial taste that reminded me of equal sweetener which I cannot stand. Clif brownie zbars are sooooo much better I guess I was envisioning them to taste like those but with some nice caramel in the middle. The caramel was not detectable nor did it taste anything like caramel. s-l225.jpg

• karinschoultz
    karinschoultz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love the Beyond Meat burgers, and the Lime flavored Beanios chips.(made out of beans) They are really good dipped in Greek ranch dip packet mixed with no fat greek yogurt.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

Green tea mochi:
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

llndia0cksvc.jpg

Since we have similar taste buds I think you'll definitely like the cinnamon roll and also candy bar is amazing as well! Since you liked green tea mochi, maybe I'll give it a try. I didn't bother buying it because I assumed it wouldn't be sweet at all.

I think it's definitely worth trying, just go into it expecting a key lime flavor not green tea. But it's definitely sweet! I stopped by another Shoprite today and called a different Shoprite (AND Target) and I'm still not having any luck with the other flavors. I'll definitely pick up the cinnamon roll as soon as I find it!

Green tea mochi:
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

llndia0cksvc.jpg

I LOVE the taste of stevia so maybe I would like these. Funny this flavor seems like a flop because it had so much potential. They could of gave it a really yummy buttery maple flavor. (I am imaging the flavor of those maple candies if you've ever had them)

That's what I was expecting! Enlightened's Butter Pecan pint has an AMAZING buttery pecan base that I was hoping Halo Top would've executed and threw in some maple swirls and doughy pancake pieces. It tasted more like soggy waffle cone pieces, no pieces of dough :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Marie-Callenders-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-Cream-Pie.jpg?resize=599%2C522&ssl=1

This also looks amazing!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    OK, so I tried my Lion's Pack products and I am definitely happy. The cookie doughs are the best healthy doughs I've tried. They have a faint healthy taste to them but still really good. And they say they are actually bakeable. The muffin is really good, and dense.

I actually joined their monthly shipment program. You get an extra 25% off all orders when you join, which is always helpful.
  • hgycta
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

Dunkin' Donuts beat them by about a month on that flavor, I'm sort of curious how Starbucks' version will compare. I've noticed a lot of Starbucks' newer flavors are either incredibly subtle or taste like something other than what they advertise, so I'm not letting my expectations get too high on this one. Especially since the person reviewing it in that post said it tasted good with their almondmilk (which I personally find disgusting and artificial tasting).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I bought maple pecan creamer. I'm good, lol
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Dunkin' Donuts beat them by about a month on that flavor, I'm sort of curious how Starbucks' version will compare. I've noticed a lot of Starbucks' newer flavors are either incredibly subtle or taste like something other than what they advertise, so I'm not letting my expectations get too high on this one. Especially since the person reviewing it in that post said it tasted good with their almondmilk (which I personally find disgusting and artificial tasting).

I really need to start hanging out at Dunks more often. Starbucks used to have another nutty specialty latte...I wish I could remember what it was...that wasn't that great.

I tried the International Delights Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer in my coffee this morning and I thought with a little sugar it would totally satisfy any PSL craving I had.
  • hgycta
    Options

I really need to start hanging out at Dunks more often. Starbucks used to have another nutty specialty latte...I wish I could remember what it was...that wasn't that great.

I tried the International Delights Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer in my coffee this morning and I thought with a little sugar it would totally satisfy any PSL craving I had.

Chestnut praline latte? I remember trying it when Maryland was a test market for it and I didn't care for it, way too subtle. When they rolled it out nationally the year after that I tried it again and it was still way too subtle. :/
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Like Edy's flavor?

Edys_SC_BestofStates_vermontmaplesyrup.png

OMG will definitely buy instead of halo top pancakes and waffles. So much more cost effective!! hopefully it has that same mapley taste I crave.

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    n4diyomsspmk.jpg

-Taco Bell is introducing a "Strawberry Poppin’ Candy Freeze" --- a strawberry-flavored frozen slush mixed with popping candy.

-Cinnabon is introducing Cookie Butter-topped buns :open_mouth:

Macros unknown... :D:D:D
  • hgycta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    FINALLY found Arctic Zero's Rocky Road! But shucks I've been having the worst experiences recently with ice cream I might have to go on a break from trying all these new flavors and go back to my safe ones. Arctic Zero's rocky road is that stereotypical bland, flavorless ice pint and the almonds just get in the way of the few marshmallows that are literally the only thing I look forward to in the pint (and even they're not that great). As I was finishing the pint I was sort of appreciating the darker chocolate aspect and was imagining it as sorbet, but once I finished I realized what actually happened: I reduced my expectations dramatically. 1/5, don't waste $5 or 300 calories on this. How can their Peanut Butter Swirl pints be SO GOOD like peanut butter fudge and polish water ice had a baby and this one be SO BAD like someone tried making ice cream out snow that's been on the ground for a week?
    ru5t1fxgcn3w.jpg