Options
    Wolfger wrote: »
    Anybody here ever hear of polyamory? :lol:

Who's poly? Is she pretty? Married? Married & looking.... :D
  • astral_baby
    astral_baby Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    Not looking for any attention or I would of posted with my boobs out and what not mainly just looking for friends to keep up the motivation!

You and me both brother if I had boobs I'd put them on display like a for sale sign

oh me too. I'd wear one of those necklaces that hangs in the cleavage.

::sigh::
  • astral_baby
    astral_baby Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Marco?

Janet!

Brad!

ROCKY!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I didn't call them pathetic I called this thread pathetic. I called the actions done pathetic. Doesn't mean they're pathetic people or anything. I just see the actions as wrong.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    But thank you much for the kind wishes!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    @Cutaway_Collar me personally I wouldn't and I don't know anyone that would be okay with it. But I assume some marriages out there are open.
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    In open marriages I have known, one is always jealous because of the lack of action. Only one is more successful in getting laid. It always ends badly.

As to people here who may be telling others that their spouses are okay with it are just lying ;)

Exactly! But if they aren't lying and their spouse is okay with it, they better start analyzing their marriage. Because if two people truly love each other, flirting with someone else wouldn't even appeal to them.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    @Cutaway_Collar me personally I wouldn't and I don't know anyone that would be okay with it. But I assume some marriages out there are open.

People that are truly in open marriages don't tell their friends and family that they their marriage is open. So you wouldn't know.
    Go to a swing club on a Saturday night, you won't find parking ( not that swinging is having an open relationship)
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Corprina wrote: »
    In open marriages I have known, one is always jealous because of the lack of action. Only one is more successful in getting laid. It always ends badly.

As to people here who may be telling others that their spouses are okay with it are just lying ;)

Exactly! But if they aren't lying and their spouse is okay with it, they better start analyzing their marriage. Because if two people truly love each other, flirting with someone else wouldn't even appeal to them.

Love and flirting are not the same thing. Even love and sex are not the same thing.

Of course they aren't. Who the hell said they were? Flirting is showing off, having some fun, getting noticed and you don't have deep emotional feelings for the person - like, maybe, love, NO. And sex, oh, yeah, carnal desires, biological release, a simple pleasure - yeah exactly - it's not the same as love and doesn't require love. Marriage requires love, communication, commitment, loyalty to each other, trust and honesty. You don't have that or can't give that, and you would rather flirt and have uncomplicated sex without love, don't get married!
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think it boils down to ego. People who get upset about their SO flirting are subconsciously worried about the bruising their ego might take. My wife is touchy about it to a degree but she knows I'm "flirty." I don't set out to do it but apparently I flirt. I couldn't care less if guys look at her or she is flirty with someone else by chance. I can't and wouldn't want to control her in any way so I don't worry about the "what ifs."
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »
    I think it boils down to ego. People who get upset about their SO flirting are subconsciously worried about the bruising their ego might take. My wife is touchy about it to a degree but she knows I'm "flirty." I don't set out to do it but apparently I flirt. I couldn't care less if guys look at her or she is flirty with someone else by chance. I can't and wouldn't want to control her in any way so I don't worry about the "what ifs."

I think it has to do with self confidence.
    Either my husband flirts or not, has nothing to do with who I am, or who much he loves me.
    Most people are not okay with it because they look at it as a threat. It's not. If some person your spouse barely knows is a threat to your relationship, then you got bigger problems.
This discussion has been closed.