WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tere in RVA: I've always been horse crazy and never owned one. Horse ownership is outside my budget and living circumstances. We live in a townhouse with a lovely view and no accommodations for a large animal. Lessons are a perfect compromise for me. Lately I've been riding a friend's horse for her. That would be Arrow, and I mention him from time to time. His owner has a sick husband and a lot of responsibilities so we're doing one another a favor when I ride Arrow. He gets exercise that she can't give him, and I get horse time. If this situation changes, I'd consider a partial lease somewhere. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I'm happy that you're going to talk to your doctor about bone density. I wore yoga pants and a t-shirt for my test--no zippers or buttons. I'm waiting for my current test results. I'm hoping to find no losses. I take a medication for bone density, Alondrate 70 MG. This is a time-release version and I only have to take it once a week. I didn't want to put up with daily doses. You have to take it first thing, before even brushing your teeth, and you can't have anything else for at least 30 minutes while you sit upright. The regular version requires this regimen daily. I tried it and didn't like it. :noway: I can handle once a week. :wink:

Michele: I'm sure you've had your doctor appointment by now. I hope it went well and you got some positive results and any needed treatment. (((hugs)))

Yoga today was a delight. One of my fellow students is a Veterinary Technician and let me know that my riding instructor will be working in her vet's clinic a couple of days a week. This is my teacher's final year of training and working in an active practice is an important part of the program. My teacher is not going to be teaching for the foreseeable future because she is busy completing her own training so I'm on my own for now.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Do u ever get on the scale and u don’t believe it? I’m not changing my weight thing yet until I am consistently on that #

I have a rule that I must weigh the same amount three times in a row before I post it. I might weight every day but it's more likely every third or fourth day that I get around to weighing. So if I wait for three consecutive measures then I'm not disappointed when the next day I pop back up. Which is much too common for my liking.

I get my car back tomorrow. Very happy about that. A girl turned left into me two weeks ago and crunched my car. She claimed it was my fault but she got the ticket.... um, left turns always yield girlie. It's always sad when your car gets crunched, even a minor one like mine was (if you call $4500 damage minor, but the car shop said it was minor and a quick fix... new door, straighten a few sheet metal pieces, paint etc). Takes the "new" off of a vehicle, even if I've had it three years! lol

Still helping flood victims here in Houston. I think it's going to be a long long fall/winter/spring for some folks. Predictably the price of sheet rock is rather high right now.

Marcelyn
    Back in humid Houston and missing the desert I left yesterday
    (although not the bloody nose I always get in such dry climate)

• sisterdisco66
    sisterdisco66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The boys are doing well. Getting settled into thier new home and schools. They lost so much. Not only my Mom, but we had to rehome thier dogs and birds. We will give them a goid life, but everything right now is still so raw. Hopefully time will heal.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Patrice- I'm glad that you are here. I communicated with your mom on here and messaging back and forth. I really enjoyed having her as a friend.

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Patrice: Welcome!!! Stop by often for companionship and support. I agree with Allie. I miss your mom and having you here is a gift. :flowerforyou:
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Patrice ~ You are so welcome to be here! :)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    welcome Patrice <3
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Just stopping in to say welcome to Patrice. We all knew and loved your mother and her spirit.
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Welcome Patrice <3
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Count me as part of the welcoming committee Patrice!

Uris in MA
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Well DH will have surgery on Thursday. Supposedly the doctor said he has a small hernia that may or may not be the problem with his extended stomach.....that he may have to see another stomach doctor. So I'm feeling a little shaky about it. I know DH is an Agent Orange Vet and they have had various stomach ailments. I am staying cool, call, collected, and supportive.

DJ: I am glad you didn't let anyone chase you away. I would have really missed you!

Tere in RVA.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Katla- fantastic news :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I got my bone density results. My lumbar spine has improved! I was hoping to hold my own, and I am very happy with this outcome. :heart: :star::heart:

Katla,
    that is just awesome!!! Good job!!! B) Doing the happy dance for you!!

Lanette
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Welcome Patrice! So happy you decided to join us here! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State