TEAM-BLUE-lose-10lbs-in-August

Replies

• BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    So I work at a day care chasing 3 and 4 year olds. I rarely get time to sit down and am constantly picking up toys. I work a 4 hours shift. I put that in as 2 hours of light cleaning.... I don't know how else to add that or to find out how many calories working burns.Does this sound okay or do you have any advice?
  • Azeier
    Azeier Posts: 7
    Go blue!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Ok, so I did the math wrong originally.

If I am starting my week on Friday 7/29, ending Thurs 8/4, that means that last week (Fri 7/22-Thurs 7/28) I burned 1010+ 554+580+1238 = 3382 calories...if I add another 3500 to that (extra 500 per day), I would have to burn 6682 this week (7/29-8/4)...that's still INSANE. I thought the math would be 9000 total, which I would never make in a gazillion years, but even 6682 is A LOT for one week.

I think 3500 total for a week is good :) lol
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Go Blue team!! I got in over 600 calories today! I just got polar heart monitor so I used it a lot today lol
  • ASF68
    ASF68 Posts: 44 Member
    Go blue team!!
  • Mondays are usually my 'rest' days, but I burned 387 cals with a long power walk instead. Go BLUE!
  • fitgirl35
    fitgirl35 Posts: 4 Member
    Pushed myself a little harder than I planned during my run - Total burned today = 659!!!

It felt great!! Thanks for motivating me to get off my butt and start exercising again!!! Go Blue!!!
  • This is so exciting! What a great team we got going here!

I'm struggling already though with this 500 a day challenge. I started P90 on 7/26 and today was my first day off. I have no idea how many calories I actually burn either. LOTS of good sweating going on. I've ordered Polar FT4, but it won't be here til next week....

What to do? Any ideas?

Is P90 circuit training? Like in 30DS?
    Power 90 is the one before P90X... sculpting then cardio/abs for 6 days, then a day off. I just have no way (yet) to know how many calories I'm actually burning.
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    bump............GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Great work so far everyone!
    First 2 days and 1001 calories burned!!!!
    2499 calories more to go!
    Go Team Blue!
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Go Team Blue!!!!! I just found this today so now I know how many cals to burn and wow I hope I can do that! I did 30DS for the 1st time last nite and that was 215 cals I think so now today I'm doing that and something more. Wish me luck and pray for me blue team!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Nothing for Aug 1. But did 30DS for the first time. OMG it was easy to follow. Although I don't know how much I burned. I forgot my HRM. so I really don't know what I burned. I put 260 but I will adjust it tomorrow when I do it again. I want to start C25K too but that will have to be started maybe tonight. Till Then

GO BLUE!!!!!
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Go Blue! I've got a wedding to go to Sept 3, motivation for a new dress!
  • allym42
    allym42 Posts: 9
    I've found the other team's spreadsheets. Can anyone direct me to the link to ours?

Thanks!
  • Go Team Blue......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whooo Hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so ready for the challenge.......
  • I completed Day 2 of both Level 1 of 30DS and C25K!!! 640-ish calories burned!!!
  • I've found the other team's spreadsheets. Can anyone direct me to the link to ours?

Thanks!

Our team captain is on a cruise. She will have the spreadsheet available when she is back, I am sure.
  • ok wonderful.
  • Hey Guys,

I'm at spinning tomorrow morning and then gonna do boxercise in the PM. I dont get to do it everyday with childcare, so hoping I can burn closer to 1000 per sesh to it my 3000 goal - do u think this will be OK.

Let's go Team Blue!!! Yeehaw !xxx
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    GOOOOOOOOO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just found this thread, was starting to feel like we were left out lol
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Woooo go tema blue feel free to add me!!! :)
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    yay TEAM BLUE! this is totally keeping me motivated.. i burned a little over 500 calories yesterday but i can't wait for zumba tonight and 30 day shred!!

how's everyone doing with their 500 calories/day???
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    800 today, :) and those were tracked not mfp estimates
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Burned 502 doing my ea active and working on the least of my water!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member

One thing I am struggling with is meal ideas, getting bored of eating the same food :( Bleugh! Any help wud be appreciated!?!?!? x x x x

I am trying to eat as many fruits and veggies as possible. I am either doing them baked, sauteed, or raw.
    With a simple meat.

try baking or grilling a lot of meats and then put them up in the freezer in the quantity you need.
    Like marinade a bag of boneless, skinless chicken tenderloin or breasts. bake or grill them. You can make: quesodillas, salad, hot sandwiches, omlettes, pizza, soup, fried rice, thia food.
    When heating it up again you can added spices.
    Hope this helps
  • claragilman
    claragilman Posts: 7 Member
    I just joined. :) Can I jump in?
  • I just joined about a week ago and have decided to do my first challenge.

Go Team Blue!!

Our hard work pays off :)
  • Okay! I FINALLY found the Blue Team Thread!!!! Woo hoo!!! I'm running behind, but I just got done with my lunch time work out! Hoping I burned a nice 400 calories! Hoping for a good number on Friday! Let's do this!!!!!!!!!
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    I just joined. :) Can I jump in?

i think you can, here's the original link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/300914-lose-10lbs-in-august-challenge

and just friend Tiffypooh2u -- A-H -- Team Blue and send her an message, she will probably reply to you by next week.
  • Carmiel
    Carmiel Posts: 19 Member
    I was getting worried that I was missing out on the challenge while our team leader was away! Thanks for posting this! :D
This discussion has been closed.