TEAM-BLUE-lose-10lbs-in-August

Options

Replies

• allym42
    allym42 Posts: 9
    Options
    Then the problem is getting my butt out of bed....but it would be nice to be done at the end of the day. I am going to try this tomorrow morning. Will need to set the timer on the coffee maker tonight to motivate myself!
    Gah- not doing well with the 500cals/day challenge. My energy levels are just drained by time I get off work and then have dinner. Anyone have a similar problem (or better yet a solution)?

i feel the same in the evening so i go to the gym at 6am every morning before work. best way to start the day and i know when i get home i can sit on my butt lol
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Then the problem is getting my butt out of bed....but it would be nice to be done at the end of the day. I am going to try this tomorrow morning. Will need to set the timer on the coffee maker tonight to motivate myself!
    Gah- not doing well with the 500cals/day challenge. My energy levels are just drained by time I get off work and then have dinner. Anyone have a similar problem (or better yet a solution)?

i feel the same in the evening so i go to the gym at 6am every morning before work. best way to start the day and i know when i get home i can sit on my butt lol

lol @ timer on coffee maker :laugh: go for it, bet you feel great all day :smokin:
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My calorie burn for the week so far:

Monday: 907
    Tuesday: 1019
    Wednesday: Rest (I really needed it)
    Thursday (so far): 226, but should burn another 300ish running this evening.

Am feeling great from the exercise but I'm up 1.5lb from Friday's weigh in! :cry:

maybe your muscles are retaining water? or... maybe you're not eating enough calories? you'll see a change soon enough :)... you're doing AWESOME!!!
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    700 calories burned today!! Wow I am gonna sleep tonight!
  • Deev79
    Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I opened a fortune cookie today and here's what my fortune said:

"No obstacles will stand in the way of your success this month."

hmmmmm....
  • GypsyRose25
    Options
    I opened a fortune cookie today and here's what my fortune said:

"No obstacles will stand in the way of your success this month."

hmmmmm....

lol
  • GypsyRose25
    Options
    Okay Team Blue! I have had 2 rest days in a row. I should make it to over 3000 calories burned for the week, but I don't know if I will make it for the 3500.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I burned 513 calories Monday 129 oz of water
    I burned 609 Tuesday. 116 oz of water
    I burned 647 Wednesday 128 oz of water
    I burned 716 calories and drank 94 oz of water on Thursday
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    My calorie burn for the week so far:

Monday: 907
    Tuesday: 1019
    Wednesday: Rest (I really needed it)
    Thursday (so far): 226, but should burn another 300ish running this evening.

Am feeling great from the exercise but I'm up 1.5lb from Friday's weigh in! :cry:

maybe your muscles are retaining water? or... maybe you're not eating enough calories? you'll see a change soon enough :)... you're doing AWESOME!!!

Thanks! I'm very relieved to say that as of this morning I am 0.8lb lighter then last weigh in. Which I'll gladly take. Phew!
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Go Team Blue! Good luck on to all on the weigh in this morning. We've worked hard this week, and it is going to show!

I lost 3 pounds this week!:drinker: 7 more pounds to go. I CAN do this!

8/1: Starting weight 216
    8/5: Current weight 213

Calories burned from 8/1-8/5: 2037
    With 3 days left in the week, I WILL be making the goal of 3500 for the week!
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm up on my starting weight so not pleased with that but hopefully now I've started running again I will get back on track.

SW - 159.8
    CW - 162 - 5th August

Do we send this via message to tiffypooh as well.
  • eneale
    eneale Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just sent Tiffy a friend request, but you guys can add me. I will be participating! I know we have to burn 500 calories a day, is there anything else that I need to do or have to know? IM LATE! LOL
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    No change in weight for me so far :sad:

starting weight 01/08/11 117lb

today 05/08/11 117lb and ive been so bloody good too :angry:

Calories burned in 5 days 2488, will make this 3500 by sunday.

Well done everyone whos posted so far, keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    8/1 weight 134.4 lbs
    8/5 weight 133.1
    1.3 lbs down
    Calories burned 8/1-8/4 2604
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    SW: 197.2
    Aug 5: 195.8

I didn't know what the challenge was. I must have been skipping that page trying to find it.
    Is it the same and we are going to add something.
    I don't keep up with my water. I have a cup that is 2 1/2 cup and I fill it sometimes 6 times a day. SO Drink plenty of water.
    I have reached the point where if I forget to bring water somewhere I have to buy it or I feel crazed. :sick:
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    Only lost .8 pounds this week but I'm going to blame it on all the weight training I've been doing this week and the fact that it's my TOM. I have a ton of activities planned this weekend that should help burn alot of calories i.e. hiking and installing seat back at the UofA stadium. (up and down stairs all day carring stacks of chairs) Next week will be better. Keep up the good work ladies! Go Team Blue!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    (I posted this on the main page too)

Today is 1st official weigh-in....

My starting weight was 209 (as of Fri 7/29), and today it is 207.4 (loss of 1.6 lbs)...not bad, but I was hoping for more. I will still take it! :D

And for this weeks "extra 500 cal burned/day challenge", well..............

I took my average burned for the 3 weeks prior to the challenge (2982 cal), and if I add 3500 cal extra for the week, I would have had to burn 6482 calories this week to make that challenge.

For 7/29-8/4, I burned 4019 calories (which is still 1037 calories over my average, but not near the extra 3500). So I was 2463 calories short of completing the challenge.
  • crawford16_2012
    Options
    bump
  • ddoolittle
    Options
    Looks like I'm 2lbs down from my starting weight!

SW: 134
    CW: 132
    3174 Cal burn 8/1-8/5 (are we measuring this M-Sun or Sat-Thurs since we weigh in on Fri?)

Even though I had a 'splurge' night with my husband for our anniversary, I still feel pretty good about this week. I usually get long work outs in on the weekends, so will definitely get more cals burned by Sunday.

Looks like Team Blue is going strong, eating under their daily calories, and working out like crazy! Keep up the good work everyone!

I'd love to kick 2.5lbs next week so bring on the BURN!!!
  • crawford16_2012
    Options
    starter was 140 today's weigh in is 139.8