Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning:
    My father is coming over to do some errands he can't do in his home town today. I've gotta run out and work on cleaning the car after this post because he always gets...kinda judgmental if I let it get too dirty. Sigh. Boyfriend is prooooobably too sick to join us, unfortunately; I was kind of hoping we could break the news today...oh well.

Last night I ran the 5K distance on the treadmill in 30 minutes exactly. I'll probably be able to do even better when it's the real thing, on a real outdoor course, and I don't have the anxiety of "I'm going to be injured if I don't keep up with the belt". So, apparently, goal met a week ahead of time!

Other than that, not a lot going on. Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - thank you so much! You were my very first order...I got 2 yesterday! I really appreciate the order!

Hope your toe isn't too sore for pedi... injured toes can really be a pain (literally and figuratively..hehe)

Hope your weekend is going great!
    Thank you again
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options

Mango - is it likely that boyfriend will always be too sick to join you? Just asking from my experience.
    Consider telling your father on your own. It seems you know he will not be pleased.
    If you talk to him--just the two of you, you will both have a chance to speak freely. Something to consider.

I've been married twice, and both lasted a long, long time, but did not end well. Do you HAVE to get married? It is really, really hard, messy, and expensive to get divorced.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I hope you got or will get more rest today. How is your weather out there? Better or still hot?

Lana
  • baileysmama29
    baileysmama29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm a past WWer too. I just found the group. Mind if I join the party?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lana - couple small naps together then Vet office rang- going now to pick up dog. No big surprises and not a large bill- will also buy her some hypo allergic treats - see if she will eat them.

Weather is true Fall temps which is very appreciated. :)

Then its kitchen cooking time.....

Will be back later
  • arniedog74
    Options
    baileysmama29- Welcome! Feel free to post here any time... everyone here is incredibly supportive and encouraging...
  • explodingmango
    Options
    Lana - Boyfriend has good and bad days with his illness. He usually isn't too sick to join us - just, last night he ended up having an insomnia attack and as a result, when he tried to wake up this morning, his stomach just went "nope, eff you, we're not doing this." That...happens sometimes. He's doing better now that he took a nap and slept it off, but sadly, my father has already gone home.

My father isn't going to disapprove, is the thing...I just want to be able to present things so he's more pleased than neutral. That's why I was aiming for Thanksgiving - I want to be able to show off how much better the apartment looks since the ex-roommate moved out and the boyfriend moved in; I want to show him how nicely we've worked out our arrangements and how good we've gotten at handling big things (like, say, planning a family holiday dinner)...I just generally want to show him that there's something to look forward to here. He likes my boyfriend well enough...I just want this to be a positive thing for the whole family.

We definitely do want to go through with getting married though - considering nearly half the country still wants to deny us the right, there's a small aspect of spite to it, but it's also because...well, due to that whole debate we are intimately familiar with the benefits that are at stake and they're pretty important to us (especially things like hospital visitation - with his illness? The idea of not being legally family if he has another flare like the one he had shortly before we met is terrifying to both of us). Plus...we're not naive enough to completely count out the possibility of divorce (I'm pretty sure that if we were, it would shoot the probability up to 99%), but we have sat down and taken a good hard look at things like common causes of divorce and we have exactly 0 of the warning signs. The closest thing we have is that there's a high divorce rate for people with illnesses like his...but it's because the healthier partner usually goes into it thinking, on some level, that they'll be able to magically cure it with the power of love because that's what Hollywood says happens. We've...had basically the opposite experience; I went into this nervous because I knew he might only get worse, I might not be able to take care of him on my own, I might have to find a way to pull enough money out of my butt to pay for in-home care services and I would have hated myself if that ruined not just our relationship but our friendship - instead, we've built up his strength to where he can function fairly normally a lot of the time, he's stopped needing several of his medications, we've discovered that causal link between stress and flares and are learning ways to work around it, and all kinds of other improvements that seem to be doable. We don't know when we'll hit the limit of how much better things can be, or if another bad flare will happen and we'll have to go back to square one, but...we're both aware of and ready (or at least, as ready as one can be) for that.

...tl;dr: we've thought it over...a lot. We definitely want to do this.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    sweet potatoes and enchiladas in oven (pulled large flour tortillas out of freezer by mistake so tore in half and made 6 little ones) pot of rice on stove -- 3 meals this week

Dog got new allergy meds and an allergy shot which should last 4-6 weeks - all these new names of meds...... she is doing well. Oil to put on her dog food. I bought new treats as well.

Will stop by before lights out again.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weigh in - up .4 not terribly surprised, had more chocolate than normal last week. Will make sure to walk more this week.

Dog up and fed, hid her new pill in one of her treats. They were inhaled quickly. Such victories us pet owners have!! She is doing much better and that is a relief.

Watching on Acorn TV online a season - 6 episodes of a show called "theatreland" - Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's production of "Waiting for Godot" in London and you learn how theaters work back stage - thinking of Lana as I watch. It is well done and may be too close for comfort for Lana .....

Oatmeal on stove. Dinner in casserole dish waiting to be heated. Having meals waiting is such a luxury.

I purchased 2 books - a crock pot cook book from Cooking Light and a book based on the FB page "atlas of beauty" so I am looking forward to both.

Chatty me - wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning everybody!

Here I sit with the coffee and you guys.....It's a big day "work" wise for me: following up on having a huge tree removed from the property here in NC.

Sara - I'll have to look into the program you are talking about. I don't have television down here. The "Waiting for Godot" you speak of was at the Cort Theater several seasons ago. ...If they are talking about the New York production. If it is the one from Britain, their professional theater works quite differently than ours. Now I am really curious. I worked with Patrick Stewart when he did David Mamet's "A Life in the Theatre" with T. R. Knight a while ago. Very nice man in person.

Mango - So glad to read what you posted. In your case, then Yes! Congratulations on getting married. I hope that all goes very well for you with family, holidays, and planning and having the wedding. Big, big hugs!!

Hello to Dawn!

Welcome to Baileysmama - Everyone is welcome here!

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

244.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • explodingmango
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Well, today is...a very off day. I'm not going to school today because I'm so tense that I'm dizzy and nauseous and feeling my hair on the back of my neck hurts.

Fun fact: we're planning the wedding in Vegas.

Fun fact #2: we were planning on touring the likely venue this weekend, but communication was slow and my father came over so we had to reschedule.

...yeah. We may have narrowly avoided disaster just by "bad" luck.

This on top of the fact that I was already feeling discouraged after having gotten dressed up last night...I always think I don't really have that much left to lose, until I put on the corset I have and I find myself spilling over the top no matter how loosely I lace it, and I always have mixed feelings about that - because on the one hand, it makes me realize that my frame is much smaller than I'd always been led to believe and there is a good possibility I'll one day be able to fit into most of the clothes I want, but...on the other hand, god, I have so far left to go. Sometimes I feel like nothing has really changed since I was at my highest weight.

My challenge for today is going to be trying to channel this stress into something productive instead of just eating everything in the house.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Waves to all & Hope everyone had a great weekend

Welcome Baileysmama

I'm dragging so much today, not a lot of sleep last night, not sure why. I just tossed and turned all night. My 5:15am alarm went of for the gym and I just could not get myself out of bed. Then I proceeded to lay in bed wide awake for about 2 more hours. I just should went to the gym.

I will be walking today after work, so at the very least I will be getting some activity today. I was ver inactive this weekend, I had some continuing education courses I had to take Saturday ( 6 hours), dinner for my parents 44th anniversary Saturday night. Sunday was errands, meal prep and dealing with my daughters hair ( unbraiding, washing, rebraiding)

Mango, thankfully avoided that horrific incident.

My brother and his partner are getting married in California around Christmas, so I have goals

I'm not going to put ans extreme amount of pressure around the scale. But I'd be happy with losing 2 dress sizes by December 22 ( 12 weeks) .

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Spent most of day doing insurance claims for one patient who passed away and was too young, so I was not paying attention to the news. Lady who walked with me at break told me about the violence in Las Vegas. I will focus on the healing send good thoughts to those connected and wonder why that had to be that man's answer to his problems.

Dog is doing well and that is encouraging.

Not ignoring yesterdays posts, just need to get day going. Wave to all who follow.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    :):)

Happy even though I did not win my diet bet, it was set to have me lose 9 lbs in a month. I didn't lose that but I did lose 6.9 lbs in a month. And Im happy....I only joined the diet, to support my cousin.

Sara- Im glad your dog is doing well and responding well to meds .

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Going to the library with my daughter this evening, I need to find a new book to read. I finished my book last night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - not sure if you got an email... but, I got one saying yer order has been shipped
    :)
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dani - Awesome! Sounds like you won to me :)

Lana - waves! Hope you got tree situation taken care of
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Good evening

Dawn - by the time I get home I dont look at emails..... so I have/had no idea. Thank you for the update and look forward to them.

oatmeal for dinner, just dont really care about what I eat - so long as I do.

Tomorrow is day off hair/nails.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Knew my shoes were not going to make another year, so just bought 2 pairs of clark's online that I can wear to work. I will ask about the 2nd pair but I cant imagine a problem..... comfort is key and cheap shoes are usually not worth it.

Now to find slacks as I also know they will not last the year...... :s
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I understand... you are welcome... hope your goodies come soon... have a great night....