40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    czvanut wrote: »
    So one huge problem with depression is that it will sneak up and suck all your energy and confidence away. I've been in that slump for a couple months now.

But I'm slowly getting back into activities and healthy eating, and I hope to be a little better and stronger than I was before.

can I ask what are you doing about it? I know when I was very depressed, I changed some habits of mine, cut down on the drinking, upped my Vit D intake, ate healthier and constant reminder od when I am depressed, that things could be a lot worse, and to just make it to the next day as this feeling will go away.
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Welcome to the new kids...

Ran the Hartford Half marathon yesterday with 4074 of my closest friends. My finishing time of 1:55:29 (8:49 pace) was a PR for me by over 4 minutes. Happy about that. It was a warm and humid day, so my wife and I spent some time "rehydrating" and socializing with friends after the race. Capped off the day with too much pizza for dinner.

cdzxex4hxzpr.jpg

That’s so amazing ! I wish I was a better, or at least more consistent runner. Maybe someday. I physically more suited to be a strength athlete, cardio is super hard for me. I admire anyone who can run!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good day kids, after hanging out with some extended family on Saturday, I took hot pilates and afterwards, completed another leg day with the weights. Once again I admire all of you that run. I signed up for a color run next month just to do something different and have paint thrown all over me. That should be fun. DJProuxl you earned that pizza ten times over. Thanks for sharing the incredible photo. Welcome newbies. Enjoy the rest of your day.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Gamma: The Pyramid"=Done!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    the weekend was ... well, the weekend. I didn't log but was fine on Saturday (I hope) as I had a very light lunch and very little of the heavy food that was served. Also, we hiked a few hours uphill to the restaurant so I guess I should be ok. Sunday was less great so gym tonight and hope for the best. I need to fit into a dress on Friday for a work event and every cm lost will help :D:s:D
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My weekend was crazy busy...probably ok on food, didn't log diligently...didn't have much in the way of formal exercise, but I did spend Friday night on my feet working the outdoor concession stand at the football game and all day Sunday building a deck...so very active despite the lack of formal workouts.
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good this weekend. Went slightly over calories Sat but was under yesterday. Allowed more carbs on the weekend but was still mindful of my choices. I stocked up at the grocery store and brought everything to work so I am prepared with snacks and meals for the week.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Congrats to djproulx and quikdogs on the PRs. Reading this stuff keeps this old guy going to the gym and hiking.

Went to an airshow this weekend with the family. Lots of walking, too much standing on the concrete. Ate some tasty fried food at the concession stands. Now back to my regularly scheduled salad already in progress. HAHA!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Gamma: Speed 3.0"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hey kids hope all is well. Quikdogs, I forgot to congratulate you. You rock. Last night was killer legs and I see why she calls it that. I still love Hot Pilates. I do not see boredom with that class for some time to come. Have a great day kids.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I lifted today. And the WhOoSh fairy visited. I really needed that....now I feel like I am on-track for my wanted ten lb loss.

BOoM!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am around, but have been on the road so much I barely have time to do much else. I did put in about 20,000 steps a day while in TO though. If it wasn't for the darn wine, I'd have done fabulously! :p
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Gamma: Rip’T Up"=Done!
  • nealwalk
    nealwalk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love Body For Life! Been using it off and on for past 15 years. Currently doing Bill’s 5/25 Transformation routine which is similar but the workouts take about half the time and are more intense in my opinion. I eat pretty the Eating For Lifestyle and use myfitnesspal to record macros. Every time I’ve stuck with Bill Phillips’s programs I’ve lost fat and gained muscle no problem. This time around I started at 213.2 lbs on May 8, 2017 and I’m currently 184.2 lbs as of October 19, 2017. It works! Love it!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Gamma: Extreme Circuit"=Done!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Good Morning cool kids. Got a nice run in yesterday. First one in a while. I have a 10k race at the end of the month and I have not been training as I have been on the road so damn much this this past month.

Marathon of salsa making last night. Holy hot stuff! It's delish. :)

Weighed myself this morning and am down again! :) probably why I am running better. :p
    My clothes are fitting much looser which is a great feeling.

Wishing you all a great day!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Morning kids, full body lifting and TRX done. I had way too much energy this morning.
  • mariaki57
    mariaki57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

42 here. I started exercising and focusing on a healthy diet after my son was born. After six months, I made great progress. Now I'm four years into my journey and I'm gradually putting weight back on. I realize some of it is due to weight training, but there's definitely some packing going on around my stomach. Not in a good way. :o

I'm hoping that a diet lower in carbs and higher in proteins will get me back in gear...and with more energy! Glad to be here with you all!

Maria
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Today is a rest day for me, thank god. Coach is programming lots of volume at 80+% max. We are in a strength building phase. Our next meet is mid January. So, two months of strength work then peak for the meet.

Last night was front squats, 3 sets of 6 at 50kg, then RDLs 3 sets of 10 at 70kg. Also, I tried out lifting straps for the first time. I think I like them...maybe.

I'm exhausted. lol I've GAINED three pounds this week -- my poor thighs and, well, butt are so sore, I'm sure that it's inflammation and water retention. Other than being kept awake last night with muscle pain, I feel great. I know I'm getting stronger! That's honestly all I care about.

I'm the ONLY lifter who's made it every day. And I do the full program. I'm also the oldest by at least 20 years, actually I'm older than some of them by 40 years. Yes, it's fair to say that I'm fully committed.

I'm going to have to find a new pair of jeans soon though. My current ones are so loose in the waist and rear, I need a belt to hold them up. But they're so tight in the thighs. Gainz!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Morning kids, full body lifting and TRX done. I had way too much energy this morning.

You ARE Amazing!