Zombie survival club

Options

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    NEED a set of these! http://www.suncooking.com.au/index.php?p=1_8#sunrocket

Would come in so handy after Z-day.

Why, are zombies scared of coffee? If so I have completely conclusive evidence that I am NOT a zombie!

A quick, fireless, method of boiling water will always be handy. I've heard of no zombie/coffee link. Sorry.
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    NEED a set of these! http://www.suncooking.com.au/index.php?p=1_8#sunrocket

Would come in so handy after Z-day.

Why, are zombies scared of coffee? If so I have completely conclusive evidence that I am NOT a zombie!

A quick, fireless, method of boiling water will always be handy. I've heard of no zombie/coffee link. Sorry.
    Those are a great idea! Wonder if their super-portable solar oven is any good...
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread, so glad I stumbled across it!!! :love: I love, love, love zombie movies & shows! I'm definitely working on my cardio to outrun those dead *kitten*! I really need to work on my upper arm strength, or I'll be useless in killing them.

I actually went through the entire thread and now have a list of new books to read including World War Zombie!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread, so glad I stumbled across it!!! :love: I love, love, love zombie movies & shows! I'm definitely working on my cardio to outrun those dead *kitten*! I really need to work on my upper arm strength, or I'll be useless in killing them.

I actually went through the entire thread and now have a list of new books to read including World War Zombie!

Me too! However...when they are filming The Walking Dead...it makes getting around Atlanta a pain in the *kitten*, lol.
    Oh...and World War Z is a great book!!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Those are a great idea! Wonder if their super-portable solar oven is any good...

These are very easy to make. I remember making one in junior high. Google home made solar oven or something similar and I'm sure you'll find plenty of instructions on how to make one. Essentially you just need a box with the inside covered in aluminum foil.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Practice run? Or a cunning zombie trap?

http://runforyourlives.com/
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Practice run? Or a cunning zombie trap?

http://runforyourlives.com/

Ugh, creepy! I say trap! All the way. I don't think I could do that, or at least not until I'm in a lot better shape.
  • mnerfariousl
    mnerfariousl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i have found my people...it thought i was the only one that "trains for the zombie invasion". My friends think im crazy but i guess you have to be a zombie fan to comprehend the madness...Cardio Cardio Cardio! lol
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Oh... posted this everywhere but here! *rolls eyes at self*

World War Z, December 21, 2012.
    http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/zombies-for-christmas-world-war-z-gets-a-release-date
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    On Monday I go to see the local gym and get a membership there, finally after a 1.5 month break from strength training... I miss it soo much!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Was really ill last week with temperature / weird dreams and hallucination.

Recovered. Not feeling like Zombie any more.

Probability of being a zombie: 1/10 (well, there is always a chance)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/zombies-for-christmas-world-war-z-gets-a-release-date

Call me crazy...but I did not want that made into a movie. While I like Pitt...ugh...this is going to suck.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Maybe I shouldn't be trying to shift my jelly-belly; maybe i should be keeping it as apocolypse reserves for when food is scarce!!

My 2 fave Zombie tales:

Shaun of the Dead- must re-watch v soon
    Pride & Prejudice & Zombies- genius idea, and proof that you can kick *kitten* and still be a lady. Also- martial arts seem to help. Can't wait for the movie.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Maybe I shouldn't be trying to shift my jelly-belly; maybe i should be keeping it as apocolypse reserves for when food is scarce!!

Your reserves don't do you much good if you can't run away from the zombies.
  • akashastrega
    Options
    I am new to MFP (one week anniversary, yay me).

My goal is not to just be able to outrun any zombie...even track star zombies, but to be fit enough that I can easily carry my weapons, leap fences, and kick zombie butt without breaking a sweat.

I have my zombie survival strategy in place, including where to tuck in until the worst of the outbreak subsides. I have plans for a zombie squashing vehicle...based on my husband's farts...silent but oh-so-deadly., I even have my weapons ready. What I don't have is the lean, mean zombie butt-kicking body that I had in my 20s. I was a sexy beast back then...very healthy, fit, and strong. Then my 30s came...and I won't go into that decade, I'd prefer to forget most of it...and now at 40 I need to be fit again so I can make sure that my twins won't have to put a bullet in my brain because I was too slow to outrun even the most disabled zombie.

I came across this thread when a link was posted in my intro thread, and thought that this is indeed where I need to be.
  • akashastrega
    Options

Call me crazy...but I did not want that made into a movie. While I like Pitt...ugh...this is going to suck.

I feel the SAME way!! Say it ain't so!!

(okay, maybe I wouldn't mind so much if Joss Whedon directed it...)

But...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    Awesome Thread! Excited To Have Found it!:smile:
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I do have to say that while I don't believe a zombie would have the muscle coordination to run (very fast) I have considered a zombie apocalypse as sufficient motivation to get in shape. Fat kids are always the first to get eaten.
  • ewong02
    ewong02 Posts: 22
    Options
    Yes! Fellow zombie contingency planners? :) I follow zombieland rules. Rule 1: cardio! You're dead if you can't outrun hungry dead things that never get tired. It's been my motivation to get better at running (my most hated exercise).