Weight loss woo keeps getting worse.

Options

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    makes me wonder if they actually believe their own information. Like, My aunt its very clear shes fooling herself with her "nutritional science" -remember her wendys meal?-

Where im pretty sure not- Especially where she has me telling her how i lost my weight and having her argue with me im wrong- I think its not that she believes in any of it, Just finds comfort in the excuses. If i eat all of the macros ill lose because its healthier- If i dont lose because this drink, Its the drinks fault not the sheer amount of calories i eat daily.

Just a side effect of people not being as ready to change as they think
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, my thoughts exactly when I look at Pinterest!! I always roll my eyes to the ones where you 'lose 20lbs in 2 weeks' etc.. so much woo out there and people who don't know any better will be taken in.

and one especially comes to mind from Pinterest: rub vaseline on your breasts ladies to see them get bigger in a matter of weeks...YEAH RIGHT! wonder what I can do to make mine get smaller, maybe if I heat the vaseline and then apply it, maybe that would work :smiley::smiley:

If you do find a way to use Vaseline to make them smaller, contact me. :)

I think someone did a post yesterday about inventions. I'd like a non-surgical, non-evasive way to make mine smaller too. I'd pay good money for something that worked...LOL
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Colonoscopy preps do that. No way would I want to do that just because........

Yeah, this.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Colonoscopy preps do that. No way would I want to do that just because........

I was going to say... the drink is called bi-PegLyte LOL
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    My Pinterest for a while kept showing me a "discreet solution to bladder problems" and I cannot figure out why. Other targeted stuff I kinda got but....? It was incessant!
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Y'all....I saw a bottle of "Detox Apple Cider vinegar" that has cinnamon, honey, and lemon in it, with the mother. I'm not sure what infuriated me more...that this existed, or that there was only one left on the shelf. It's also about 3 times as much as a the bottle of regular apple cider vinegar next to it. What a sad waste of money.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    @YepItsKriss I should tell my GI about this at my upper endoscopy (no prep) next week. Luckily I will never ever have to do colon prep again
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Cause you wanted to buy two bottles? :laugh: :tongue: [/quote]

The added cinnamon might make for a good holiday marinade
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    This is a trend I have noticed lately too, but I am not sure if it is because it is more prevalent or I am just paying more attention. The hard part about it for me is I know full well how people can get suckered into it since I have been there myself (I was once a cult of carb member). When you are desperate and grasping at straws it's easy to latch onto anything which you think might work, and even easier to engage in gargantuan feats of cognitive dissonance defending it even when the truth is right there in front of your face. I wasted months of my life barely losing anything believing in a false narrative. I consider myself a relatively intelligent guy, but that did not prevent this from happening. I am far from alone, but this provides no comfort for those wasted months I will never get back.

According to recent CDC data (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db219.pdf) obesity in the US is at a record high, and fad diets which promise the moon and chew people up and spit them out is not helping.

Re: The bolded

We have a serious problem. We haven't figured out how to solve it . . . but we've monetized the heck out of it. It's the American way!

;););)

True. And sadly, once confirmation bias sets in, it just keeps the money machine rolling. All we have to do is take a look at multiple new thread here each day to see the proof. Losing weight/fat is not easy but it is not nearly as complicated and each new scheme makes it seem.