Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    but perhaps using less drastic language such as "offended" would help your cause more.

Doubt it.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I think anything other than using grams in the food diary is silly. I think getting a close to accurate daily accounting of ones food intake in MFP is very hard, and nearly all the diaries I read are off by hundreds of calories.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Obviously cake culture has destroyed any objective definition of sports. All arguments are irrelevant.

FTW!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    mfpchris wrote: »
    I think anything other than using grams in the food diary is silly. I think getting a close to accurate daily accounting of ones food intake in MFP is very hard, and nearly all the diaries I read are off by hundreds of calories.

I mostly agree with the grams unless it's liquids.

I think getting accurate on MFP is in direct correlation to how much work/effort you are willing to put in...aka adding your own entries from USDA.

and yes most are off a lot...mine is lately but when I was actively losing it was not....it was as close as I could get it.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    mfpchris wrote: »

I mostly agree with the grams unless it's liquids.

I think getting accurate on MFP is in direct correlation to how much work/effort you are willing to put in...aka adding your own entries from USDA.

and yes most are off a lot...mine is lately but when I was actively losing it was not....it was as close as I could get it.

this. I've been able to increase my target calories by 500 per day, without slowing my weight loss at all, just by cracking down on my entries.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Obviously cake culture has destroyed any objective definition of sports. All arguments are irrelevant.

Is competitive work-cake eating a sport, a competition, a game, or a culture?

competitive so sport obviously...but since it's work cake sport culture?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    KiskaVedma wrote: »
    You don't have to be thin or "fit" to be healthy.

But it sure helps, i.e. BMI in normal range or close to it.
This discussion has been closed.