More than 100 lbs loss in 8 months & 4 days...

Options

Replies

• ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. What an inspiration! I just join myfitnesspal, its my 3rd day. It's been 11 years since I've paid attention to my body. I've been working out 3 days a week for a couple weeks now and I'm working on watching what I eat and how I eat. I definitely feel better and it's getting easier to make good food choices every day. It truly is a lifestyle change. I mentioned to my husband last night that my goal weight loss is 50 pounds. He mentioned that I would have loose skin if I lost that much weight. So now that is on my mind...can I ask if you encounter this and what your suggestions are about how to eliminate this issue?

Joining MFP is one of the best things I ever did and I welcome you to the site! You sound like you are committed and well on your way to improving your health. You will succeed because you already recognize this is a lifestyle change and not just a temporary change. Yes, you may have some loose skin. I have some, but nothing like I had imagined I would. I also have had 3 children that weighed 10 lbs at birth. I still have the mama pouch and I doubt that ever goes anywhere. I KNOW for a fact that the loose skin is less than it would've been because I added strength training and started taking classes offered at my Gym with a personal trainer (no extra cost, he is part of the monthly membership fee). If you are fortunate enough to have a Planet Fitness nearby, consider checking them out. I joined the gym on January 11th and took my first class (Abs) on March 31st. However, I did not get consistent with the classes until the end of June. You won't eliminate loose skin. You'll likely have some. They say the faster you lose the more you will have... but I lost 100 lbs in 8 months and 4 days and again, I was surprised I didn't have more than I do. I still take classes on a regular basis and focusing on strength training... so it can/will still improve over time too. Hope this helps you some! I wish you all the best! You can do it!
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    Update... I am still doing well with maintaining. I am setting new goals for myself to keep myself motivated and pushing forward. I am working on extending my planking time for one. I have also started running on the Treadmill which is something I never thought I would do. I had said time and time again that I wouldn't because I have broke my right foot twice and have been told that if I ever break it again, I'll most likely have to get rods & screws put in. So I have pushed through that fear and I am doing it anyway.

Do not let anything stand in the way of your weight loss Goal! I am doing things I NEVER would have done before.
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! What a success story.
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Love your story! Bravo!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Wear very good shoes for that treadmill running for that foot protection!
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    Laurie6578 wrote: »
    Wow you look great! What a success story.
    cbl40 wrote: »
    You are awesome! Love your story! Bravo!

Thank you, both!
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Wear very good shoes for that treadmill running for that foot protection!

I have a new found Nike addiction and so far, so good. :)
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!
  • Its_thetime
    Its_thetime Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, you're gorgeous!!! So inspiring<3
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Congratulations!!
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    I will be 44 at the end of the month, and currently weigh 207. I have been hoping and praying that losing some of these lbs. will relieve my low back pain (DDD, bulging discs, arthritis).

You're giving me hope!!

You look incredible, and I love your hair <3
  • trixiekeller
    trixiekeller Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration- you look fantastic!!!
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    Amazing story!
    Oh my goodness, you're gorgeous!!! So inspiring<3
    Amazing!! Congratulations!!
    Kadoober wrote: »
    I will be 44 at the end of the month, and currently weigh 207. I have been hoping and praying that losing some of these lbs. will relieve my low back pain (DDD, bulging discs, arthritis).

You're giving me hope!!

Thanks for the inspiration- you look fantastic!!!

Thank you all for the compliments! Y'all have got this!!! I know you do!! Don't give up... push, push and push some more!! You are stronger than you even realize.
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    Kadoober wrote: »

You're giving me hope!!

I definitely have noticed a decrease in back pain. I had it horribly. Oh and thank you for the compliment on my hair.

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    What s fabulous transformation! Amazing dedication and truly inspiring results! Well done! <3:)
  • ChelleDee07
    Options
    What s fabulous transformation! Amazing dedication and truly inspiring results! Well done! <3:)

Thank you for that!!

• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats!
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!