Options
18910111214»

Replies

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Mostly positive.
    Some tend to feel free to give their unsolicited opinion about how much or from which body parts(!) I should still loose some. :D
    And then there are those who you can tell see the progress, but don't say anything at all, which is fine by me.

But I do find it a bit uncomfortable sometimes. I rarely post photos of myself on social media, but now when I do, often instead of a thumbs up, I get a :open_mouth:
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    caroannv wrote: »
    I'm 5'1", 46 yrs old, and have gone from the 220's to 135, with about 10 more to go.

Reaction?

Zilch. Zip. Nada. Nothing. Weirdos! :neutral:

But, I don't care. I'm just zooming around in my new body having a blast. And considering getting new friends! Haha :smile:

Love it! Absolutely brilliant! You definitely rock.

Wth?!?! That kinda weight loss deserves wild reactions! If I knew you I'ld glom onto you in the hopes it would rub off on me......lol!!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I still have a ways to go, but I've lost 57 lbs so far and yesterday someone at my doctor's office almost didn't recognize me. She came into the room, talked to my provider, and turned to leave, and then stopped, turned around and said, "wait, this is (my name)! you look terrific!"
  • helenashleypearson
    helenashleypearson Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I’ve reached the initial goal I set myself and now as I’ve learnt more I have new goals like reducing body fat and counting macros etc. Because I’ve reached what I wanted to on the scale I don’t really get any more positive feedback. I get a lot of judgemental looks like they’re concerned I’ve got an eating disorder and ‘you don’t need to watch what you’re eating, you’ll have nothing left’ and borderline offensive comments about my body lol. I just don’t talk about it with these friends anymore. I follow people that keep me motivated and inspired to carry on!
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I've lost 68 lbs since April & haven't had any negative comments yet.

lol probably because I have another 60 lbs to go.

Family and friends have been really positive which always helps.

I did have a work colleague mention how I was melting away - I thought that was sweet of him as he's a good 25 years younger than me.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of people who commend me on my discipline, but then say they could never do it (they totally can)!
    I've had a few people say I must be doing something extreme or a fad diet. They seem annoyed when I tell them it's all just making healthy choices and working out.
    I get very few compliments, aside from family. I find it odd that people don't support or compliment one another on things like weight loss. If I see someone losing weight, gaining muscle or just trying to be healthy I always compliment them on their hard work. Life is better when you're building each up!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

kitkatlp wrote: »
    You decided to lose weight so that does mean you thought you didn't look great either.

Maybe I didn't lose weight because I thought i was unattractive....maybe for medical reasons.
    I have lost 14kg since the begnning of November 2016 (that's 30 pounds), and I have another 14kg til I'm at my ideal goal. So far I have had good comments from people. Not that many have actually told me anything to my face. At work three people have commented positively, but I hated it so much when one of them said "you should stop now, it's enough". No It's not enough because I'm still almost obese! I have a long way left to go.

At home, my partner has been mostly positive but I don't like how he comments that before it was soooo damn terrible and it's much better now... it basically implies he thought i was ugly before. I'm sure I wasn't looking as good but I don't want to think of my past self as a failure or inadequate, just someone who needed improvements and successfully recognized it.

The saddest part about losing weight is that I am finding that people are consistently nicer to me now compared to before. It's a subtle, wordless thing; and they probably don't even notice it themselves. It truly shows how people can't help but judge someone just on their appearance.

I did not do this for appearance. I did this for my health because things were slowly but surely getting out of hand with asthma, mobility, heart palpitations, blood cholesterol etc.

When people ask me how I did it and I explain what I cut out of my diet and that I count calories and I exercise, their face falls. It's like people can't be asked to count calories every day to safeguard their health, then they wonder how they got fat.

I know this is old, but...

This could be a page out of my book. I wish people wouldn't make my journey about their expectations and preferences. I didn't have a problem with the way I looked when I was heavy. Neither did my man. I was heavy when he met me and he called me beautiful every day. Kind of drove me nuts tbh lol but the point is he loved me and never so much as hinted at wanting me to change. Looks were a non-issue.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!