What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Breakfast: egg muffins with mushrooms, bell pepper and tomatoes with a side of fresh fruit
    7iy5fr9hbvp0.jpeg

Lunch: meal prep- roasted chicken, broccoli, tomatoes, red onion, zuchinni on top of brown rice
    a99zxwnprj82.jpeg

Dinner: Homemade chicken and dumplings. Forgot to take a pic.
  • maisiba
    maisiba Posts: 66 Member
    edited October 2017
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Its just radish. Very common around here. Sometimes we can get a hairloom variety as well and they are white, pink, purple, black etc. They look different but taste exactly the same.

Interesting. When we talk about "normal radish" here (which exists in different colors too but mostly white) we usually mean a bigger and longer version. The Radieschen I mentioned not only differentiates in size but is also milder in taste than normal radish which I assume is the reason why it gets its own name. I haven't seen anything as fancy as your hairloom rainbow radishes here though (at least in normal stores). Thanks for the info.

Something with radieschen.... my dinner:

Pork 'Gyros-style' with Tzatziki, roasted savoy cabbage and a small salad with baby spinach, cucumber and radieschen.

ySGGrtu.jpg

• 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    edited November 2017
    [
    Gonna work on a food blog over the winter. Good for you, simple recipes with nutrition breakdowns etc. That is one thing I find many of the blogs missing. Recipe PMd.

[/quote]
    crazyravr,

I so would follow your blog if you share the receipes for your delicious looking meals!!
  • Sinanthiel
    Sinanthiel Posts: 32 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    My low carb, low calorie waffles. Topped with protein frosting, shaved dark chocolate and fruit. Heaven :)
    f46vdicouhgg.jpg

Recipe, please?!?! Those look so good! I'm not low carb, but I like to eat all kinds of foods, and I've been trying to think of creative ways to get more protein in my diet. I was vegetarian for 5 years, but now I eat meat once, or twice a week, so I rely mostly on greens, grains, nuts, legumes, and dairy (eggs, yogurt, and cheese mostly. I'm lactose intolerant, so I have to watch the lactose content, which means I don't drink milk.) -- So, anyway, to say the least I have issues fitting protein in my diet, and I rarely can fit more than 45-50 grams in a day. It's a really good day for me if I can manage 55+ grams of protein, and my goal is to get at least 65-70 grams a day. I'd love the recipe for those waffles, and maybe get some additional protein in my diet when I allow myself a treat like that.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member

Mushroom, bell pepper, tomato, bacon, and cheddar cheese omelette with whole grain toast. The peppers and tomatoes were from my garden.

Yay, love it when people grow their own veggies! That's awesome!
  • JL2513

Baked my protein cheesecake.

Your protein cheesecake looks so amazing. I need to get around to doing that someday...
  • Anaryne26
    Anaryne26 Posts: 23 Member
    JL2513 wrote: »

Mushroom, bell pepper, tomato, bacon, and cheddar cheese omelette with whole grain toast. The peppers and tomatoes were from my garden.

Yay, love it when people grow their own veggies! That's awesome!

Thank you! This is the first time in 9 years that I've been able to have a garden. I love growing my own produce. It's a huge form of stress relief for me.

I grew beefsteak and cherry tomatoes, peas, green beans, cucumbers, romaine lettuce, corn, bell peppers, serrano peppers, jalapenos, habaneros, garlic, onions, carrots, radishes, strawberries, and a bunch of herbs.

I've canned 3 different types of pickles, salsa, quarts of tomatoes, and made numerous batches of spaghetti sauce and sloppy joes, as well as enjoying the rest of the garden as it grew over the summer. I still have enough tomatoes, peppers, and onions left to make another batch of salsa this weekend. I just made more stuffed peppers last night.

I'm definitely going to miss my garden over the winter. Hopefully, I'll be able to expand it next spring (garden was only 8'x8'), and be able to grow a few new veggies.
  • littlekibby11
    littlekibby11 Posts: 20 Member
    Stdavis53 wrote: »
    Here are a couple things I have made lately...

Hickory Smoke Grilled Salmon With Citrus Shingles
    98zukn.jpg

Veggie Flatbreads on Flatout flatbreads - 150 calories each
    1zywva1.jpg

Seafood Pho using Shiritaki Noodles, Krab and Shrimp 300 Calories per HUGE bowl
    kewuxh.jpg

So far the Pho has been my absolute favorite thing i've made since starting this lower cal journey.

The seafood pho looks delicious!!!!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    lalee115 wrote: »
    Vegan Chickpea cutlets, mashed cauliflower, broccolic03ouqirksnm.jpg

My Nana has these plates! :D

Oh great....Ive just been aged thanks to corelle.
    Me and Nana!
  • JL2513
    ycovdabxil2g.jpg
    5hp0gqfhem3a.jpg
    8myclqebw1h5.jpg
    zvh2vjrhsqfv.jpg
    aiyc1nyhyj35.jpg
    9bu7udj4b3ta.jpg
  • Gaia85
    Gaia85 Posts: 190 Member
    Steak and baby spinach salad with soft cheese, grilled onions and grape tomatoes in balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing.
    kbfmn2x0p870.jpg
  • JL2513
    b3euqp8r8rw6.jpg
    5revqn9uqltp.jpg
    nzz5dnsz3304.jpg
    os85xcxo7sap.jpg
    kev1lp0k7knb.jpg
    o9x43cr5pzmn.jpg
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    [quote
    os85xcxo7sap.jpg
    kev1lp0k7knb.jpg

[/quote]

Yum to the roasted chestnuts! Must get some today:)

How did you like the seasonal Triscuits?

• JL2513
    vegmebuff wrote: »

Yum to the roasted chestnuts! Must get some today:)

How did you like the seasonal Triscuits?

The Triscuits are good- the ones that are seasoned enough. The seasoning in this box isn't evenly distributed, so some really lack any flavour. Goes well with sliced sweet potato on top! I wish I had the pumpkin spice one right now to compare this to because I'm pretty sure they're the same product...

• maisiba
    maisiba Posts: 66 Member
    Turkey "Farmer"-style (this is what the package said) with sauteed veggies

sQywK8H.jpg