THE Team - Week 1 - 2/6/09

Options

Replies

• chantybear
    Options
    I LOVE sane food brain!!! That's been happening to me too Getfit! Feeels sooo good!:bigsmile:
    Losingit, if I did everything you did today, I'm pretty sure I'd drop dead! But I did have a great wog for about 30 minutes, and I was able to hold the run for a full minute each time - then did 30 minutes on the weights, then some reallllly good stretches. Worked in the yard too, then sanded a wrought iron shelf that I'm gonna repaint for my dining room. My dd and her bf came by to show off his new convertable - they looked so cute in it with the top down. And how strange is this - my rockstar 19 yo son is home at 10:30 on a Saturday night hanging out with his parents?!?!:noway: Just a pretty great day all the way around!:flowerforyou:

Healthymom - way to go on the 5 pounds! Good job!:bigsmile:
    Chantybear, I knew that snow shoeing would be hard on the legs! Glad it was fun though!

Yeah, I will not feel it half as much as my mum, because I do a lot of leg exercises...hah:laugh:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    sw on jan 3 was 277 my weight now is 253 yes cool cool
    so i just wanted to check in i had lost power all weekend just got it back

VERY cool, indeed! Way to go! :drinker: :flowerforyou: Glad you have your power back. :smile:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    I LOVE sane food brain!!! That's been happening to me too Getfit! Feeels sooo good!:bigsmile:
    Losingit, if I did everything you did today, I'm pretty sure I'd drop dead! But I did have a great wog for about 30 minutes, and I was able to hold the run for a full minute each time - then did 30 minutes on the weights, then some reallllly good stretches. Worked in the yard too, then sanded a wrought iron shelf that I'm gonna repaint for my dining room. My dd and her bf came by to show off his new convertable - they looked so cute in it with the top down. And how strange is this - my rockstar 19 yo son is home at 10:30 on a Saturday night hanging out with his parents?!?!:noway: Just a pretty great day all the way around!:flowerforyou:

Healthymom - way to go on the 5 pounds! Good job!:bigsmile:
    Chantybear, I knew that snow shoeing would be hard on the legs! Glad it was fun though!

Yeah, I will not feel it half as much as my mum, because I do a lot of leg exercises...hah:laugh:

Yeah, one of the nice things about being your age is things don't hurt as much and when they do, you can still bounce back faster. You hit 40 and, well....things creak and groan a little more. :laugh:
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    morning :)

How is everyone? Yesterday was apparently my 'cheat' day. BUT I didn't over gorge. DH and I went out to eat and I limited my appitazer and didn't order a drink so that was good.

My girls are sick today from all of the 'fresh air' LOL, so no church for us this morning. They are both snivelly and snotty.

Oh and my 2 year old pooped in the potty today :happy: Mama is happy LOL
  • get_fit2009
    Options

How is everyone? Yesterday was apparently my 'cheat' day. BUT I didn't over gorge. DH and I went out to eat and I limited my appitazer and didn't order a drink so that was good.

My girls are sick today from all of the 'fresh air' LOL, so no church for us this morning. They are both snivelly and snotty.

Only us Moms can understand how that can make a person happy and proud! :laugh: Have a great Sunday, hope your kiddos are feeling better.
  • Kelleighanne
    Options

Only us Moms can understand how that can make a person happy and proud! :laugh: Have a great Sunday, hope your kiddos are feeling better.

And how you want to shout from the rooftops when it actually happens lOL
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm cracking up laughing! Kelleighanne - I sooooo remember that great happiness! We used to form a dance train and celebrate all throught he house singing "Jessi pee-peed in the pott-ee" or "Austin poo-pooed in the pott-ee":laugh: Those were such milestone accomplishments! However, if I think about it, nowadays when my son and his buddies hang out, it's still a pretty big accomplishment for them all to hit the potty! :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: Sorry your girls are under the weather - hope they're all better soon!

Losingit - It's supposed to be pretty here all week ~ in the high 60s low 70s:heart: Yayyy! I love working in the yard - and we are getting ready to put in a small greenhouse for my herbs and some veggies! Yipppeeee. I found the iron self in the shed - I forgot it was even out there (for like 4 yrs!) and it was super rusty - the humidity here eats everything after a while - but I love the rusty patina so I'm refinishing it with a shabby chic look. Fuuuuun!
  • lulubar
    Options
    sw on jan 3 was 277 my weight now is 253 yes cool cool
    so i just wanted to check in i had lost power all weekend just got it back

Seriously girl?!?!?! That's amaaaaaaazing! Good for you!!!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hello and thanks for letting me join this group.. I started 2 weeks ago.. My name is Anita and I am 44.. Married (2nd Go around at that).. I have two children a son who is 26 and my daughter is 24 (we share the same birthday). I have 3 Grandchildren.... I work part time .. I live in Nevada... Hmmm, if you want to know anything else please ask.... My goal is to be fit by my 45th birthday in October.. I hope thats possible. I have a lot of weight to lose...

SW: 220
    CW: 209
    GW: 155
  • chantybear
    Options
    Morning ladies, how are things?
  • chantybear
    Options
    Hello and thanks for letting me join this group.. I started 2 weeks ago.. My name is Anita and I am 44.. Married (2nd Go around at that).. I have two children a son who is 26 and my daughter is 24 (we share the same birthday). I have 3 Grandchildren.... I work part time .. I live in Nevada... Hmmm, if you want to know anything else please ask.... My goal is to be fit by my 45th birthday in October.. I hope thats possible. I have a lot of weight to lose...

SW: 220
    CW: 209
    GW: 155

Welcome Anita, this group is awesome, have fun, and good job on your current weight loss! Just keep going!
  • lulubar
    Options

Chanty - how are those legs today??? You walking okay?
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    I'm cracking up laughing! Kelleighanne - I sooooo remember that great happiness! We used to form a dance train and celebrate all throught he house singing "Jessi pee-peed in the pott-ee" or "Austin poo-pooed in the pott-ee":laugh: Those were such milestone accomplishments! However, if I think about it, nowadays when my son and his buddies hang out, it's still a pretty big accomplishment for them all to hit the potty! :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: Sorry your girls are under the weather - hope they're all better soon!

:laugh: And how proud their little faces are. We do a little 'I pee (poop) in the potty" dance. And since my 3 year old is jealous I have to do it now everytime SHE goes potty too LOL. Oh well, it burns calories right :wink:

Welcome Anita!! :) My second was due on my birthday. I had to be induced two weeks early though for high BP, but I always thought it woudl have been cool if we had the same b'day.
  • lulubar
    Options
    lulu - SW 205/GW 145/CW 197/progress -8 lbs.
    renayeb - SW 257/CW 245 /GW 150 /progress -12 lbs.
    chantybear- SW 148/ CW 142.5/GW 125/ progress -5.5 lbs.
    get_fit2009: SW 175/GW 140/CW 165.5/progress -9.5 lbs.
    Losingit4good: SW 240/GW 175/CW 232/progress -8lbs
    kelleighanne: SW 171/GW 135/ CW 168/ progress -3lbs
    zano: SW 208/GW 165/CW 199/ progress – 9 lbs
    healthymom2009: SW 204/GW 150/CW 199/progress -5lbs
    nitag: SW220/GW155/CW209/progress -11lbs

Just addin' Anita in:wink:

I miss those days Kelleighanne! Relish allllll that joy!:heart::bigsmile:
  • chantybear
    Options

Chanty - how are those legs today??? You walking okay?

Oh yeah I am fine thanks Lulu! Are you having a good weekend so far?
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Kelle- YAY for your little one!! Thats so cool! Seems that all that snively stuff is going around. Hope your little ones feel better and that you dont catch it.

Lulu- Well, its not as sunny here today as it was yesterday but at least its not raining. Im so sore from tennis yesterday.. LOL Im not sure I'll get out there and work in the yard today or not. I feel like I already did a full day of yardwork and I just woke up.. ha! I need to clean out my shed and organize it better. Its a mess out there. We just put it up last year, and moved a ton of stuff out of the garage so now I need to go organize it better. I keep all of "my" projects and gardening stuff out there. I have 2 large raised planters that I put veggies in every year, then we have a retaining wall that runs the length of our property, so I plant big veggies (pumpkins, zucchini, ect) and have strawberries & blueberries planted behind it also. I would love to have a small greenhouse too just for growing herbs. They are spendy to buy fresh!

Nitag- Its TOTALLY possible for you to lose it by October. You have about as much as me to lose and Im aiming to lose a BIG majority of it by my birthday in August. If i did my math right and dont hit any plateau's I figured out that at 2 pounds a week I should be 5 pounds away from my goal by then. I'll take it!! We can do it!!

chanty- Glad to hear your legs arent falling off! I hear an epsom salt bath calling my name.. LOL
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    ~adamk 7.gif

That is Awesome! I'm sooooo proud of your weight loss! You can do it. Sorry to hear your power was out, that's pretty common here too and not fun in the winter.

~Nitag, that weight loss is very do-able. I lost 47 lbs in 71/2 months last year, including some really counter-productive behavior on my part and one month-long plateau despite all attempts to figure out how to kick-start the weight loss again.

Expect a few plateaus, expect to have some days where you just eat too much, it happens to all of us. Keep on keeping on. And come here!

~~You only fail if you quit~~:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    "Sane food brain"

That is a great one liner, Get_fit. Hope everyone has recovered from yesterday :flowerforyou:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Losingit- They sure do help eh?
  • markay_
    markay_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've been gone forever, I had to go back to work last night (graveyard shift)..and it feels like I missed a lot. Well I'll post my updates on the weight loss chart. Great job everyone on their weight loss, I know it is a big struggle but we are here for support.

So my starting weight is different because my scale was WAYYYY off, so I bought a new one last week. Just so that everyone is aware my highest weight was 410.

lulu - SW 205/GW 145/CW 197/progress -8 lbs.
    renayeb - SW 257/CW 245 /GW 150 /progress -12 lbs.
    chantybear- SW 148/ CW 142.5/GW 125/ progress -5.5 lbs.
    get_fit2009: SW 175/GW 140/CW 165.5/progress -9.5 lbs.
    Losingit4good: SW 240/GW 175/CW 232/progress -8lbs
    kelleighanne: SW 171/GW 135/ CW 168/ progress -3lbs
    zano: SW 208/GW 165/CW 199/ progress – 9 lbs
    healthymom2009: SW 204/GW 150/CW 199/progress -5lbs
    nitag: SW220/GW155/CW209/progress -11lbs
    markay: SW368/GW299/CW364/progress - 4lbs