Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Way to go! 4 pounds is awesome! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've been gone forever, I had to go back to work last night (graveyard shift)..and it feels like I missed a lot. Well I'll post my updates on the weight loss chart. Great job everyone on their weight loss, I know it is a big struggle but we are here for support.

So my starting weight is different because my scale was WAYYYY off, so I bought a new one last week. Just so that everyone is aware my highest weight was 410.

lulu - SW 205/GW 145/CW 197/progress -8 lbs.
    renayeb - SW 257/CW 245 /GW 150 /progress -12 lbs.
    chantybear- SW 148/ CW 142.5/GW 125/ progress -5.5 lbs.
    get_fit2009: SW 175/GW 140/CW 165.5/progress -9.5 lbs.
    Losingit4good: SW 240/GW 175/CW 232/progress -8lbs
    kelleighanne: SW 171/GW 135/ CW 168/ progress -3lbs
    zano: SW 208/GW 165/CW 199/ progress – 9 lbs
    healthymom2009: SW 204/GW 150/CW 199/progress -5lbs
    nitag: SW220/GW155/CW209/progress -11lbs
    markay: SW368/GW299/CW364/progress - 4lbs

Your off to a great start there!! 4lbs is terrific! congrats!
  • markay_
    markay_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, it sucks that I have to go back to work pretty soon. But I will be on tomorrow.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I just had to share this with you guys cuz I made it today and it is THE BOMB! :explode:
    When I first saw the ingredients, I was pretty leary. Im not much for mixing pineapple with meat... especially fish :laugh: I also made my own slaw dressing using reduced fat mayo, apple cider vinegar and some truvia sugar substitute (you could use splenda too). I also used the fresh express angel hair shredded bagged coleslaw instead of grating my own cabbage. Im lazy like that.. LOL
    This is gonna be awesome for a wrap tomorrow for lunch.

Anyway.. heres the link w/ nutritional info....

Tuna w/ coleslaw: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=119899
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Heeyyyy markay GREAT JOB! Keep doing what you're doing - it's working for ya!!:drinker:

Getfit - Love the new pic! Look how pretty you are!

Losingit - mmmmmmmmmmm epson salt bath.... aaaaahhhhhhhh:bigsmile:

Chanty - My weekend has been great! I love that I have been really busy alllll weekend and I'm not exhausted! This whole getting healthy thing is feeling pretty good!:tongue:

I hope everyone has a super week - remember to drink ALL your water - do your exercise - and eat right! I am hoping hoping hoping that this is the week I find a job! Fingers crossed:glasses:
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    Good luck lulu! I hope you find a job soon :)

markay, awesome job on the 4 pounds!!! :smile:

I fixed chicken fajitas that I found on this site tonight and they were SOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Completely awesome. The kids didn't like them, but that's their loss LOL.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I fixed chicken fajitas that I found on this site tonight and they were SOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Completely awesome. The kids didn't like them, but that's their loss LOL.

I LOVE fajitas and my kids dont either so I usually buy a can of vegi refried beans for them to make burritos with while we have the other. I agree... its thier loss..:laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Kelleighanne
    Options

I LOVE fajitas and my kids dont either so I usually buy a can of vegi refried beans for them to make burritos with while we have the other. I agree... its thier loss..:laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Ain't it though. My youngest finally started eating some corn, but my oldest... nope. My oldest is nothing but skin and bones. She does eat, but not if she doens't like it.. she's not like her Mama who will eat it anyway LOL. After we went outside and played she DID come in and eat 2 bananas so I think she got pretty full. She didn't say she was hungry.

I tried to get my youngest to eat a green pepper LOL... you'd think I was trying to make her eat a worm (take that back. she probably would have eaten the worm :laugh: ).
  • adamk0324
    Options
    thank you to everyone whotold me good work, but i have a little problem with it i am doingthe same thing i did last month and i am not loseing weight as quick and i need to for my own self esteem i am not taking pills or anything just eating good and working out but i am not really losing at all HELP anyone please
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

Ain't it though. My youngest finally started eating some corn, but my oldest... nope. My oldest is nothing but skin and bones. She does eat, but not if she doens't like it.. she's not like her Mama who will eat it anyway LOL. After we went outside and played she DID come in and eat 2 bananas so I think she got pretty full. She didn't say she was hungry.

I tried to get my youngest to eat a green pepper LOL... you'd think I was trying to make her eat a worm (take that back. she probably would have eaten the worm :laugh: ).

I know EXACTLY how this is.... My son would throw a fit if we tried to make him eat anything that was Green at that age. Green beans were his worst enemy at age 2! He hated them with a passion and absolutely refused to even try them.. LOL Hes 15 now and about the only thing green he will eat is lettuce, raw broccoli with LOADS of ranch (which also took years to get him to even try) and celery (with peanut butter). I swear the kid has a hollow leg when it comes to food. He can eat more than both my husband and I put together when it comes to anything he :love: Good thing hes got the metabolism for it. He is also taller than me now and I am 6' so he REALLY looks like a string bean.. LOL My girls arent too picky. My oldest likes just about everything but my youngest is still picky about chunky tomatoes, onions and peppers in stuff.. especially spagetti sauce.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    thank you to everyone whotold me good work, but i have a little problem with it i am doingthe same thing i did last month and i am not loseing weight as quick and i need to for my own self esteem i am not taking pills or anything just eating good and working out but i am not really losing at all HELP anyone please

Maybe try switching up your workout routine? Find something you enjoy doing that is maybe a bit more challenging than what your already doing. If you've been doing the same workout for a while, your body may be used to it and ready for something different. Drink alot of water too... aiming for 1/2 of it before you reach the midway point of your day. Also, if your not taking a multivitamin, now would be a great time to start. I regularly take a multivitamin supplement, fish oil and a all natural cinnamon supplement (for sugar metabolism) but dont take any other medication or diet pills. Keep in mind, you had an AMAZING amount of weight loss the first month and that is likely gonna slow down a bit. Dont worry too much about how fast you take it off, what matters is that you are doing it the healthy and safe way! 24 pounds in a month... man.. I only WISH i could do that. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options

Hi, Kelly.

You didn't put the weight on in two or three months, and it won't come off any faster. :ohwell:

Under my weight-loss ticker is a link. Everyone new to weight loss should use that link and read the posts in those threads. There are many reasons we have weight loss plateaus. BUT we WILL have weight loss plateaus. I had one that lasted a month when I was 10 lbs from goal last year. Then I suddenly lost 3.5 pounds in one week.....Some people have luck changing things like exercise and types of exercise, make sure you are doing weight training, check your calories intake carefully.

It is not an exact science and everyone is different. Just keep doing what you are doing. Your body will catch up.:flowerforyou:

But do read those threads, and others in "Links you want to read" thread.....scroll down, because I add on to the thread, and so do other people.

Make sure to read "Your body's thoughts on calories" and "Expectations" in the link below.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. Look at all our peeps. 32 and counting! pic681.gif
    130Lynsee
    adamk0324
    agapita1965
    andersonchristineg
    beahurey
    chantybear
    chenders
    cmriverside
    ethan19blue
    FletcherChic
    get_fit2009
    healthymom2009
    jessangel
    Kelleighanne
    LosingIt4good
    lulubar
    mandersen16
    Mangoaddict
    markay3
    morgolis
    nitag
    prayerfulmom
    renayeb
    smontoya1
    tobell
    Vixen16
    vonzo
    wanning
    will4change
    Wolfena
    zano2008

idea.gifEveryone knows to update their weight every time they do a weigh-in, right? You need to have your height, current weight, and age correct in MFP or you won't be given the optimum calorie-intake recommendation.

Go to your Home page, click "Check-in". This will update your ticker too.

Carry on. :glasses:
    oh, BTW. Since 1/27 (the last time I weighed) - I lost 7 lbs. 5 to go. happydance-2.gif

Unless it is one of those "fooled you, you're gaining it right back next week!"
    Well done everyone!!! I've been working on the weekend :sick: so I have a lot of reading to do to catch up :smile:

I'm feeling somewhat disheartened today :frown: I lost 1.5lbs last week, then put it back on, then lost 2lbs so I'm guessing I lost 2lbs last week which is good. I just get disheartened when I see the numbers yo-yo so much, it makes me question everything I'm doing (I know, I know, it's my own fault for weighing myself too much something I'm trying to work on!) Measured myself today and I've lost 2inches off my waist and 1inch off my hips so I guess things are working.

I don't know what's up with me, I guess I'm in a funk! I've had the cold/flu since last Thursday so haven't worked out since then so I'm feeling mega guilty. Everytime I try I just end up coughing and spluttering everywhere so there just seems no point. I'm going to try to take the kiddos to the park later and walk around it so at least I'm doing something, all be it very low impact.

Ahh booooo Debbie Downer has got nothing on me :sad:

Sorry for all of the negativity ... miscarriage hormones+being ill = grumpy Von! I just need a good slap!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Von- Sorry you havent been feeling well! I have been avoiding my local workout buddy because thier whole family is sick with the hacking crud and I realllly dont want it. I thought yesterday that I was coming down with something, but it was just allergies. I talk to her almost every day on the phone and she sounds just horrible. She called tonight to tell me that she wants to go back tomorrow and put in a light workout to see how she feels. Not sure I really wanna be around her until she knows for sure that they are completely over it. I know that getting sick would just zap me right now.. so I feel for ya both! :flowerforyou: Hopefully you'll feel better soon so you can get back to your exercise. Hope you had fun at the park with the kids!! Low impact is better than no impact at all if you can muster it :happy:
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    Oh.My.Gosh! I got on the scales this morning (yes, I'm a daily person) and I weighed 165! That's 3 lbs less than Sat.!!! I'm so excited this morning lOL
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh.My.Gosh! I got on the scales this morning (yes, I'm a daily person) and I weighed 165! That's 3 lbs less than Sat.!!! I'm so excited this morning lOL
    Kellieghanne - FANTASTIC! Nice job, keep doing what your doing. I sneak a peak at my weight during the week, and its usually up or down. One thing I haven't incorporated in my weight loss plan is exercise. That changes this week, I'm gonna include some running with my daily walks. I've got an annual Physical Fitness Test in April, and the goal is 1.5 mi in less than 15 min, so the plan is walk/run every other day and build up the mileage every week. I usually walk to the track and do a qtr mile jog, I'm gonna try to increase the run by a lap every week or so. Lets hope I don't break or strain anything during the next 9 weeks.
    Everyone on "THE Team"....have a GREAT Monday, Zano
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Yay, Kelleighanne! That makes Monday a whole lot better, eh?

Ok, off I go to 6:00 am spin class. I think I broke my toe last night, we'll see how it feels today. It is purplish-black and swollen. :frown: I am a clutz! I jammed it into the coffee table. The table jumped out in front of me, honest! :laugh: Zano, good for you adding the exercise. You will see results far more quickly with exercise added in. Plus you'll feel a whole lot better!

Ok, all have a good day!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Kellieghanne - FANTASTIC! Nice job, keep doing what your doing. I sneak a peak at my weight during the week, and its usually up or down. One thing I haven't incorporated in my weight loss plan is exercise. That changes this week, I'm gonna include some running with my daily walks. I've got an annual Physical Fitness Test in April, and the goal is 1.5 mi in less than 15 min, so the plan is walk/run every other day and build up the mileage every week. I usually walk to the track and do a qtr mile jog, I'm gonna try to increase the run by a lap every week or so. Lets hope I don't break or strain anything during the next 9 weeks.
    Everyone on "THE Team"....have a GREAT Monday, Zano

Thats great Zano!! Im doing the same with the running and walking (what I call Wogging) but after this weekend, I am definitely gonna stick with the gym instead of the track. My back and knees protested very loudly at me running on the track. I'll see what they do to me this morning at the gym. 1.5 miles in under 15 minutes sounds like a great challenge! Im in!! If anyone would like to try to reach that goal by lets say...by April 5th which is about 9 weeks away.... send me a message via my profile with your current 1.5 mile time (be it walking or running or both) and I'll keep a running list every week of everyones progress until the end of the challenge. Our end goal will be to walk, run or wog 1.5 miles in under 15 minutes. :bigsmile: