fit for october challenge

Options

Replies

• monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Is it too late to join??? I'm off to the USA in October & stopping off in Ireland to visit my family on the way home so your timing is PERFECT!!!

In January I got serious about weight loss when I was 105kg, I'm now 88kg. My aim is to hit my target weight of 77kg by the trip (shopping in the US is so much cheaper so if I need a new wardrobe where better to buy it plus I havent seen some family members or friends in over 3 years...) all of this means I need to lose another 11kg or 24lb. It looks like a mountain but I'll do my best, if I aim for the stars I can still land on the moon right... So can I join pretty pretty please :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

LOL its open for everyone to join anytime they like welcome on board
    whereabouts in the states are you going? i have an adopted daughter in texas and one in new york i keep saying im going to get over there to visit but money and 5 kids here just never quite = a trip to states i have to settle for skype but if i win lotto its my first spend

nelski welcome back missed you i agree weekends need to be longer 2 days just seems unfair compared to the 5 day week unbalanced an all that lol i plan on making some buns or cake in a while less sugar but hubby is fasting and needs a sugar rush he says im hoping he wont notice that in stead of 4oz there will be only 1oz in there chocolate cake experiment just hoep it tastes good
    wishing you luck with the roof a treadmil sounds so much more fantatstic than a roof but if all else fails get jillian to kick you butt again lol
  • mindiejean
    mindiejean Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All...
    So I couldn't handle not exercising any more I went out this Am Fast walked 20 Ran 25... WOW my Sinuses are running now!!

OK so I signed up for my 2 nd 5 k in Oct with My church.. ( anyone in so Maine want to join Msg me)
    Last year I did a 5 k in 40.05 min i would like to cut 10 min off of that...
    SO EXCITED.... I have 2 goals to work towards...!!!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    good morning happy monday

cdpm i didnt get on the wiii its TOM and im prone to migraine one hit yesterday so i walked in my house managed 30minutes before feeling like i was going to throw up and my head fall off so i sat down hoping to do more walking today hoping to manage 1hr walking and some light cleaning combined with painkillers and a prayer for tom to go away please my head cant take anymore

apart from that hubby is fasting so i decided to join him and im making rice dish for fast open time at 9pm involves alot of veggies in veg stock simmered down and mixed with plain basmati rice and plenty of salad i have to food shop holidays might be more relaxing but they aure are boring with no where to go or nothing to do

have a fun day and i will be back to check up on you all during the day be goods

Oh there's nothing worse than working out with headaches, let alone a migraine & stating at a screen as well... ergh! I'll let you off :P I'm hitting the no carbs after 2 thing hard this week. If anyone else wants to trial it too, it could be great motivation!
  • mabrywynn
    mabrywynn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All...
    So I couldn't handle not exercising any more I went out this Am Fast walked 20 Ran 25... WOW my Sinuses are running now!!

OK so I signed up for my 2 nd 5 k in Oct with My church.. ( anyone in so Maine want to join Msg me)

congrats on signing up for your second 5k!! that is great o have good goals. I am running one in two weeks...my time will not be great because I will be pushing my 32lb/ea twins in a jogging stroller. My goal is to run more than half of it without falling on my face :) I know you can take 10 minutes off of your time - what a fun goal!

well I hit the gym this morning and it was brutal to say the least. I ran/walke/jogged 8 miles of intervals yesterday so needless to say my body was wondering what the hell I was decided to put it through today. lol - but i can see the definition really starting to pop through so feeling good about that.

I am also starting day 2 of no alcohol, no sugar (except for 2 bits of cookie to make sure they are decent to sell), no carbs after 2pm....so far so good - i look forward to how i am going to feel towards the end of the week if i keep this up
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    evening all

i managed the 1hr walking and cleaning i feel like thats all i do constant pick up after kids sweep there mess and wash pots its annoying in one way im used to once a day spritz clean once a week scrub clean now im spritz cleaning every 2hrs and scrub clean every other day but i am thinking of the calories burned so its all good it will be even better if my head ache would bog off im beginning to feel like i rattle when i walk god help me if theres calories to painkillers lol

hope everyones had a fun active day mabrywynn im sure you wont fall on your face isnt that what buggie sare for the extra support? becareful the babies dont enjoy you going fast too much you may end up running everywhere with them llol

cdpm thanks for the let off i was all geared up for the wii but alas my head said nope hoping it can shift within couple days as i start pill again and finally i will get some decent workout in

mindiejean a second run sounds great and if i lived in states and nearby id be joining you it be a good motivation to keep at the exercise
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    good moring all

im loving this sunshine.
    today i am going food shoping with 5 kids wont that be fun lol so walking involved and cleaning when i come home
    i also need to bake some cakes for people jam and cream filling so glad i dont like them.

hope you all have fun plans for today ill be checking on you all later
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Maybrwynn...8 miles wow, that is great!

I got a few T-Tapp dvd's last week and have given 1 of them a couple tries. I'm not sure this workout is for me, bummer. It's not that I don't think it can be an effective workout, but it's a little boring. There are 2 other workouts that came with it that I'm hoping I like better to make it worth my money, but the basic workout is probably going to my mom.
    I did just purchase Chalene Extreme. I am a fan of Chalene, I love Turbo Jam so I'm going to give this workout a try.
  • mindiejean
    Options
    Good Morning All...

congrats on signing up for your second 5k!! that is great o have good goals. I am running one in two weeks...my time will not be great because I will be pushing my 32lb/ea twins in a jogging stroller. My goal is to run more than half of it without falling on my face :) I know you can take 10 minutes off of your time - what a fun goal!

well I hit the gym this morning and it was brutal to say the least. I ran/walke/jogged 8 miles of intervals yesterday so needless to say my body was wondering what the hell I was decided to put it through today. lol - but i can see the definition really starting to pop through so feeling good about that.

I am also starting day 2 of no alcohol, no sugar (except for 2 bits of cookie to make sure they are decent to sell), no carbs after 2pm....so far so good - i look forward to how i am going to feel towards the end of the week if i keep this up

GOOD LUCK... in Running r 5 k Let us know how you did..... I have been avoiding carbs ( mostly pasta) and funny thing I am not craving them any more I have toast In the Am and thats about it!!! amazing what we Can do When we Work at it

No Run today.. :noway: sinus Headache and Asthma are terrible....
    Have a FAboulus Tuesday!!!
  • mabrywynn
    Options
    i have completed two days of clean eating, no alcohol, no sugar (except for bites) and lots and lots of healthy proteins and veggies...I am starting to feel better and not missing the bad foods as much. last night my hubby and i were in the kitchen cooking up veggies and lean proteins after the twins went down to bed for our snacks and foods during the week. We used to sit around drinking and eating chips - big change huh?

this morning I am cleaning the house/ figuring out my cookie making schedule (more orders - yeah!)/having a playdate and then hitting the pavement this afternoon with the twins for a bit of a run.

good luck today everyone = hope those headaches all go away (they seem to be contagious on this site right now)
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    how was your playdate mabrywynn? i love it when mine get a playdate it give sme a chance for adult conversation and a break from constant cleaning etc and well done on the healthy foods

the headaches yep we all have them i am hoping mine will go in next day or 2 my pill usually eases any migraines etc i get its one reason i take it so fingers crossed couple days and it should be gone and hopefully i wont get it back for a couple months

i did 1hr walking again today mostly round supermarket shopping with the kids surely the tsress of that alone should burn calories lol and then i walked up and down my downstairs for a while i looked daft but it was a change from the usual wii jogging or walking out and about i really need air conditioning tho its been so sticky hot today praying for rain to cool it down alittle the only plus to heat is all my washing is done and dried

mindiejean have you tried sinutab or sudafed for the sinus pain and headache the sinutab are huge sized but work really well sudafed i find help to stop it getting too bad mostly mine is caused by hayfever so a good antihitamine usually helps as well if only my migraines were as easy to manage

hope you all had a fab day and heres to a great day tomorrow too
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Can you add me? 20 lbs. is a lot in 2 months , but ill try my best , is it still open? let me know
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    Can you add me? 20 lbs. is a lot in 2 months , but ill try my best , is it still open? let me know

its still open and of course i can add you 20lbs was when we started but we allhave our own goals targets i just wanted to lose around 20lbs im half way there.
    pick a goal and we will encourage you to get there anything we have people who just want to look sexy in halloween outfits improve on running times lose10-15lbs or even more its up to you how much or how little i just appreciate all the extra people that keep me motivated i cant stop now i need to do this
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I posted that I put on 1lb last week, but its all good because I lost 3lb this week.
    CW 140lb

I am on day 8 of the shred and loving it, 3rd time round and can tell a difference already.
  • mabrywynn
    Options
    -playdate was great...I love to see my girls and all of the kids get together. One of them is having her third in literally 2 days - so she said it was much needed break from her own house. I have no clue why I cleaned before they all showed up though - LOL...house was a wreck - but totally worth it

good job on the walking around and getting the burn in - your foot must be almost completely healed??

I was not able to hit the gym today; however, cleaned house most of the morning and was standing around rolling out dough/baking/moving/taking care of children the rest o fthe day. I think I sat down for maybe 20 minutes. Then hubby and i hit the pavement for a quick 2 miler. No bad food choices again today - yeah!!

good night everybody - talk to you tomorrow!!
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    good morning happy wednesday means we half way to the weekend lol

bjshooter congrats on the 3lb loss i have made a note it definately kicked the 1lb gain out the window im avoiding the scale until TOM has bogged off because he hides gremlins in them that weigh like 5lbs only they dont show until i stand on them so i hid them lol

mabrywynn my foot is almost there i get the odd twinges and last night i stretched it funny and it throbbed so im glad in one way i didnt just go back to jogging on trampoline as soon as it stopped hurting to walk altho i do miss the calorie burn from that walking is pretty much all the walking as im picking up kids mess sweeping up kids mess and general tidying up

today i need to sweep mop vacuum and clean again i love my kids but how on earth do they make so much mess so many times in the day its like groundhog day only on a shorter time scale
  • mindiejean
    Options
    Good morning all have been taking Clariton for a week now...I'll try sudafed.. I am coughing way to much to run.. Going to walk much cooler temps today...I think I'm on the mend!!!
    Treated my self to a pedi last night for doing so good I haven't seen 190 in 3 years!!! I was wearing a XL work shirt ...now a Med !!!! It feels great!!!
    Happy Hump day!!!
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    goodmorning count down to the weekend only 1 more day then 2 days chillax

today i have to shop i need a new set of drawers because the wardrobe is falling to pieces and my daughter wants a princess toy box/seat no idea where she saw it but i bet its going to cost me but it will also equal out to an hr or more walking around im sure it must burn more calories on account of having all the kids with me the stress they create must be a calorie burner?? nope oh well wishful thinking never hurt anyone i suppose

hope you all have a great day mindiejean try the sudafed first if not try sinutab i prefer sudefed a stheres less side effect sinutab leave me feeling sick nauseaus and generally off it until they kick in properly
  • mindiejean
    Options
    Ahhh...I can breath Sudafed worked much better than Clariton. I'm up an Hour early!! Gonna hit the pavement
    Have a awesome Thursday!!
    4 miles this am
    4 miles after supper gonna burn Baby!! ( if I don't puke First )
  • mabrywynn
    Options
    shopping and running...sounds like what I am doing today as well. This morning going to hit the gym early to do some good cardio. Then this afternoon my MIL is watching the twins so I am going to head out and run errands.

I did realy well yesterday - i really wanted to order some bad for me food and drink wine. Instead I put on my shoes and went for a good run and ate an omelet..woohoo!! I feel so much better about myself this morning than if I had done what I really wanted to do. Everytime I want a glass of wine or bad food maybe I will try and hit the pavement for a couple of miles.

good luck today!! I am hoping to see at least some improvement on the scale tomorrow. My body feels tighter already so I at least know inches are being taken off :)
  • aoifebr
    aoifebr Posts: 92
    Options
    Hey everyone

I thought I should check in some of you are doing so well with the training particularly when you have kids to tend too - honestly monkey I don't know how you manage with 5 - fair play.

I had a weight in today I'm down to 86.6kg woohoo now my eating goals say in 5 weeks I'll be 81kg (I know that's an estimate) but WWOOOOOWWWWWW that's almost my end goal & I can't remember the last time I was that size!!

Keep you the good work everyone.