Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not a great day food wise yesterday. Today will be better!

- Log everything I eat (by the end of day - not in the morning!) :/ being honest, I couldn't be bothered to ask my friend for what was in the dinner. I probably could have done something like take a photo of the recipe and log later but I got distracted by the chatting. This tends to happen when I go round for dinner.
    - No snacks except Ryvita :/ didn't have Ryvita as was in a rush but then ended up buying crisps as I was hungry/greedy. I have to learn to put up with being hungry. Maybe a water bottle to satiate hunger will help.
    - One water for every wine :/ Intentions kind of went out of the window on this one
    - Take sensible portions of food :| I did take slightly larger portions than I should have done, but slightly smaller than I wanted to - so some progress?!
    - Be in the green :'( No, given the above
    - 30+ minute lunch break :)
    - Email about survey at lunch :)
    - Be calm, whatever happens :)

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - Choose healthy option for lunch
    - No snacks except Ryvita
    - Email about survey
    - Be calm, whatever happens
    - Leave work by 5.15
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    I went fabric shopping today because I needed a few more colors. I went crazy because I couldn't figure out which fabrics i liked the most!

Yay fabric! So what could be wrong with more fabric? And color! Have you noticed my profile pic? My husband's only comment was "well that's ..... psychedelic". Pfft, he doesn't need to see it for more than about 5 minutes per day :p
    I'm excited to see a picture when it's done! :D

This is a charity one that I just finished---- Very bright and cheerful! It is going to a 24 yr old girl that has MS, no parents, and this little girl is living in a nursing home. I put her name on the front - because everyone tells me things in nursing homes tend to get stolen. So I hope she likes it. But I so agree --- we can never have too much fabric!!

m199rf8ixbr4.jpg

That’s amazing x
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    My oldest son came over yesterday and we went to the Wildlife Sanctuary and took an hour walk through the nature walks and 'zoo' areas and then fed the geese and ducks. It was a gorgeous autumn day and I really enjoyed it.

Hubby and I love the Wildlife Sanctuary! We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful facility and you can't beat the price of free. I'm sending in my birdseed order this week to the Friends of WS, one of their fundraisers. :smiley:
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap Tuesday 11/21 - non-dog walk day...windy out plus I just needed a break, but sad dog :'(
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 13,083 steps, 250+steps 13/14 hours & 28 floors :smiley: Helped that I had grocery shopping and laundry in evening.
    2) During noon webinar, lunch at desk then pace in office (officemate is off this week) = Fitbit 3,640 steps (included in total in #1) :smiley:
    3) Net calories w/i 100 green = Red, not even close!!! :/
    4) After work: grocery shop / laundry (can't wait for new washer & dryer to be delivered next week) = Done / Done but still need to take clothes upstairs & put away :smiley:
    5) Declutter something (use @OConnell5483 trick of just 15 minutes) = A little :wink:
    6) Unwind 9:30 / floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = Done / Done / Nope :neutral:

JFT W 11/22
    1) Walked dog 3.06 miles before work, felt like a chore getting ready in the dark, but glad we went = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Food is (mostly) prelogged for day / stick w/ plan / net calories green
    4) After work: pick up Breadsmith order / choir 6:40 at church for 7:00 service
    5) Floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:30

Not sure when I'll log in again, since tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day (US). Will have 5 1/2 hours round trip in car for dinner with lots of family at sister's. I plan another day off from logging adult beverages & food but will log in to daily weigh in challenge. Plan to walk dog before travels & drink plenty of water.

I am thankful to have all you JFTers as my MFP friends. May you have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving! <3
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It's taken me two days to accomplish what's on this list. Am I slow, lazy, or just distracted?
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Just for today: November 20 and 21
    Log all food :)
    Declutter papers for at least 30 " :/
    Exercise:--15-20"- :)
    Pay bills-not yet--today's project
    Laundry- :)
    Practice: 30"--45"--no
    Clean kitchen :/ -not completely finished
    bedroom :D
    Choir rehearsal :)

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I went fabric shopping today because I needed a few more colors. I went crazy because I couldn't figure out which fabrics i liked the most!

Yay fabric! So what could be wrong with more fabric? And color! Have you noticed my profile pic? My husband's only comment was "well that's ..... psychedelic". Pfft, he doesn't need to see it for more than about 5 minutes per day :p
    I'm excited to see a picture when it's done! :D

This is a charity one that I just finished---- Very bright and cheerful! It is going to a 24 yr old girl that has MS, no parents, and this little girl is living in a nursing home. I put her name on the front - because everyone tells me things in nursing homes tend to get stolen. So I hope she likes it. But I so agree --- we can never have too much fabric!!

m199rf8ixbr4.jpg

@joan6630 I love this quilt! It is just beautiful! I think the pinwheels are my favorite.

Poor Bex is going to be disappointed when she gets the one I'm making because I am a newbie at quilting and it will probably look like a dust rag next to this one! LOL! But it will be made with much love! :wink:

@bcTRAI I agree, nothing wrong with more fabric and color! I love your profile pic. I have been showing my husband pictures of quilts I'd like to make for our bedroom and he calls them "busy"... LOL!

I hope I can learn to quilt as good as you two! I really enjoy it but have not had time to really have a hobby up until recently so I have a lot of catching up to do! :smiley:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @OConnell5483

I will NOT be disappointed!!

I’m gonna start the denim one I’ve been going on about soon!
    And it’s going to look like a 4 year old made it haha
    But it’s gonna be special because it’s something I made :)

I’ve never had someone do such a nice thing for me :smile:
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Satellite group :) nice meeting
    3. Work on quilt :) coming along
    4. Costco :)
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Thursday
    1. MORE water
    2. Quilt
    3. Baking for hubby and work
    4. Laundry
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30

Weigh in today. Down 2.8 Awesome surprise and I'm almost back to pre retreat weight!
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. MORE water :)
    2. Quilt :)
    3. Baking for hubby and work :| missing some key ingredients that I will not drive all the way into town to get so will pass on this one. Plus temptation is less. :)
    4. Laundry :)
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Friday
    1. MORE water
    2. Stop at grocery store for missing ingredients
    3. Drop birthday gifts off on the way to work
    4. Extra shift at work (not looking forward to driving home in the dark, especially if it's pouring rain like it has been lately)
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap W 11/22
    1) Walked dog 3.06 miles before work, felt like a chore getting ready in the dark, but glad we went = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,055 steps, 250+steps 13/14 hours (one hour in church) & 40 floors. :smiley:
    3) Food is (mostly) prelogged for day / stick w/ plan / net calories green = Net calories green & 12c water. :smiley:
    4) After work: pick up Breadsmith order / choir 6:40 at church for 7:00 service = done & done :smiley: :
    5) Floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 = done & don't remember :smile:

Recap Th 11/23 Thanksgiving Day (US) - Had 5 1/2 hours round trip in car for dinner with lots of family at sister's. <3<3<3 Planned day off from logging adult beverages & food.
    1) Log in for daily weigh in challenge = done :smile:
    2) Walk dog before travels = 3 miles & happy dog :smiley: Fitbit 10,102 steps, 250+ steps 5/14 hours (yikes, that was sedentary) & 5 floors. :D
    3) Drink plenty of water = 14c :smiley:

JFT F 11/24 = No Black Friday shopping. Day off work for me, slept in until 9am & felt so good! :smiley:
    1) Walk dog (very mild temps for Nov & windy)
    2) Drink > 10c water
    3) Net calories green
    4) Minor errands & to-do list as planned

That's enough for a day off. Have a great Friday, everyone!
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    For today
    - no snacking
    - Sleeping on time
    - Eating a lot of vegetables
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Been down since Wednesday night with the stomach flu. Had to cancel Thanksgiving dinner with all my kids and grands, so I was pretty sad and disappointed. One of my sons came and picked up all the food from us and they all got together at his house and cooked it themselves. so they still had a Thanksgiving Day, which I was happy about, but still feeling sorry for myself for missing it and still pretty nauseous. :( I'll be back on when I feel better. :cold_sweat:
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    JFT Friday
    2. MORE water :)
    3. Stop at grocery store for missing ingredients :)
    4. Drop birthday gifts off on the way to work :)
    5. Extra shift at work :) Long day
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Saturday
    1. MORE water
    2. Baking for hubby and work
    3. Quilt
    4. Walk/pool
    5. Subway for dinner
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

@OConnell5483 I hope you feel better soon. Not a great way to spend your Thanksgiving but good on you taking care of yourself.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap F 11/24 = No Black Friday shopping. Day off work for me, slept until 9am & felt so good! :smiley:
    1) Walk dog (very mild temps for Nov & windy) = 4 miles & happy dog B) High temp reached 62F woohoo! Since day was so nice, I raked backyard again for final time this year, refilled all birdfeeders & scrubbed / refilled birdbaths...one bath is heated in winter so birds have fresh water. :smiley:
    2) Drink > 10c water = 12c :smiley:
    3) Net calories green = Barely green :smile:
    4) Minor errands & to-do list as planned = Done & done :smiley:

JFT Sat. 11/25 = No idea what hubby wants to do today...maybe a movie? He's still asleep from 2nd shift. Temps back to normal (in the 30s) & very windy, no dog walk planned today.
    1) Drink >10c water
    2) Net calories w/i 100 green
    3) Short to-do list
    4) Floss & retainers / bedtime 10:30 (can't let long weekend screw up my sleep pattern)

@OConnell5483 So sorry you didn't feel well over Thanksgiving. Take care and feel better soon!

@Bex953172 Your day sounds wonderful. Enjoy yourself!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I know it's a couple of days past but as mentioned earlier, I hope everyone spent time with their family and friends :)

My week has been consumed with cooking and hosting :# I don't mind as long as people are greatful but at times people were annoyingly impatience waiting for food. Unfortunately to cook homemade food from scratch takes time. I made homemade: chicken pot pie, chicken enchiladas, apple pies, breakfast tacos, turkey spinach wraps, plus the entire Thanksgiving feast all by myself!! Needless to say, I was happy and tired yesterday when the guests left. I was relieved my husband was happy to have Costco Pizza for dinner :D I took a nap after everyone left bc I was plum exhausted!! We all had a great time playing board games and spending time together. I did not get a chance to leave the kitchen much so I haven't walked the dog or used my elliptical all week :( Time to move on from the holiday week.

Today we are all relaxing a bit but my hubby and I will move forward with our remodeling projects.
    Make grocery list (just for the week)
    Grocery shopping
    Elliptical
    Walk dog ~ 15 min.
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm

I am happy to hear everyone is doing well and enjoyed their holiday :blush:
  • cschmitz110515
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    Age 60
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    November Goal = 163#

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    9/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    9/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/7 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/4 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week (track on Just Give Me 10 Days)
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse :wink:

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I know it's a couple of days past but as mentioned earlier, I hope everyone spent time with their family and friends :)

My week has been consumed with cooking and hosting :# I don't mind as long as people are greatful but at times people were annoyingly impatience waiting for food. Unfortunately to cook homemade food from scratch takes time. I made homemade: chicken pot pie, chicken enchiladas, apple pies, breakfast tacos, turkey spinach wraps, plus the entire Thanksgiving feast all by myself!! Needless to say, I was happy and tired yesterday when the guests left. I was relieved my husband was happy to have Costco Pizza for dinner :D I took a nap after everyone left bc I was plum exhausted!! We all had a great time playing board games and spending time together. I did not get a chance to leave the kitchen much so I haven't walked the dog or used my elliptical all week :( Time to move on from the holiday week.

Today we are all relaxing a bit but my hubby and I will move forward with our remodeling projects.
    Make grocery list (just for the week)
    Grocery shopping
    Elliptical
    Walk dog ~ 15 min.
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm

I am happy to hear everyone is doing well and enjoyed their holiday :blush:

Please come to the UK and cook for me :sweat_smile: