New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just a reminder if anyone missed it, Modern Oats is still having their really awesome sale. Free 6 pack of their oatmeal if you pay $5 which includes shipping just make sure you use the code "TRY6PAK" at checkout. The link is on their Facebook page (http://www.modernoats.com/6for5/) and no limit on how many you can order. So far I've ordered four boxes for myself and one for my parents ;) Just make sure when you add it to your cart you check the amount, for some reason it's been adding two cases so just hit the minus sign to take it back to one and you won't pay more than $5. I have been addicted to these oatmeals for YEARS and this is honestly the best sale I've ever seen on them.
    vi5jzyiclk5b.jpeg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Aww, I like the PBJ flavor. :/

Hey, if there's anything @jofjltncb6 taught me on this thread, it's respecting diversity of opinion... :wink:

(We all have our roles to play.)
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    8qepge3szbpl.jpg
    0qal152qm2df.jpg
    hcv2joreqpgb.jpg

Not that these are all 'new' for me (or you guys) but the almond powder will be a first for me.

See right away I can tell you are from Canada :) I buy and use all of this each and every day :)

You are correct! A great place to be these days :)
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Nugo bars. I only eat them because my aunt gave me a box before she unexpectedly passed away...

whe4hbry8ars.png

LOVE NUGO BARS!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Tempted to try these even though I hate tofu noodles I’m interested how the ones already prepared with sauce taste. Anyone ever tried prepackaged ones like this ?mdm5b1td0lbn.jpeg
    papxtzm6gpi3.jpeg

• lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Tempted to try these even though I hate tofu noodles I’m interested how the ones already prepared with sauce taste. Anyone ever tried prepackaged ones like this ?mdm5b1td0lbn.jpeg
    papxtzm6gpi3.jpeg

I'm intrigued by these. Just ordered the variety pack from Amazon, there's a discount if you subscribe, but they are quite pricey. I'll report back once I get them.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    papxtzm6gpi3.jpeg

I've used the Miracle Noodles a few times--they are very filling and just blend into whatever flavors you're cooking with. It's a pain, though, to rinse them enough to avoid the "fishy" smell, so pre-packaged has a definite advantage if they've done the washing for you. I hope someone reports back!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited November 2017
    Options

lisaepell wrote: »
    papxtzm6gpi3.jpeg

I'm intrigued by these. Just ordered the variety pack from Amazon, there's a discount if you subscribe, but they are quite pricey. I'll report back once I get them.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear how they are. If they are good I'll try them too.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    papxtzm6gpi3.jpeg

I've used the Miracle Noodles a few times--they are very filling and just blend into whatever flavors you're cooking with. It's a pain, though, to rinse them enough to avoid the "fishy" smell, so pre-packaged has a definite advantage if they've done the washing for you. I hope someone reports back!

Exactly. I have to rinse them 3x boil them, pat dry and then COOK them on a pan with spices before I can get them to a good consistency and get rid of the smell. Takes a lot of effort and not worth it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today I finally found some of the new Halo Top flavors!

I bought one Candy Bar, Waffles & Syrup, & Pumpkin Pie. I was kind of ticked that they were out of the one I really wanted to try. Eventually I'll be able to find Cinnamon Roll :'(. I should have bought the Mochi Green Tea & Rainbow Sherbet flavors, but if I didn't like those flavors I didn't want to be out of $3.88. I was hoping that they'd at least have Gingerbread, but still can't locate that flavor. I'll have to try Giant again in a few weeks.

I tried Pumpkin Pie & too be honest I wasn't feeling it. To me it wasn't very flavorful & the crust pieces weren't as awesome as Talenti's. Thank God I was able to find Talenti's version this year after many years of not finding it.

I also bought the new Yoplait Oui (had a $0.30 coupon) Vanilla flavor & found while it was a lot better than most of Yoplait's watery yogurts it still isn't as good as a serving of Greek yogurt with sugar free Jello pudding mix. Seriously if you haven't done this (recipe from flexibledietinglifestyle's Youtube page) you need to! It's like a protein frosting. A coworker actually thought I was eating regular frosting out of a bowl.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Just a reminder if anyone missed it, Modern Oats is still having their really awesome sale. Free 6 pack of their oatmeal if you pay $5 which includes shipping just make sure you use the code "TRY6PAK" at checkout. The link is on their Facebook page (http://www.modernoats.com/6for5/) and no limit on how many you can order. So far I've ordered four boxes for myself and one for my parents ;) Just make sure when you add it to your cart you check the amount, for some reason it's been adding two cases so just hit the minus sign to take it back to one and you won't pay more than $5. I have been addicted to these oatmeals for YEARS and this is honestly the best sale I've ever seen on them.
    vi5jzyiclk5b.jpeg

Interesting, but $5 for 6 packs of oatmeal just seems kinda expensive lol. $18 seems kinda insane.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Today I finally found some of the new Halo Top flavors!

I bought one Candy Bar, Waffles & Syrup, & Pumpkin Pie. I was kind of ticked that they were out of the one I really wanted to try. Eventually I'll be able to find Cinnamon Roll :'(. I should have bought the Mochi Green Tea & Rainbow Sherbet flavors, but if I didn't like those flavors I didn't want to be out of $3.88. I was hoping that they'd at least have Gingerbread, but still can't locate that flavor. I'll have to try Giant again in a few weeks.

I tried Pumpkin Pie & too be honest I wasn't feeling it. To me it wasn't very flavorful & the crust pieces weren't as awesome as Talenti's. Thank God I was able to find Talenti's version this year after many years of not finding it.

You're not missing anything by not finding Cinnamon Roll and I'd suggest not setting your expectations too high on the Waffles & Syrup. Both of these flavors (in my opinion) were very artificial and heavy on the stevia. The Candy Bar was solid, but boring (needed caramel swirl or larger candy chunks). I didn't like the Pumpkin Pie at first but the second time it grew on me, I agree it wasn't the most flavorful or exciting, it needs some kind of sweet swirl to make it less boring. Honestly though, you should return for the Rainbow Sherbet if you had those Flinstones Push Pops as a kid and liked them! The Mochi Green Tea is really good, too, in my opinion but doesn't taste like green tea (I honestly found it more similar to key lime and went crazy over the mochi pieces as they reminded me of mini marshmallows).
    Francl27 wrote: »
    vi5jzyiclk5b.jpeg

Interesting, but $5 for 6 packs of oatmeal just seems kinda expensive lol. $18 seems kinda insane.

Maybe when compared to Quaker, yes, I agree. However, they're really portable and for $0.83 a cup I think it's well worth it, I haven't seen another company sell oatmeal cups like these for less than a dollar each. I'd never pay full price though! I really think you'd like it since you don't like artificial stuff, the ingredients are good. I ordered this a total of six times for myself and two times for my parents (eight total)... I'm surprised they didn't limit it yet XD Normally I don't eat oatmeal too much for breakfast since it's so many carbs to start the day, but these are definitely going to end up in a cute assortment for gifts this holiday or be put to the side for when I'm traveling (I've totally stopped in gas stations to use the hot water for teas and fill up my own oatmeal cups before).
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    vi5jzyiclk5b.jpeg

sure has high sugar contents too...from 12 - 20 grams. Maybe good for a treat- instead of a few oatmeal cookies...
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    vi5jzyiclk5b.jpeg

sure has high sugar contents too...from 12 - 20 grams. Maybe good for a treat- instead of a few oatmeal cookies...

Speaking of dessert-like oatmeal cups, has anyone else ever tried these before?
    Straw.jpg

They're pricey and have tons of sugar, but the PB&J is love in an oat cup. <3
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    vi5jzyiclk5b.jpeg

Straw.jpg

I've just seen this on Amazon...and yes the sugar...the pumpkin one has 34 grams :o
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    vi5jzyiclk5b.jpeg

Straw.jpg

I try to keep my sugar below 120ish grams most of the year, and below 75ish g when cutting, so I could probably make those work.

Wait.

Never mind.

I just remembered that I hate oatmeal (and most every other instant or instant-like cereal).

In unrelated (and far more delicious) news, the Haagen Dazs finder says that their most delicious ice cream flavor in the history of ever...Sea Salt Caramel Truffle...is available in local stores again. Hope I can get there to buy a few dozen pints before they sell out...again.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    vi5jzyiclk5b.jpeg

Straw.jpg

I've just seen this on Amazon...and yes the sugar...the pumpkin one has 34 grams :o

Dunno what the calories are for it but I can't imagine wasting precious calories on oatmeal anyway, lol!
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    vi5jzyiclk5b.jpeg

Straw.jpg

I try to keep my sugar below 120ish grams most of the year, and below 75ish g when cutting, so I could probably make those work.

Wait.

Never mind.

I just remembered that I hate oatmeal (and most every other instant or instant-like cereal).

In unrelated (and far more delicious) news, the Haagen Dazs finder says that their most delicious ice cream flavor in the history of ever...Sea Salt Caramel Truffle...is available in local stores again. Hope I can get there to buy a few dozen pints before they sell out...again.

I keep checking, still nothing.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I tried the Halo Top Pancakes & Waffles.

I definitely agree with all of you that said it's way too sweet! It reminded me of Enlightened's Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch or more or less the caramel swirl in that ice cream.

It seems that I'm almost over the hype of Halo Top, but I still do love the Birthday Cake & will buy that one from time to time once my pints are all gone.

So far the new flavors I have tried have been a bust. I still have the Candy Bar to try.

If I find the new Three Twins low calorie pints I'll give that brand a try.

As far as ranking the brands the worst is obviously Arctic Zero, then Breyers, then Enlightened, then Halo Top.

I find Enlightened is more sickeningly sweet than Halo Top.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    A couple of limited edition and holiday snacks:
    ft3bp6kxd0cg.jpg
    za7s8t6apy15.jpg