New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    46ii6soydl31.png

I need these

How will these taste different from the chocolate pb oreos? I would be interested to see someone do a side by side taste test lol.

Im hoping you really get the Graham cracker crust taste vs regulad oreo

I was on my phone so didnt look at the picture close enough lol but omg yum. I LOVE the graham base. I prefer it to the oreo cookie base.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited December 2017
    8d6b65aff6c74d58decacdea51caedd1.jpg

As good as the one I make for 1/3 the cost. Totally worth the gazillion calories (to be fair, I was full after 380 calories worth, but you have to add the bread too...).
  • Francl27
    hgycta wrote: »
    lisaepell wrote: »
    I did like the thinslim bread. It was a lot more filling than the usual 45 calorie light wheat bread I buy. For the price, I would not buy the bread since it is far more expensive than light bread at the store and isn't nice and soft. Sometimes I am not in the mood for super soft bread though and want something more hearty. This really felt like a 90 calorie piece of bread and was pretty thick. It had a nice nutty taste to it as well. 7/10

thinslim-foods-review-sq.jpg
    71Yb3h128RL._SL1500_.jpg

The brownie was not good. Tasted like walden farms chocolate syrup, yuck. The almond one was okay, but just kind of tasted like a warmed up protein cake in a mug. Nothing I would buy again.

I found the texture of the bread to be a little weird - too sponge-y for me. Of the baked good, I kind of liked the vanilla muffin, but couldn't eat the others. I am holding out hope for the pasta though. I love pasta and I'm hoping this one tastes ok. I am thinking about using it in a tuna casserole or something like that to cut the calories.

I agree, the texture was not like normal bread. I love the soft 45 calorie wheat bread I have and this was more of an ezekiel bread or gluten free bread consistency. I did enjoy it though toasted and felt like I was eating hearty slice for the calories. I wouldn't buy for how much money they are though and with mediocre taste, definitely not worth it.

Same here with the pasta. I've been saving it to try. I am hoping it will be decent because it seems like a pretty huge serving size for the calories. I can't stand any of the tofu/miracle pastas. I haven't had pasta in years because I usually don't find it that great or worth all the calories.

The pasta isn't anything at all like the shirataki miracle pastas! But they're definitely not regular pasta, either. They're not as soft, they're more chewy but also REALLY REALLY REALLY filling. Personally I sort of enjoy them, but you can definitely tell they're not regular noodles. At least they're shelf-stable and don't have a funky smell if nothing else XD

Also, Junk Banter posted more flavors of this yogurt... *drools* I already looked at Shoprite and nothing yet :'c
    54v2ompbrm09.png

I saw those at Shop Rite (not my usual one)... but $1.75 and 280 calories, I figured I'd wait until someone else tries them. They had a couple other flavors too.

Shop Rite is so weird though. That place had those and a new kind of Chobani yogurt (different cup, looks fancier, says 'a hint of x' flavors on it, but there was no price tag so I didn't buy them), but they don't have the whole milk Chobani cups that I got last time at my regular Shop Rite (I'd totally buy those again).

I did look out of curiosity for that Haagen Dazs caramel and the gingerbread HT but no luck.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited December 2017
    Jelaan wrote: »
    Is that a giant aloe vera leaf?! What do you do with that? I'm from Canada and I've NEVER seen that in the produce section...do you eat it? How do you cook it? Why is it in the produce department?!

I am in Canada too and you can buy aloe Vera leaves at our local Longos (which is a produce store - plus some other stuff). I have no idea what to do with it either other than use it on burns. I have had Buddha hands which were quite nice.
    [/quote]

Did you cook, bake, or eat the Buddha hands raw? Is there anything similar you can compare it to? I'm still torn whether or not I should go back and try it xD
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Dang it the chocolate one is just as good if not better than the vanilla... the last thing I needed was another dessert to become hopelessly addicted to .-.
    tdr9925unzxa.jpeg

These look good how big are they like the size of regular cupcake you would make in regular cupcake tin?

I think so haha there’s a comparison of it with my hand if it helps XD
    rfl52v1gq3p1.jpeg
    arvqvwbcz3hy.jpeg

That's huge. For 70 calories, they're either lying or breaking a law of physics...

Well, the nutritional label says 70 calories for approx 2.2 oz which I converted to 62 grams since I like being specific. When I weighed it, it actually came to 84 grams, making it actually closer to 94-95 calories if the label is accurate. Still not a lot of calories for how sweet and real it tastes! I don't eat them often because honestly I don't trust them 100% myself, the company says they were independently tested for accuracy but I would really like to see someone from the FDA test their label's accuracy as I still find it hard to believe...
    Francl27 wrote: »
    lisaepell wrote: »
    I did like the thinslim bread. It was a lot more filling than the usual 45 calorie light wheat bread I buy. For the price, I would not buy the bread since it is far more expensive than light bread at the store and isn't nice and soft. Sometimes I am not in the mood for super soft bread though and want something more hearty. This really felt like a 90 calorie piece of bread and was pretty thick. It had a nice nutty taste to it as well. 7/10

thinslim-foods-review-sq.jpg
    71Yb3h128RL._SL1500_.jpg

The brownie was not good. Tasted like walden farms chocolate syrup, yuck. The almond one was okay, but just kind of tasted like a warmed up protein cake in a mug. Nothing I would buy again.

I found the texture of the bread to be a little weird - too sponge-y for me. Of the baked good, I kind of liked the vanilla muffin, but couldn't eat the others. I am holding out hope for the pasta though. I love pasta and I'm hoping this one tastes ok. I am thinking about using it in a tuna casserole or something like that to cut the calories.

I agree, the texture was not like normal bread. I love the soft 45 calorie wheat bread I have and this was more of an ezekiel bread or gluten free bread consistency. I did enjoy it though toasted and felt like I was eating hearty slice for the calories. I wouldn't buy for how much money they are though and with mediocre taste, definitely not worth it.

Same here with the pasta. I've been saving it to try. I am hoping it will be decent because it seems like a pretty huge serving size for the calories. I can't stand any of the tofu/miracle pastas. I haven't had pasta in years because I usually don't find it that great or worth all the calories.

The pasta isn't anything at all like the shirataki miracle pastas! But they're definitely not regular pasta, either. They're not as soft, they're more chewy but also REALLY REALLY REALLY filling. Personally I sort of enjoy them, but you can definitely tell they're not regular noodles. At least they're shelf-stable and don't have a funky smell if nothing else XD

Also, Junk Banter posted more flavors of this yogurt... *drools* I already looked at Shoprite and nothing yet :'c
    54v2ompbrm09.png

I saw those at Shop Rite (not my usual one)... but $1.75 and 280 calories, I figured I'd wait until someone else tries them. They had a couple other flavors too.

Shop Rite is so weird though. That place had those and a new kind of Chobani yogurt (different cup, looks fancier, says 'a hint of x' flavors on it, but there was no price tag so I didn't buy them), but they don't have the whole milk Chobani cups that I got last time at my regular Shop Rite (I'd totally buy those again).

I did look out of curiosity for that Haagen Dazs caramel and the gingerbread HT but no luck.

That's not a bad price at all for how delicious they look! Not something I would eat every single day but I definitely intend to pick it up the second I see it. I really hope I can find the caramel macchiato flavor!

Also, Brazi Bites (which I've found at Wegmans and like a lot but are too expensive to buy each grocery trip) has a coupon they posted on their Facebook: https://brazibites.com/share-the-love/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Social
    It's similar to those other campaigns where the goal is to forward the email to a friend for the coupon. I usually forward it from my main Yahoo account to my student email account, I can assume most of us probably have more than one email address to cheat the system xD
  • Francl27
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    katadx wrote: »
    h5b54c99pdcn.png

It's a "MaxiClimber" I saw advertised recently. I'm looking to move away from the cheap elliptical which injured me and be injured by something cheaper.

I desperately want my gym to get something like this

You will *never* see equipment like this in a reputable gym. (Or at least I would hope not.)

More likely to see something like this:

2brwdykt1p3o.jpg

Wow. This beast takes up some floor space:

s8va2oqwj8z0.jpg

My gym had those two!
  • hgycta
    edited December 2017
    Well, it officially happened. I opened my freezer to enjoy a pint of delicious Halo Top and after my first bite I noticed something was horribly wrong... I accidentally picked up the dairy free vegan pints -.- I knew it was bound to happen eventually, I seriously wish with a strong passion they would have marked the pints more distinctly >.< I wouldn't wish pea protein upon my worst enemy! Even worse? I paid full price for five of these, and I didn't keep my receipt ugh.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Well, it officially happened. I opened my freezer to enjoy a pint of delicious Halo Top and after my first bite I noticed something was horribly wrong... I accidentally picked up the dairy free vegan pints -.- I knew it was bound to happen eventually, I seriously wish with a strong passion they would have marked the pints more distinctly >.< I wouldn't wish pea protein upon my worst enemy! Even worse? I paid full price for five of these, and I didn't keep my receipt ugh.

Ouch... I'm just waiting for it to happen to me lol
  • byustrongman
    byustrongman Posts: 74 Member
    h5b54c99pdcn.png

It's a "MaxiClimber" I saw advertised recently. I'm looking to move away from the cheap elliptical which injured me and be injured by something cheaper.

You will *never* see equipment like this in a reputable gym. (Or at least I would hope not.)

Why not? Plenty of trainers I know like them. Lots of positives for the versaclimber.
  • hgycta
    Finally tried birthday cake questbars that I bought black friday sales. WOW Loved it! One of the best birthday cake bars I've had. I loved the frosting on the outside. I like how it has no taste of lemon which I hate in many of the birthday cake bars. It tasted exactly like funfetti cupcakes. I think may be one of my top quest bar flavors. (Although I was starving when I ate it,
    so maybe that affected my tastes since all the reviews I've read weren't very good lol)
    I will try again tomorrow and see if I still think they are great.
    fullsizerender_32.jpg?w=451&h=451

I agree these are the the best birthday cake flavored protein bars out there, not artificial, waxy, and they have a great texture. The MusclePharm birthday cake bars tasted like lemon to me so these were definitely a relief to have and not be disappointed with xD
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    h5b54c99pdcn.png

Why not? Plenty of trainers I know like them. Lots of positives for the versaclimber.

You're talking about the Versaclimber. We're not talking about the Versaclimber. I'm a big fan of the Versaclimber. We're talking about the MaxiClimber. The Versaclimber is a well-designed piece of equipment that will provide hundreds of hours of use (for several thousand dollars). The MaxiClimber, however, only makes an excellent clothes rack for hanging laundry (and is available at Walmart or online for about $190.)

So to clarify, you will *never* see a MaxiClimber in a reputable gym.

(I've used a Versaclimber. I know the Versaclimber well. The Versaclimber is a friend of mine. MaxiClimber, you're no Versaclimber.

(RIP Lloyd Bentsen))
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    28sk1xdyoxfr.jpeg

Picked this up last month. Honestly on it’s own, it’s not very good. It tastes nothing like pumpkin spice and just like... Pumpkin. Imagine drinking squash water. Lol

BUT today I brewed it in a cup alongside a bag of English breakfast and added some cream. It’s really good! Gives the tea a nice hint of pumpkin smell and flavor. I also want to try steeping it in some coffee and then adding some cream and pumpkin pie spice.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Wow even the mocha skinny syrup was fantastic! Never had a chocolate SF syrup that I've liked.

Also tried the peanut butter and wasn't very good. Peanut butter coffee isn't the best combo and I wasn't sure what else to use it in. I will try adding to something later on, maybe plain greek yogurt, shake, or that protein angel food cake I've been meaning to make. 71N4514TPVL._SY679_.jpg

So far my TOP favorite is the salted caramel.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Limited-Edition-Mystery-Oreo-Cookies.jpg?resize=510%2C600&ssl=1

Any guesses?

I actually thought this meant a new flavor was coming but then I saw the packages in Target and now I wanna know if they're all the same flavor or will there be various mystery flavors (cuz I'm extra af like that). (I'm also on tumblr too much.) (Don't judge me.)

I just tried a half of one. The only mystery to me is why did I waste calories eating it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I JUST SUFFERED THROUGH THAT PINT AND LITERALLY RIGHT AFTER I FINISHED MY FATHER COMES INSIDE AND GIVES ME THIS. HE FOUND IT AT HARVEST FARE, SOME REALLY SMALL LOCAL STORE THAT DIDNT EVEN SELL HALO TOP WHEN I WAS THERE JUST LAST WEEK. I’ll report back tomorrow o///o By the way, if anyone happens to live in Maryland near Harvest Fare, this coffee is the best coffee hands down
    kdlx5gnxvhwr.jpeg
    w199os7b6v85.jpeg

Yay!

Can't wait to read the review.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I JUST SUFFERED THROUGH THAT PINT AND LITERALLY RIGHT AFTER I FINISHED MY FATHER COMES INSIDE AND GIVES ME THIS. HE FOUND IT AT HARVEST FARE, SOME REALLY SMALL LOCAL STORE THAT DIDNT EVEN SELL HALO TOP WHEN I WAS THERE JUST LAST WEEK. I’ll report back tomorrow o///o By the way, if anyone happens to live in Maryland near Harvest Fare, this coffee is the best coffee hands down
    kdlx5gnxvhwr.jpeg
    w199os7b6v85.jpeg

Yay!

Can't wait to read the review.

I just found it today too! So excited to try tonight.