Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    I get to play the brash gardener who says what everyone's thinking with just about zero filter, which is LOTS of fun!
    Congatulations! That sounds so incredibly freeing. My own personal filter seems to be cranked up to maximum all the time.

SAME HERE. That's part of why I am SO excited about this role. The second play I did in community theater was the musical version of the classic movie A Christmas Story. I was just in the ensemble, but one of the roles I had was one of the grouchy department-store elves. I got to yell at children and tell them "NOBODY GETS TO SEE SANTA UNTIL YOU ALL SHADDUP!"

It was hilarious ^.^
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Just for Tuesday
    1. Stay in the green :)
    2. Ten 8 oz glasses of water :)
    3. Learn at least one new thing at work today. Stay confident. :)
    4. Be kind. Look for ways to perform random acts of kindness. Our world needs more kindness! :)
    5. Bake one Christmas item when I get home. :/ Stopped for St. Nick stuff after work, so got home too late.
    6. Prep for tomorrow, tonight...i.e., pack lunch, make coffee, set out clothes :)
    7. Listen to Optimal Daily Living podcasts :/
    8. Treadmill or Body Groove workout tonight for 30 minutes :/
    9. Unplug by 9:00, write in gratitude journal and read. Try to turn off the lights at 10 pm. :) Went to bed at 8:00 and was sleeping well before 10:00. had to get up an hour earlier today though, so am dragging today. I love this new job, but learning new things every day can be exhausting! :)

Just for Wednesday
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Ten 8oz glasses of water
    3. Learn at least one new thing at work today.
    4. Try to do one task at work today without asking a bunch of questions
    5. Listen to today's podcasts
    6. Activity of some sort. 30 minutes
    7. Unplug and in bed right after Survivor tonight. Feeling really tired for some reason!
    8. Be grateful. Positive attitude.

@clicketykeys Congratulations on getting the part! Love Agatha Christie!
  • sccjahab
    sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    JFT:
    Dec challenge/yes ;) , water/some :( , eliptical/yes :), pop/2
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Posting goals for tomorrow because I keep forgetting things lol!

- Take meds
    - Drink more water (did this today @MLHC1 and felt much better! Sometimes it’s the simplest thing we overlook!!)
    - Pick 3 schools for application form for my girl!
    - Book a scan and transfer hospitals
    - Write down important dates on my calendar.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. MORE water :)
    2. Finish quilt borders :)
    3. Make soup for dinner :)
    4. Brush and floss :)
    5. Bed by 10.30 :)

JFT Thursday
    1. MORE water
    2. Prepare batting
    3. Bread baking
    4. Declutter some of the entry
    5. Brush and Floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    12/6 Wednesday JFT:

✔Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔Breakfast with hubby
    ✔Relax and watch a movie + 20 min. nap
    ✔Prenatal Yoga (since I didn't do it yesterday, I'm going to try and do it today)
    ✔Lunch
    ✔Elliptical
    ✔Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ✔Teen to teen night at church 6-9pm
    ❌Dinner by 7 pm➡️ 8 pm
    ❌Bedtime by 10 pm➡️11 pm

Not too bad of a day! I did 20 min. on the elliptical but I didn't push my self very hard. (At least I did something :blush: ) Consistency is what I'm going for here!

@Bex953172 I'm so happy that is helping out :smiley: Sometimes it is just the small things, lol! Let me know if you get a chance to try out that Prenatal Yoga. You'll be surprised at how much it helps with lower back pain and soreness :wink:

I hope everyone enjoys their evening / day!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    I continue to have a hard time getting back on track. Today was better as I was able to show some restraint around all the goodies at work.
    Goals for tomorrow:
    1. Log all food
    2. Check in on this thread because it does help
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Minimum 5000 steps

I frequently had times like this where I just couldn’t commit at all! But don’t give up, you will get there, I’ve always found that my commitment levels fluctuated! But like you say! Small improvement around the goodies!

My motto used to be “strive for progress, not perfection!”
    12/6 Wednesday JFT:

✔Breakfast with hubby
    ✔Relax and watch a movie + 20 min. nap
    ✔Prenatal Yoga (since I didn't do it yesterday, I'm going to try and do it today)
    ✔Lunch
    ✔Elliptical
    ✔Teen to teen night at church 6-9pm
    ❌Dinner by 7 pm➡️ 8 pm
    ❌Bedtime by 10 pm➡️11 pm

Not too bad of a day! I did 20 min. on the elliptical but I didn't push my self very hard. (At least I did something :blush: ) Consistency is what I'm going for here!

@Bex953172 I'm so happy that is helping out :smiley: Sometimes it is just the small things, lol! Let me know if you get a chance to try out that Prenatal Yoga. You'll be surprised at how much it helps with lower back pain and soreness :wink:

I hope everyone enjoys their evening / day!

Yeah I gonna get it loaded up today I think. My eldest is at nursery and will give me a chance when littlest is napping. Thanks again!
  • mmartin7613
    mmartin7613 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Morning - I'm tired. Keep up the great work gang. It's been a crazy week and thank goodness it's almost over. Sleep in Saturday. :smiley:

JFT
    DRINK YOUR WATER
    8 10 oz water
    Track it
    Watch the fat's - In the red yesterda - No massive amounts of peanut butter.
    30 - 40 min workout
    Remember to be grateful.
    THURSDAY YOGURT!!!

Hope you all have a sweet day. Thank you for your support.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Recap W 12/6 - Unplanned non-dog walk day...when hubby got home from work 12:30 a.m., excited dog barked & woke me up, so I got up and chatted with hubby for while, then had trouble going back to sleep. So hit snooze button instead of dog walk. Sad dog. :#
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 6,998 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 hours & 27 floors. :smiley:
    2) Maybe decorate dept. office this afternoon? Postponed to Friday afternoon. :smile:
    3) Net calories green / lunch at work b/c class at noon followed by short meeting = Net calories w/i 100 green & 14c water. :smiley:
    4) To-do list in evening = Continued progress, such a long list! :smile:
    5) Unwind 9:30 / floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (want to walk dog R before work) = Done / done :smiley: / done :smiley:

JFT R 12/7
    1) Walked dog 3.08 miles before work, had light dusting of powdery snow on ground & bundled up for west wind, saw deer crossing road & deer tracks in city park. Happy me & happy dog. :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Still eating up leftovers / net calories green
    4) After work: choir, shopping & to-do list (at least one thing)
    5) Floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:15

It's almost Friday!!!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    12/7 Thursday JFT:

Regular morning routine for kids
    Breakfast @ cracker barrel w/ hubby :love:
    Run by grocery store on way home
    Prepare Chili in slow cooker
    (it's a chilly kinda day :D )
    Prenatal Yoga
    Lunch
    Elliptical
    Run by Costco (eggs and milk)
    Regular afternoon routine for kids
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options

Just for Wednesday
    1. Stay in the green :/My new job location is really convenient to all the fast food joints around town, so it's killing me right now! I have to make myself pack a lunch and stick to it.
    2. Ten 8oz glasses of water :/
    3. Learn at least one new thing at work today. :) Learned lots but still feeling useless. It'll take some time.
    4. Try to do one task at work today without asking a bunch of questions. :) Did a few!
    5. Listen to today's podcasts :( Couldn't concentrate on work while listening so had to turn off. Maybe I can take a walk at noon today, but I don't have good shoes on for snow, so we'll see.
    6. Activity of some sort. 30 minutes. :/ Stuck at my desk all day.
    7. Unplug and in bed right after Survivor tonight. Feeling really tired for some reason! :) Still stayed up too late reading.
    8. Be grateful. Positive attitude. :) I am extremely grateful and happy!

I cannot believe it is already Thursday! The days are going by so fast this week. I hope everyone is having a great day. It is hard to get on the computer during the day in this new job, so I really need to start getting up a bit earlier so I can hop on and read about your days and sip my coffee. ;)

Just for Thursday:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Drink more water than yesterday
    3. Learn at least one new thing at work today
    4. Complete at least one task given to me for research before leaving work today
    5. Begin studying for Epic NVT certification for Ambulatory
    6. Listen to today's podcasts and take short walks throughout the day to get away from desk
    7. Be grateful. Be mindful. Be kind. Be positive. Be confident.
    8. Get one Christmas thing done tonight...either bake something, write Christmas cards, get decorations out.
    9. Bed early, sleeping by 10:00 and get up 30 minutes earlier tomorrow.

Have a great day! :mrgreen:
  • MLHC1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I just realised as of today I am 28 weeks and officially in the third trimester!!! :scream:

Baby MUST be going through a growth spurt because I am eating like a machine!

I feel like my stomach is a bottomless pit!!

(And I’m drinking plenty @MLHC1 :lol: )

This cough/cold has nearly nearly gone! It’s just hanging in there as long as it can but I’m certainly over the worst and my mood is picking up again as you can probably tell now I’ve started commenting properly again!

☆Happy Third Trimester☆
    It is recommended to increase your calorie intake in your third trimester, so snack on and grow that cutie little one :lol: I'm happy you're keeping up with fluids, that'll help! It's so silly to drink so much when you already run back and forth to the restroom all day, we can both attest for that, Lol!! (But the fluids help.) I'm happy to hear you're doing better. Not much longer now!

I'm still only 19 weeks & 3 days. I get my anatomy scan next week so we will know the gender next Thursday :joy: We're praying for a healthy little one!! I'd love another boy but we would feel blessed with a girl as well.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I just realised as of today I am 28 weeks and officially in the third trimester!!! :scream:

Baby MUST be going through a growth spurt because I am eating like a machine!

I feel like my stomach is a bottomless pit!!

(And I’m drinking plenty @MLHC1 :lol: )

This cough/cold has nearly nearly gone! It’s just hanging in there as long as it can but I’m certainly over the worst and my mood is picking up again as you can probably tell now I’ve started commenting properly again!

☆Happy Third Trimester☆
    It is recommended to increase your calorie intake in your third trimester, so snack on and grow that cutie little one :lol: I'm happy you're keeping up with fluids, that'll help! It's so silly to drink so much when you already run back and forth to the restroom all day, we can both attest for that, Lol!! (But the fluids help.) I'm happy to hear you're doing better. Not much longer now!

I'm still only 19 weeks & 3 days. I get my anatomy scan next week so we will know the gender next Thursday :joy: We're praying for a healthy little one!! I'd love another boy but we would feel blessed with a girl as well.

Yay exciting!!!
    Are you going to tell us all?!

Have you felt kicks yet? :)
    I love talking about babies haha and this is the last time I’ll do it for myself!!
  • MLHC1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    12/7 Thursday JFT:

✔Breakfast @ cracker barrel w/ hubby :love:
    ✔Run by grocery store on way home
    ✔Prepare Chili in slow cooker
    (it's a chilly kinda day :D )
    ✔Prenatal Yoga
    ✔Lunch
    ❌Elliptical
    ✔Run by Costco (eggs and milk)
    ✔Dinner by 7 pm
    ✔Bedtime by 10 pm

I chose not to do the elliptical today bc I was a little sore from yesterday. I still need to ease into both exercises since I took a little hiatus. However, the yoga is definitely helping :blush:

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their week :smile:

@Bex953172 Yes I will share the news with you all :smiley: I'm feeling little movements here and there. I think my body is just use to it so I do not notice as much as I have in past pregnancies, Lol!
  • sccjahab
    sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    Dec challenge/yes, water/some, eliptical/no :( , pop/2
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. MORE water :)
    2. Prepare batting :) actually got Mark's quilt ready to head into the machine! :):) Just waiting for a thread delivery next Wednesday.
    3. Bread baking :)
    4. Declutter some of the entry :| see #2
    5. Brush and Floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Friday
    1. MORE water
    2. phone Mom
    3. Laundry
    4. Declutter some of the entry
    5. Pool and then Subway for dinner
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30