Today I Learned...

Replies

• Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    There’s a pig monument near my town that was erected because some people saved a pig from a well. I bet they were nice people.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,978 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Armadillos can carry leprosy

The Black Plague still exists and it's also in North America.

http://www.businessinsider.com/plague-new-mexico-black-death-fleas-rodents-2017-6

TIL I’m going to die!!! Thanks, cee :|
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    That I didn't have my alarm set for 4 am to work out. Lesson learned. Well played alarm clock.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

Wow can they really that just boggled my mind! Gross!

Up to 95 percent of the population is genetically unsusceptible to contracting leprosy. And these days, it is highly treatable and not nearly as contagious as once believed. As for armadillos—the risk of transmission to humans is low. Only the nine-banded armadillo is known to carry the disease.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2018
    cee134 wrote: »

The Black Plague still exists and it's also in North America.

http://www.businessinsider.com/plague-new-mexico-black-death-fleas-rodents-2017-6

It does, we have it at work (research) - yersinia pestis
    plus this little guy and a few friends are on my desk
    ukhnxgue0hq5.png

• Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Back in the day, when I was stationed out in California, it seemed like every time we went to our main training area, a soldier would come back with the bubonic plague. We would get training on field sanitation and take precautions. It did keep the rate down and no one was ever terminal.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Not so much learn as just reminded I hate Sony video products and their MTS format.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,572 Member
    What a pickle back shot is. A shot of Jameson followed by a shot of pickle juice. I’m told it is amazingly awesome. Sounds disgusting to me.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    orangegato wrote: »
    What a pickle back shot is. A shot of Jameson followed by a shot of pickle juice. I’m told it is amazingly awesome. Sounds disgusting to me.

I tried pickle juice and vodka...gross..AF
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    If you let your sbs sample sit in the pao for more than a few minutes, before titration... It will ruin the sample and you will have to walk all the way back to discharge for a new sample... Which is lame
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Mama June passed up 5000 to do a lap dance for some guy. I’d shake it for a Cadbury egg and some lottery scratchers at my age
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Iscah13 wrote: »
    Mama June passed up 5000 to do a lap dance for some guy. I’d shake it for a Cadbury egg and some lottery scratchers at my age

I bet your inbox is just filling up with eggs and scratchers right now.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    TIL almost 1 in 4 people with tattoos regret it, meaning about 7.5 million Americans.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Did you know that if you keep calling someone by a name they ask you not to call them by it is considered intentionally hurtful? (hint hint, nudge nudge)
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,978 Member
    Did you know that if you keep calling someone by a name they ask you not to call them by it is considered intentionally hurtful? (hint hint, nudge nudge)

Wink, wink?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    empresssue wrote: »

Wink, wink?

exactly
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    edited January 2018
    Wrong thread...
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Yeah, it was the only place I could think to put it
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Not sure if that’s a reply?