lose 200lbs in less then a year ?

Options

Replies

• bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Any one know low calcium foods i have to have very little seeing my calcium levels are 3.9 and it only gose to 5 before having a heart attack.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Not ignoring you, but I know absolutely nothing helpful to you. What did your Dr. say?
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    Not ignoring you, but I know absolutely nothing helpful to you. What did your Dr. say?

Nothing helpfully ugg just to stay way from calcium and I'm put on meds

• corinasue1143
    Options
    I think calcium comes mostly from milk, some from vegetables. I think most of the problem comes from thyroid. We already know that's a problem for you.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »

Nothing helpfully ugg just to stay way from calcium and I'm put on meds

Food sources of calcium include dairy, dark green veggies, fish with the bones, and beans. Also be aware that some antacids are made with calcium carbonate, so find another option if you use that. After you get your parathyroids removed, you might be told to supplement calcium until your body figures out how to regulate it. I had one large gland/tumor removed several years ago, and the tingling sensation in my lips from the drop in calcium during recovery was an interesting sensation. For what it's worth, it was one of my easier surgeries, and I hope yours goes smoothly, as well.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When is your appointment with the dietitian? If doctor didn't give you a calcium target, add that to your list of dietary questions.
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    I think calcium comes mostly from milk, some from vegetables. I think most of the problem comes from thyroid. We already know that's a problem for you.

Ya it is the doc said i have extreme hipper thyroidisum
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    maryannprt wrote: »
    When is your appointment with the dietitian? If doctor didn't give you a calcium target, add that to your list of dietary questions.

I have not heard yet but to see anyone in Newfoundland its usley a year waiting list.
  • bjcrewe
    Options

I have not heard yet but in Newfoundland to see anyone that ant your family doctor its a year to five years waiting list
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

I have not heard yet but in Newfoundland to see anyone that ant your family doctor its a year to five years waiting list

At least we don't have to pay for the crappy service :)
  • bjcrewe
    Options

At least we don't have to pay for the crappy service :)

That's the up side
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    So, have you found the scales yet? Have you been able to eat healthy during the move? Pots and pans all unpacked?
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy during a move ant the easiest but i tried my best

you're doing great! keep going we are all rooting for you, well done on the move

• corinasue1143
    Options
    Sounds like you did great during the move. Scales still moving down. Definitely worth the work it takes. Just stay tough.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Found scale 469. Whoot

That's fantastic - congrats!!!
  • AbbyPort89
    AbbyPort89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's fantastic.