What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Ohhhtayyyy wrote: »
    I need to move somewhere without snow!!!

The whole continent is frozen right now.

95f here wanna come over and warm up ?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I’ve been wondering about this for a few days. Why do we tell people how we feel about them? Do we want to make them feel good? Is it because we want to know if they feel the same way? Do we not feel completely honest unless we tell? Are we trying to influence them to feel similarly? Is it a gesture of vulnerability to demonstrate trust?

Maybe it's a product of the information age. Everyone needs to know everything all the time. That may also compel them to share everything all the time. I feel the biggest difference between now and even 20 years ago is constant, instant information. Even personal.

That’s true. My sister shares every little thing she does on Snapchat stories. I’m constantly threatening to strangle her if she posts videos of my kids because her privacy is set to ‘stalkers welcome’.

What I find even more strange is that some people feel that you owe it to them to tell them how you feel. My mom used to get pretty hurt that my dad didn’t communicate his feelings very easily.
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    tp7521vahi5t.png
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Man, I hate giving performance reviews. I wish I could just give all my rockstars big *kitten* bonuses and raises without worrying about budgets.
  • WorkerDrone83
    Options
    Man, I hate giving performance reviews. I wish I could just give all my rockstars big *kitten* bonuses and raises without worrying about budgets.

Do you call all of your employees rockstars?

You sound like such a dad.

Only when they deserve it. Sometimes they're sluggers or aces.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to wonder if going to Meet Ups are worth losing sleep over. Getting home at 10:30 sucks.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    This cold weather needs to f off!
  • WorkerDrone83
    Options

Do you call all of your employees rockstars?

You sound like such a dad.

Only when they deserve it. Sometimes they're sluggers or aces.

What about champs??

Oh, I forgot about that one. I would never really call anyone any of those to their faces. They're all older and wiser than I am.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I’ve been wondering about this for a few days. Why do we tell people how we feel about them? Do we want to make them feel good? Is it because we want to know if they feel the same way? Do we not feel completely honest unless we tell? Are we trying to influence them to feel similarly? Is it a gesture of vulnerability to demonstrate trust?

One of the main reasons I tell people how I feel (if it's a good feel) is because everyone has internal struggles. If I can add even an ounce of happiness to someone else's day why wouldn't I?
    The reason I tell people how I feel if it's not so good of a feel is because nothing will change if you keep your mouth shut. There are a million examples of this, but silence doesn't bring about change.
    Also, I love you ;)<3

Aww, I love YOU! :)
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Sausages
  • Find_Me_Again
    Find_Me_Again Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    What am I going to do with all of this popcorn now?
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I need a hobby.
  • lancenuovo
    lancenuovo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    what are your choices?
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Iscah13 wrote: »
    I need a hobby.

I need a hubby
  • lancenuovo
    Options

first, as we narrow down the choices, we can eliminate any diet fad..hahahah
  • lancenuovo
    Options
    Some people are crazy

how do we protect ourselves from them? how do I know if i am crazy!?