lose 200lbs in less then a year ?

Options

Replies

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Wow u are doing awesom already asking reahing out for help. I am embarrassed to tell people. But this group is awesome. We are all here to support u. And will travrl through it with u.
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Dog walking is a great way to get exercise and lose the weight, you and your dog can do this together and I am sure the extra walking will do your dog good too :smiley:
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    BJ--Just popping onto the thread to tell you that I've been following your status updates and you are doing great! Keep it up, and keep taking it one day at a time. Slow and steady, and you're going to see great results! Have a great day!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I just popped in to see how the OP was doing. Keep on keeping on :smile:
  • lillyblack1982
    lillyblack1982 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a pool? If so that would be a great way to get some exercise without hurting yourself. Water will take a lot of heat off your back, knees, and wherever else you may hurt. The deeper you submerge yourself the less weight on your joints; submerged to your chest you’ve taken 90% of the weight off. Start with whatever you can tolerate (walk 3 minutes, break, another 3 minutes, break, another 3 minutes) and build slowly.

Probably the most important is going to be to cut your calories, though. Aim for 2 pounds a week. (52 weeks in a year x 2 pounds a week = 104 pounds).
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3<3
  • ClockWorKitten
    ClockWorKitten Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Original poster how is it going?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    I won't be on for the next i dont no how long i will not have access to the internet i will stay on track the best i can with the food that is provided while I'm gone.

Thoughts and prayers with you. Can't wait to hear good news!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I don't think it's possible or healthy to lose 200lb in a year. That's an average of 4lb per week; which is fine at the start (if you can stick to such a restrictive diet), but as you get smaller you will find that that rate of loss causes you to become exhausted and listless, as well as other possible side effects.

I started at 385, and it's taken me 15 months to lose 195 lb. So don't set yourself up to fail from the start! However, you'll be glad to hear that you will notice important differences with much smaller amounts of weight loss; being able to stand for longer, or walk a bit further, which will all help and motivate you to find out what you can do when you reach a healthier weight :) G'luck!

the op has some serious health issues and if I am correct the drs wanted him to lose a lot faster? the bigger you are the more you can lose of course. but when you have severe health issues and the weight needs to come off fast drs will often tell you the sooner it comes off the better.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    qwebster01 wrote: »
    You should consider getting gastric bypass or gastric sleeve surgery. ( no offence )

You should consider not offering useless advice. No offense.

OP, how's it going today?

he said he would be offline for awhile so hopefully he checks in soon
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    BJCrewe, please let us know how things are going for you. So many are rooting for you here.
  • Jasp03
    Jasp03 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm just seeing this thread for the first time and I think what you're doing is great and I wish you the best of luck. Lots of great advice here from a great community!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Bj I hope you're doing ok :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing from my bro again. <3