30 day shred followed by ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• Phoebolaylaylay
    Phoebolaylaylay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    salmarooni wrote: »
    Whats the 30 day shred? How do I go about doing it?

It is a workout programme by Jillian Michaels, you can buy it on Amazon or have a look on Youtube.
  • Phoebolaylaylay
    Phoebolaylaylay Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    I started level 4 of ripped today it was a bit easier than level 3

I have my last workout today, then will have a while before I can use weights again, travelling between family and for work. Anyone have any suggestions of what programme/workout I could do?
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I started level 4 of ripped today it was a bit easier than level 3

Wow! Interesting! Thank you Tammy, it helps to have an idea of what's next. I am about to go to level 3.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Day 3 level 3 of ripped done today. I am not looking forward to level 4 lol

OOh level three is a killer, even the warm up burns. I have done 1 day of level 4 and don't think it was as hard, still a good workout, I moved my weights up to 5kg for some of the moves, left me sore for a few days, I pushed myself to do harder weights because I knew I would take a few days off as away from home. So back to Ripped tonight.

Yes it does burn the legs, that's good to hear about level 4 lol. I am going to buy some heavier weights this week. Good luck with the rest of it.

Good luck to you too, what are you planning to do next?

Thank you I just ordered 6 week 6 pack

Thank you two for your reviews of Ripped. I just started level 2 today. How many days did you do on level 2 before going to level 3?

Let me know how that one is, I have been intrigued, is it a good overall body workout, with more of a focus on abs?

I did 6 days of each Ripped level, but needed some rest days in-between, I moved my weights up so found myself quite achy at times.
    I also stay at hotels a lot so there where times I did not have my weights so would do BFBM - which I think is great.

Thank you for the info. I have been doing every other day, so I use different muscles. That way it gives a rest and a muscle mix up.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    myfitpal13 wrote: »
    day 29 of Shred...tomorrow will be my last day and looking forward to Ripped!!
    Any significant differences, MaryBeth?

Yes, definately getting some tone. I just found your question...I am on ripped now and lost 17 lbs. and I can see my figure coming back. LOL!
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Last day of Ripped week 3, then onto week 4, it is definitely a step up from the 30 Day Shred. I am planning to do Body Revolution next. What are other people's long term goals/plans?

I don't think I have the Body Revolution yet...will have to check it out...I am on the 1st week of Ripped.

You will have to get back to me on Body Revolution. I have all Jillian's workouts, except for that one. I have plenty to go on for now.
  • MaryBethHempel
    edited January 2018
    Options
    salmarooni wrote: »
    Whats the 30 day shred? How do I go about doing it?

Hi, It is Jillian Michael's Workout. You can get it on Amazon, Ebay, and some dollar stores have it. Check out her videos on Youtube as Phoebolaylay has stated! :) She has a bunch of videos that are good and she is tough at times.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Yesterday I mixed it up with 10 Minute Solution-Ab Blast and 10 Minute Solution Boot Camp. Today I did Ripped 2, day 3. I also am feeling much lighter and stronger. I started a cleansing 3 days ago and lost 4 lbs. already. I have lost 17 lbs. since December 1st and on my 19th day free from alcohol. I feel so much better....I am feeling like my old self again.
  • MaryBethHempel
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My charting on my calendar on my computer somehow was not there this morning, so I had to go through all the logs since December 2nd when I started Shred. It was rather interesting to see everyone's responses. I even saw a few that I missed. It was actually enlightening to go back and read all, including my own responses. I charted it all on my day timer and I am going to write my weight, measurements, and alcohol free days. It should be interesting to look back on in a few months. :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    MFP has really helped me be accountable...Thank you all for being there. :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    It is funny. I thought that I could use the same accountability for my music...guitar, harmonica, and keyboard/piano. So I looked up MyGuitarPal. LOL! Nope, not what I was looking for. I did find some forums. I am going to have to do some research on this. I need a equivalent to MFP in music! LOL!
  • lspahn21
    lspahn21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a 30 day challenge to try! Where can I find the workouts?
  • 220Dani
    220Dani Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Read through this post and thought "This might be interesting to try. Maybe next time I go to Walmart I'll pick it up." My youngest son wanted to go to Goodwill because he calls it the awesome store to find things and the moment I stepped in, there was the DVD .

On day 2 of level 1 and oh my god my thighs are killing me. Surprised me since I was doing sbout 30 minutes Zumba every day and thought this would just be something extra to add on top. Going to power through and do all 30 days. Hopefully helps me fit better in my jeans. Like seeing all the positive progress you guys made. :)
  • jnelson2017
    jnelson2017 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of Level 1 today. Took two rest days when I was only gonna take one but oh well. Definitely easier than Day 3 but I just have to do better on strength training. Also, I've lost about 4 pounds already so yay! :)
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Last week I didn't do any shred days at all - started a new (third!) job and had a super busy social calendar, so the exercise routine fell by the wayside. Getting back into it tonight though with day 5 of level 1! I'm determined to do the whole 30 days this time, even if it takes me 3 months!
  • 220Dani
    220Dani Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Day 3/30 Level 1 of the Shred today and it was soooooo much easier than yesterday. Also noticed my abs are feeling the effects already, getting a bit tighter at times. My waistband on my pjs also feels a little looser but I could also just imagine that since it was early morning lol Looking forward to what happens by the time I finish this first level.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    rest day for me...
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    lspahn21 wrote: »
    I have been looking for a 30 day challenge to try! Where can I find the workouts?

Ebay, Amazon, Walmart, dollar store...30 day Shred and Ripped in 30 days by Jillian Michaels.
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Level 1 - Beginner Shred.