WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    KJ - here's hoping your cholesterol numbers come down

Allison - I'm so so sorry (((HUGS)))))

Karen UK - 15 pounds in 18 months -- absolutely doable! We'll be there with you every step of the way

Went to Aldi. I tell you, Sun. morning is THE time to go around here. I got there at 9:45, spent over $60, and left at 10:30. Some church around here must have a 9:00 service because by the time I left, it was starting to get busier. Not as busy as it will probably be around 1. Then stopped at Kohl's. I had a $5 coupon plus another coupon for 30% off. Got an Instant Pot cookbook for Jess. Regularly $13, I got it for $5.

Penny, oh Penny, where are thou Penny?????

<I love this group and truly depend on it to keep me motivated and the knowledge that I can do this. I enjoy the diversity in eating, exercise and habits that each one brings to the group. I learn something new every day here. <3<3<3> Beautiful!

Made a mandarin orange cake for when Steven is here. Also made some lemon squares for him to have on the ride home. I know he likes those. Still need to ice the cake.

tuliplor and Rhonda and evamutt- welcome back!

Becca - She's BAAACCCCKKKK! So happy, now we get your words of wisdom, wonderful! You know something, I'm not a t-shirt person at all. I own some, but never wear them. I just don't like something around my neck. I prefer v-neck shirts. Sorry to hear about your stepdad. He sounds like an amazing man.

janetr - I'm sorry about your sister

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,764 Member
    Options
    Allie ... so very sorry ... keeping you in my prayers.

Becca ... hello!

Heather .... I did check into some online Instant Pot sites ... yikes! A lot of info out there!

Have gotten very little done this weekend but did get some food prep done for the upcoming week. Very much want to get myself back on track. Not liking the way I feel right now and that's the extra weight that keeps creeping back on!

Beth
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,145 Member
    Options
    Allie- I'm so sorry for your loss. You are a very kind loving daughter and I'm sure that your Dad appreciated all you did for him. (((Hugs)))

Janetr - I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. (((Hugs)))
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Allie, So very sorry for your loss.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Oh Allie, just read your news. I am so sorry as I know your heart is broken. You have tried your best to make your dad’s life more comfortable and full. Please know you are in my prayers
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Allie, so sorry about your dad. What a blessing that you had him for so long. I pray that your time of grieving is sweet and full of the many good memories you have of him.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,024 Member
    Options
    I think the last you heard from me I had fallen and tore the ligaments in my left ankle. I am happy to report that I am about 90% better

Glad to hear that!

• Machka9
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Rhonda and am just returning to MFP. Looking for support on this journey. I'm 54.

Welcome here!

• Machka9
    edited January 2018
    Options
    So many losses in such a short time! Hugs to all dealing with such pain.
    Betty

Yes, my condolences to those who have lost someone recently too. :cry: :heart:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Promises to myself:
    To say what I mean, and mean what I say.

Accountability!

Becca
    Oregon
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Just letting you all know my dad passed away this morning.

Oh, Allie, I am so sorry. Many, many hugs.

• Machka9
    Options
    My tart cherry juice arrived today. I took my first dose immediately. :D Thought it was delicious! I will be drinking my "dose" night and morning and probably having it with sparkling water in between. I love sharp flavours, so it's perfect for me.

Kate UK - Didn't see your post until Machka reposted it. Yes, it is nice to have some UK folks. I would love it if you and the others posted more often. <3 I do love the way this thread has introduced me to the ways of the US in particular. I feel I have gained a real insight into the country, from the inside. I have been on here over 5 years, so feel very at home. I am hugely curious about the way different people think and I find it endlessly fascinating. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

I agree with Heather. I love reading all the posts from US, Australia & New Zealand. It's so interesting to hear about the different customs and daily lives. I live in a small town in South Wales, UK (it used to be a village in my childhood, but has grown over the years), and have never lived anywhere else. All of my immediate family and friends live very near to me so I'm very fortunate.
    Karen UK

I did a cycling tour through part of southern Wales back in 2003. It's just possible I may have been through your small town.

One thing I did notice about cycling in Wales was that we were either doing 4 km/h or 40 km/h the whole way ... up the hill, down the hill, up the hill, down the hill ...

BTW - I'm a Canadian-Australian ... grew up in Canada, but moved to Australia 9 years ago. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ps0cxydw5gfx.jpg

I could so do this!
    Becca

The only thing I consume with any regularity on that list is diet coke.

That said, we might do baked potatoes topped with salad, chicken and a bit of cheese for dinner tonight. :) Love it! And we have it about once a month.

Machka in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Allie – what a cutie!

Karen UK – congratulations on the job – it sounds perfect!!!

Karen in Virginia
    Breakfast – ½ cup fruit topped with 1/3 cup plain yogurt topped with 2 tablespoons of granola and 1 cup of decaf coffee
    Work – still working, 50-70 hour weeks, run 2 businesses one a gardening business, one an embroidery business

Later- Allie ((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) I am thinking of you and holding you close!

Becca – Welcome home! Sorry to hear of the passing of your step dad…

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    ps0cxydw5gfx.jpg

I could so do this!
    Becca

I could not do the no potatoes thing. The only reliable somewhat low calorie food that ‘fills me up’ are potatoes. I eat potatoes (usually boiled or microwaved with a nice amount of garlic and pepper) 4 or 5 times a week. I would be sad if no juice included tomato juice- I have a few glasses of tomato juice a week too. Otherwise I don’t usually do anything on that list, so wouldn’t have to try too hard.

Glad to see you back, Becca. You always give me a big smile.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: I am glad you're back with us. I hope your dreams come true and they turn out to be wonderful, You know that you can stay with us even if you move to Whidbey Island. :wink: Sorry for the loss of your stepdad. He sounds like a good man. :flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon