P90X Classic Starting June 6th, Who's in?

Options

Replies

• syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    okay wasnt as impressed with this pics/measurements. lost 4.5 inches.(1/2 inch every where but my stomach) lost 5 pounds. it was more my pics that i wasnt thrilled about. it seemed i looked bigger than my 30 days ones. my hubby reminded me that on round one my 60 days were the same way. so i pulled up them pics and he was right. hope that means an awesome 90 day pic like last time.

went for my first walk/run yesterday...phew my legs feel it today. headed out for a day of walking, they do this thing every year where they have all kinds of vendors set up . it runs from GA to (i think) MI. then back for legs and back tonight.
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    I'm kind of sucking at taking pictures this time. I loaned someone my camera but I should get it back today. i have been continuing to lose at my usual slow and steady pace. I observe that as I get closer to my goal weight comes off slower. But, I also notice many changes in my muscle definition, sometimes it seems from day to day.

Do you guys notice when you do things like carry in groceries or laundry that it feels easy? It's the little things right? :)

Have a healthy day and healthy weekend!
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well, my little break has turned into 3 weeks. Ugh, I'm ready to start back up. What should I do? I just want to pick up where I was and not start over. I'm on week 2 of Phase 2. What does everyone think? I'm so mad at myself!

I did do Kenpo earlier this week. lol
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Why not just start back up with phase 2?

Amy
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Amy

Agree. Start with week 1 of Phase 2.
    Starting over completely would just be disheartening.
  • kripley1229
    Options

Amy

I completely agree! This is my 3rd time starting (although each time was years apart) It stinks to start over at the beginning when you've worked so hard!

I'll be skipping yoga tomorrow. Instead, my husband and I will be doing our 1st 5k!:happy:
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will start over at Phase 2!!!
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Chest/Shoulders/Tri was yesterday. How is it possible that my forearm muscles are sore?
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

Amy

I completely agree! This is my 3rd time starting (although each time was years apart) It stinks to start over at the beginning when you've worked so hard!

I'll be skipping yoga tomorrow. Instead, my husband and I will be doing our 1st 5k!:happy:

Yeah, i agree that starting completely over is ruff on the mind, and you never get to new workouts. I had done phase 1 twice all the way through and once for about two weeks before this round of it all. i always seemed to hurt myself somehow in my shoulder or my back.
  • DeadZip2010
    Options
    its been a few days since ive checked in with everyone on here. and i need some help figuring out what i want to do from 27 August, when i finish, and the first week of October, when i move to VA for training for the Marine Corps.

I am very pleased with my results, and i feel after the next three weeks ill be right where i wanted to be, sitting at around 160lbs and have just under 18% body fat on my scale at home, i know its not the most accurate, but going from 20% to sub 18% seemed like it was measurable. I will be running a lot more due to the fact that ill be running alot during training. but my arms are not as big as i would like them to be. when i flex, you can see there is muscle there, but id like to have slightly larger arms so it looks like i have some muscle when im relaxed as well. but i also do not want to neglect my chest or my back, push ups and pull ups are a Marine staple.
    So i need some help. I know i need to up the weight and lower the reps. but i olny have 25lbs per dumbbell, which is where i have pushed myself to at this point and can get the 6 to 8 reps, so it will come. but i need to know what i should do about my food intake. should i stop with the deficate eating, switch over to the lose 0lbs per week?
    my plan is to run Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings and work out Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

i know its a long post, but what do yall think?
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    its been a few days since ive checked in with everyone on here. and i need some help figuring out what i want to do from 27 August, when i finish, and the first week of October, when i move to VA for training for the Marine Corps.

I am very pleased with my results, and i feel after the next three weeks ill be right where i wanted to be, sitting at around 160lbs and have just under 18% body fat on my scale at home, i know its not the most accurate, but going from 20% to sub 18% seemed like it was measurable. I will be running a lot more due to the fact that ill be running alot during training. but my arms are not as big as i would like them to be. when i flex, you can see there is muscle there, but id like to have slightly larger arms so it looks like i have some muscle when im relaxed as well. but i also do not want to neglect my chest or my back, push ups and pull ups are a Marine staple.
    So i need some help. I know i need to up the weight and lower the reps. but i olny have 25lbs per dumbbell, which is where i have pushed myself to at this point and can get the 6 to 8 reps, so it will come. but i need to know what i should do about my food intake. should i stop with the deficate eating, switch over to the lose 0lbs per week?
    my plan is to run Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings and work out Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

i know its a long post, but what do yall think?

Pick 3 of the resistance DVD's and do those on Tues/Thurs/Saturday. Let the running be your only exercise on Mon/Wed/Fri, just drop Plyo/Kenpo/Yoga.

If you are using a pull up bar, throw on a back pack with a few pounds of weight and do your back routine that way. You should see some serious growth. Same goes for pushups. Throw on a back pack with weights and do the same. Your reps will drop, certainly, but you should see some size growth.

As for calories. Are you currently at -1 lb. per week? Try moving to -.5 lb. per week for a couple of weeks. If you are still losing, then go to maintenance and try that. If you want size, you have to give your body a little bit extra, but not too much. That will take some experimenting to get it just right. I'm still playing with mine but seem to have it right. Took a couple weeks worth of weigh ins.
  • kripley1229
    Options
    I started phase 3 today. I did chest and back. It was so cool to see how much I've improved since week 1! All I can say is HOLY COW! I started at 15 push ups on my knees and today I did 30 on my toes!!!!!!! So motivating!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • syd1980
    Options
    Day 64 is done with c/s/t plus ab ripper...my elbows are starting to stay where they should, may be less reps but feeling it.
  • DeadZip2010
    Options
    Wa to go yall, keep up the work and results happen! So glad yall are seeing inprovements in yalls workouts either in reps or form. Keep it up!

did my last Chest and Back, and man am I whipped out. like Lifebloom said a few post ago, phase three is tuff. am going to go ahead and say maybe i should have changed my diet numbers to match the P90X numbers. they up the cards for phase 3. ill shift my numbers a little bit maybe, but nothing too drastic.
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    This is gonna be an interesting week for me, P90X wise. It's my last week here at Brookhaven, then back to Iowa for a few weeks. I'm traveling this weekend, so can't count on getting the workouts in. I guess it's 3 days of doubles before the weekend, and then back to normal again next week.
  • syd1980
    Options
    DAY 65 was done early this morning with plyometrics. changing it up this week. since my son is back in school , the only time i have to exercise is in the mornings now. it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, since im not a morning person. also gave my scale to my hubby, i will be weighing once a week now . instead of everyday . 25 days left to bring it~!
  • swinginchandra
    Options
    I finished my plyo/chest shoulders tri day, and am back on track.
    It's hard for me to compare, b.c I'm doing weights now instead of bands, but I hope I'm not losing strength. At the end of todays workout, I could barely lift my arms... honestly the worst its been since starting P90X. I hope that just means I'm pushing harder! I had to wimp out and do the second half of the 1-arm pushups on my knees, but those were the only ones.
    Also, I upped my calories again, (like others), and am going to try eating back my exercise cals again. Been ravenous.

I'm also considering doing double doses of ab ripper...
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    Wow guys I'm so impressed by all the progress! Had to push to squeeze in plyo today. So proud that I did it!

Chandra: I think the fact that you felt really fatigued probably means you pushed pretty hard. Good for you for catching up.

Syd: awesome on the push ups!

Keep up the good work all!
  • skinnylizzy5
    Options
    Woops double post!
  • syd1980
    Options
    Day 66 is done with back and biceps plus ab rippers. i have noticed that im not even sweating with this workout. i think i need to up my weights or switch to bands. i keep going til i feel the burn though