Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
    :#
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    .SueBDew in TX , you were brave! I remember the kanji for my stop looked like this:
    Fat man skinny man watching TV squatting sitting
    At least that was the rhyme we made up for it!
    Nothing like looking at the train system map saying aloud, " fat man skinny man...nope, fat man skinny man watching...nope".
    Haha! My eldest son grew up in Japan from age 2 to 4, and he would ride the train and under his breath he would be going, "choo-choo", as quietly as he could. He loved Thomas the Tank Engine at the time!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Penny, awe, I am amazed too! Well way back almost two years ago, our second ERCP was a rendezvous procedure! So one team did the endoscopy and another team went in thru the liver, and met at his bile duct. It was quite a deal!
    Also over the years I have learned that the pancreas is one touchy, organ! Doctors hate even going near it!!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    Becca,”Well husband had his 7th ERCP last Tuesday at OHSU, and it went OK. The docs go in via throat ( an endoscopy), to the bile duct, change out the stents, putting new ones in. He tolerates it all well, but he is sore from being manipulated!”

My DH recently had out patient gall bladder surgery.The surgeons said he came thru in good shape with BP & heart rate just fine.However,they found so many stones,he needed endoscopy surgery to clean out the bile duct & insert a stent.Since he did so well & was still out,they reccomended it be done now. So it was & 4 days later he was dismissed.

6 wks later,he went back to have the stent removed.Being tossed around was his main complaint,felt bruised & beat up.He got a great report at final check.We’d never heard of this surgery........guess you never know once Drs are involved.It’s amazing what medicine can do. Wishing the best for your husband. The 7th time? WOW !

Pat in Ohio

Pat, funny story.... My husband had his liver transplant in 2014. We got an after care summary, after his first checkup that read. "Liver transplant going well, gal bladder properly absent". We both look at each other and ask, when did you get your gallbladder out?? He calls up his Mom, " Mom when did I get my gallbladder out,"? She's like, "you'd think I would've remembered, but I don't". So we call the doctors office and they inform us that the liver and gallbladder are kind of a joint thing so we removed that when we did the transplant. Um wouldn't that be something you could have told us. It looks like you were in there and decided oh what the heck, since we're here.....lol
    Most of his ERCPs have had some discomfort. The pain stems from the body being over stimulated. Once the doctor used the word "jammed", and they had not given him much pain meds. So from leaving the hospital to getting home, it had ballooned into pain he hgad never experienced before. I had nothing at home to combat it! I finally just took him to emergency. Now we tell the nurses that come in to talk with you prior to having the procedure about helping you with plain, putting you to sleepo etc, we tell them to work close with the doctor. When she has to really jam a stent in, that pain med needs to be increased. He has practically jumped off the table so that's where all the soreness comes from.
    I hope your husband has an easy road. Hugs!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    b7fwnznm0bmr.jpg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    Terry - You are doing brilliantly. :D You have lost 40 lbs and now getting serious about exercise. Great! Don't worry about the funny looks. I get them all the time when I'm out "shuffling".
    I couldn't go today - it's been pouring all day. The bottom lane is flooded. That was the original reason we bought a four wheel drive that is higher off the ground - driving through floods of water round here.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,375 Member
    Options
    Becca - thank you for the info on the ERCP. Your DH has been through a lot - sounds like it's been quite an anatomy lesson! Interesting but challenging to actually live through it. So glad his medical team is terrific; they sound very responsive and protective of their patients. Big HUGS to you and him and I'm praying the next procedure goes without a hitch. I like coddywomple and have been on that track myself at times!

Kate, was that the procedure they did on you to remove the gallstone?

Katla - enjoy your trip! We'd love to see photos of the grands!

Allie - hope you can find you dad's will. Just do the best you can; it will be OK. (((HUGS))))

In my family, dad helped us find Mom's will after she died so we had an idea of where to look for his. DH and I had ours done by a local elder attorney - we had the powers of attorney done at the same time. The original is stored in a vault at another attorney's office which is a good idea - only the original is accepted for probate in our state I guess. We did give our executor a copy and she has copies of the powers of attorney as well since she is named on the documents. And, it does say on the copies of the will where the original is! Our attorney thinks of everything. It's probably time for us to update these documents.

My visit to the doc yesterday was good. She wasn't excited about my higher BP - as along as I'm still getting readings in the 130's & 120's / 70, it's fine. The rare 150's and high 140's /80 are a bit high but only concerning if they stay that way all the time. Funny, when I first started going to her, she was more "by the book" with me. Meaning - I went on BP medicine to aim for the 120/80. As she has gotten to know me and my lifestyle (eating, exercise) she's better at tailoring her ideas to what works best for me.

We had time to talk a little about the "Broken Brain" - some of the concepts. She hasn't seen it but told me some science about why the ideas of exercise and keeping our minds active with games and such could help forestall dementia. She's not really a "functional medicine" doc but I think she's a great resource. She said the fact that I'm always asking her questions about how and why our bodies work helps keep my brain active. Here I thought I was just being a pest, lol.

That's the latest for now-

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I'd agree - check with your local (his local) Probate Court, in some states you can keep them on file there for a fee.

Lenora
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Rye, you mentioned a hospital near you. Does it have a need for volunteers? Ours has volunteers who run the gift shop and those who help people figure out how to get to where they need to be. The gift shop also donates all proceeds to a society that raises money for so called "extras" for the hospital. Things that would otherwise be beyond the financial scope of the hospital.
    Allie, hang in there. It will get better. My hope for you and your family is that the service will bring a bit of closure. I know it helped me, being surrounded by friends and family who grieved with me.
    Rita, good luck with your tests.
    Joyce, how did your visit with your Dr go?
    Kelly, sounds like you have a big decision in front of you! Good luck with that also! I certainly admire people who are willing and able to look after our young uns. I was done when ours grew up, although I'd probably do it for our grandson!
    Weigh in was this am, I did lose the pound that I gained last week, but it didn't take any friends with it, so clearly I need to be much more vigilant with my food intake if I'm to get to where I want to be.
    Hope everyone has a good one!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island