WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Karen - yea for loose pants! Don't worry about the number so much as the feel

Heather - how I wish I was there for your Burns night feast. Everything looks so wonderful

Rye - who knew that what I was doing with my sweet potato was actually better for me than eating it right out of the microwave? I usually cook it in the microwave, cut it up, then refrigerate it until I'm ready to have it with my dinner when I re-microwave it.

Yvonne - I remember one year I had a "backwards" party for Jess. Everyone came wearing their coats on backwards, the table was set backwards, etc. Some of the pictures! Yes, it is harder to get into vet school than med school. I looked it up and there are only something like 30 vet schools in the US. There are more medical schools than that. So the competition is really fierce. I just hope she can swing the finances. The exchange rate between St. Kitts and the US is $1 to $2.50. Yikes!

Lisa - Doing a happy dance/jig for you

Vince and Steve went to Five Guys for lunch. They teased me by asking if I wanted to go with them -- they knew that I'd pass. I reminded them that we're going to go to Outback for dinner. We have three $25 gift certificates. Not sure why Ken & Lynette gave us three. Oh well....I'm not about to worry about it now.

Michele in NC
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,904 Member
    Options
    Allergy shots- my primary care doc does them in his office so Humana/Medicare paid 100%. I have a Medicare advantage plan.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Kelly, I love the idea of using a visual and tactile reminder of moving stones out of a jar for each pound lost. I am going to set up two pretty jars on my desk with polished stones to gauge my progress. thanks for that tip! <3 Wendy
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Sharon, I'm sort of in Victoria, in one of the bedroom communities. Where we are, there really is no danger of tsunamis affecting us. We are higher up and quite far away from the ocean. Thanks for the thoughts tho!
    Lisa, so excited for you!
    Must dash, trip to Costco in the near future. Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Lisa - so happy for you to have that stress off of your shoulders!

Allie & Yvonne - I hope you are able to find what you need to move along your fathers estates. My father left things all tied up with a bow so it went very smoothly when I lost him many years ago.

Heather - I hope you had a great time tonight!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    pc8sdpdeyzx4.jpg
    Yummy summer!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Lisa - so relieved for you and Cory. I agree, waiting until the check is in the bank. It is exciting to have time and money to plan for the future.
    Went to yoga today and think it was a little easier this time. Have a twinge in my left hip that felt better after all the stretches but is aching again.
    JanetR- congrats on your 10 lbs and safe travels to CO.
    Meg- i agree that it would be so much better if you could deal with stress/anxiety without medication.. as much as you have been through it would be unusual if you didn’t have stress.
    Need to get off computer....
    SueBDew in TX
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    well January nearly over, I am still struggling to get back on track, didn't bother with Dry January but was careful, will catch up on all these posts I have missed and maybe will get some motivation from them. Have a good Friday ladies :)