Deleting friends

Options

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    If I were ever deleted, I would probably never notice. Let's hope your friends are equally oblivious.
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    Every now and then, I'll delete someone who has been MIA for 2+ months. More often than not, I'm the one getting deleted. XD

That's awesome :laugh:
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    I have never deleted but I haven't been on that long yet. I wouldn't think it was rude and like I saw from a few others they probably wouldn't notice. I have probably been deleted and haven't noticed.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    If I were ever deleted, I would probably never notice. Let's hope your friends are equally oblivious.

Because like alcohol: if I didn't know about it or don't remember--it didn't happen
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I do not delete people for not logging in, I delete them for being annoying.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    funny.....someone who replied to this post stating "being supportive", was deleted from my list for NEVER saying a word to me after friending me.
  • odie02
    odie02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Interesting post, as I just discovered over night that I have lost some of my friends on here. At least one person is someone I actually know and was very surprised to find I was deleted. I was very sad and hurt. No reason given.

Most people on here are not "friends" in real life, so I doubt it would be too big of a deal... it isn't really "personal".

I haven't been on too long, and only had to delete 1 person because they were rude and annoying and talked about some things that made me very uncomfortable.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I am on here all the time, with the app, and logging food. So to me, if somone is on this site, but not logging their food everyday, then they aren't really "ON" the site, and i remove them, i drop them if not on here for over a week i would say
  • JodieLBradbury
    JodieLBradbury Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wont delete people just because they haven't logged in or lost weight and I don't judge people on what food they eat so I wont delete someone just becasue of what they are eating either. I do delete people who fill up my timeline with stupid comments, it's not Facebook, quit posting jokes and ****!
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    funny.....someone who replied to this post stating "being supportive", was deleted from my list for NEVER saying a word to me after friending me.

Yeah and with that read I think its time for me to trim such people from the friends list as well! Maybe they aren't used to mixing with different folks I guess...
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I delete almost everyone that misses 10 days or more logging in.....unless I know they went on vacation or some other situation or they have been long time MFP friends.

I try to be lenient but I really just want the people who are here seriously to be my friends.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If it's your friend's list or your journey, you have every right to surround yourself with people who you feel will support you best.

I never deleted people until very recently. Now I delete those who go M.I.A without an explanation for over 3 weeks or those who don't support me back. I spend a lot of time on here and go to a lot of effort to comment on people's progress at least once a week. If someone can't be bothered to ever comment to me, then it's rather one-sided and doesn't really benefit me.

(OK that may sound selfish, but it's what works for me. Having said that, my friends are awesome and I'd be nowhere on this journey without their support. oxox)
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I think here, just like in life, you need to choose your friends wisely. Those that aren't around or who have different values than you can be weeded out. I've done it. Be choosey, there's nothing wrong with it.

People don't have to say anything in my feeds. I'm fine with that (they may need my support). It's those that don't check in for a long time or aren't doing this in a healthy manner who end up getting deleted most often - I'm not o.k. with that!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    honestly delete who you want for whatever reason you want. its your profile. its not that big of a deal really. if they send you a message and ask just be honest.

If someone gets their feelings hurt then thats their problem. you are not responsible for someone else's feelings unless you intentionally try to hurt someone. IMHO
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    On my profile I have it saying that after about 30days of not logging in I will delete, However I have a few people on there I know personally that dont log on but I will not delete them, anyways if their having a hard time I dont fault them and if they dont necessarily comment me alot I dont fault them either because I know people can be busy and may not be able to compliment everyone, basically I only delete after a period of not logging in
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's mean to delete someone for whatever reason it is that you decide to do so. I think we all really enjoy the social interaction and support - both giving and recieving, on the site but at the end of the day, each one us is on our own personal quest to fitness.

I have a great network of friends on here that really help keep me motivated. I've deleted people for various reasons, some completely ridiculous reasons. I deleted one guy because he reminded of someone that I used to work with and I had utter dislike for the person - sorry man. I'm sure I've been deleted for some crazy reasons as well.

If I delete you don't take it personal. :laugh:

Anyone wanna be friends???? :happy:
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have been logging every day since starting MFP and also losing weight pretty steady. The very first friend I had on here deleted me after one day. . I was kind of hurt because I didn't understand why. I guess that is why I have never deleted anyone yet but I have a few friends that haven't logged on it quite some time.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's mean to delete someone for whatever reason it is that you decide to do so. I think we all really enjoy the social interaction and support - both giving and recieving, on the site but at the end of the day, each one us is on our own personal quest to fitness.

I have a great network of friends on here that really help keep me motivated. I've deleted people for various reasons, some completely ridiculous reasons. I deleted one guy because he reminded of someone that I used to work with and I had utter dislike for the person - sorry man. I'm sure I've been deleted for some crazy reasons as well.

If I delete you don't take it personal. :laugh:

Anyone wanna be friends???? :happy:

IM YOUR FRIEND.....=).....
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i deleted about 20-30 friends the other day because i comment on their stuff and never get a response....if i take the time to comment or offer encouragement and support then i would like the same in return....this is a support system, and we are all adults but i want serious people that are goin to support me as well.....it's the first time in 105 days that ive ever thought of deleting anyone....
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Do any of you ever delete friends on here? I'm considering deleting a few who hardly ever log in, aren't actively losing weight, and just generally are not supportive. What do you think? Is this mean?

I periodically go through my friends and delete the ones that haven't logged on in a long time or that I never talk to/never talk to me. I don't see the point in having people on your friends' list if you don't interact with them.