February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I must be doing something wrong because I need water on every run. My throat and mouth get super dry.

I'm struggling to get out and run. I did weights today but it just seemed to warm to run.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    @DauntlessDiva - sorry about the DNF. I am running Surf City in the morning and hoping it stays cool by the beach! What race were you running?
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I must be doing something wrong because I need water on every run. My throat and mouth get super dry.
    ...but you're in Phoenix, so you need the water! (...I say confidently after spending 4 days there last week.....)

• bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @garygse and @skippygirlsmom - Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Short run of two miles scheduled for today. Waiting until after church when the rain clears for a run. Plus the temperature will be in the 60 F.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

I'm struggling to get out and run. I did weights today but it just seemed to warm to run.

I always water. And @simcon1 . Remember that when swimming, you don't necessarily feel hot and sweaty but you are. I figured running is always like that.
  • danichoc
    danichoc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    2,3 2 km
    2.4 3km l
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Rest day
    @RunsOnEspresso though you're probably fine there is such a thing as taking too much water. If when you're drinking you can feel the water squishing around in your belly then you've reached saturation which is ok but you don't want to add more. You can always mention to your doctor if you think you water needs are execive, though many doctors will just tell you don't run.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui @PastorVincent @Elise4270 true, and it's been super dry lately. There are people here that say they dont take water on any runs under like 10 miles and they get snotty about it. I always tell people to do what works for them. Sometimes if I'm doing 3 or less I don't take it but the temp and air has to be just right. And Id rather have it & not need it then not have it and need it.

That! For sure. We are all different. There are no hard fast rules here, just guidelines to give you a place to start from.

Also, I almost always carry water, even if I know I will not need it. As you say, I rather be five miles from home with an extra water bottle, than be five miles from home with an insufficient water supply.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Congrats on your HM!
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Week 1 - 34.9

aspiring to hit a goal of 168 miles for the month....
  • bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    02/01/2018 - 4.01 miles
    02/02/2018 - Rest Day
    02/03/2018 - 4.11 miles
    02/04/2018 - 2.01 miles

10.13/65 miles

Rain showers this morning, so I ran this afternoon. The temperatures were in the 60,s F and winds about 5-6 miles per hour. Nice short run - long pants made it almost too hot.

@Teresa502 - Congrats on the HM finish and awesome swag!

Upcoming races (Question marks are races not yet registered for):
    Louisiana Marathon Quarter Marathon - 01/13/2018 - Done
    Mardi Gras Mambo 10K -02/17/2018
    Reveille at Oak Alley Run/Walk -03/17/2018 -?
    Q50 Races Sunset Gulf - 6.5 miles 3/24/2018
    BIG EASY BIG HEART 5K 7/21/2018 - ?