Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Carol & Heather
    - sending prayers and good thoughts for your sons and their families. (((HUGS))) <3

Sue in WA
    - YIKES! Glad you didn't break anything but you'll be sore. Seems like there's more slime and moss this year than I've seen in a long time!

Well, the Fitbit says 1300 steps. :'( not quite 6000! But, I did my strength routine anyhow, just took it slow. I found a pair of shoes the orthotics fit into, have been icing the foot and it's doing OK.

DH mowed the lawn this afternoon - it hit 60. Nice to have a break from the rain. I now hear another mower going in the neighborhood B) I think DH won the "earliest mower" contest this year.

Our 6 month old GE microwave is giving up the ghost. It had been flipping a circuit breaker for the past week - DH brought in a heavy duty extension cord and we plugged it into another outlet/different circuit. That one blew as well. So, we plugged in a space heater that draws higher current than the microwave is supposed to into both outlets and no problem. Called our electrician friend and he concurred.

Good old Sears. The earliest we can get a repairman is three weeks out. Luckily, it's still under warranty. I'll stop by the store tomorrow and gripe. Maybe they'll sell me a little tabletop one for cheap since they are going out of business. We have a large spare in DH's shop that we can use so I don't really need another one, but can donate it to the thrift store if I can make a deal.

Those of you who don't use microwaves--you are saving yourselves some grief, lol. And money! Since we moved in here 10 years ago, the brand new Kitchenaid dishwasher died, a brand new Amana fridge died, a brand new Sharp TV from Sears died, now this 6 month old microwave. Is it me or is everything made to break sooner and sooner? :#

Thanks for letting me vent.

Welcome new ladies! Just join right in. This is a great group!! <3 We talk about everything, lol.

Time to close for now--

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Forgot to ask...any one have a recommendation on gas stoves. I’m needing a new one as the oven doesn’t work. First going see how much it will be to fix if it can be fixed but anticipating that it will cost too much and better to just buy a new one. It’s a 2003.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    7mzx7dksyj4q.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    kaykallsen - welcome

vicki - congrats on the doctor's visit

tracy - welcome (or is it welcome back?). Come here for lots of good ideas

Sue in WA - take care of yourself. Glad you don't have any broken bones

joyoakley - welcome

Rori - sounds heavnly!

Michele now in FL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.06min, 129mhr, 11.3amph. 1.5mi= 72c
    apple watch- 57c
    manual treadmill- 8.40min, 3sets of 10ea, 6 diff exerc, 138mhr= 67c
    apple watch- 70c
    TRX- 20min, 3sets of 10, 6 diff exer, 123mhr, 80c
    apple watch- 100c
    Floor exer- 12.21min- 3sets of 10ea, 8 diff exer. 102mhr= 47c
    apple watch- 75c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.31min, 16.1amph, 129mhr, 1.4mi= 50c
    apple watch- 49c
    RIDE BIKE PUY 2 SUMN STA- 16.37min, 140mhr, 11amph, 3mi= 143c
    apple watch- 113c
    slow jog sta 2 wk- 5.09min, 151mhr, 9.53min mi, .5mi= 81c
    apple watch- 64c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5min, 151mhr, 10min mi, .5 mi= 55c
    apple watch- 64c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.58min, 8.2amph, 149mhr, 2.6mi= 191c
    apple watch- 159c

total cal 786
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,514 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Into the appendices of the Happiness Project that Barbie recommended. Much food for thought. Will check her website for the toolbox as must return book to library. Has anyone experience with/recommendation of a free personality test? First challenge is to know myself ;}

Kate UK alcohol leading to after munchies and lack of will power, I am so with you girl!
    Lisa Great veggies for a non veggie eater! Brava for not eating your way through the stress, you deserve to be happy about that! And your DD's readiness to make daycare plans, wow, your positive thinking is powerful!
    Karen in VA OMG what a bright little spark! Miracle babe.
    Carol lifted up your son and his wife, and you too. ((hugs)) also Lisa's son, Heather's son.
    Beth thanks for your wisdom about present troubles and the future. Never heard of a pharmacy being unable to fill an rx as written, couldn't they order it if it's not something they stock?
    Becky O'B you have good taste in husbands ;)
    Heather ((hugs))
    Becca "so happy when family etc compliments us" you betcha. Don't know why but lately Joe's been thanking me for cooking and complimenting the meals. This is new and I really enjoy it!
    Allie I'm actually glad Tom's lawyer is a flake, surprised the judge hasn't already reprimanded her. Could your lawyer's fees be included in the settlement? You must have competent representation.
    Yvonne, love Periodic Table of the Elements Day! Squeezing in a dog walk great way to give the driving around a positive turn.
    Rita eeeeuuuuwwww your fingers are way too close to that creepy crawlie!
    Katla got this quote about perfection from the Happiness Project "Best is good, better is best" meaning, I think, that the atmosphere of growth or improvement is more lasting than achieving a momentary perfection.
    Vicki "off a couple of medications" congrats!
    Meg, baby steps. Welcome back.
    KayK, Tracy, Joy welcome!
    DrKatiebug didn't realize you are a Kay, will try to remember ;}
    Terry, Joyce, NYKaren, Allie, and everyone in the path of the storm, sending you warm wishes to be safe.
    SueK Ouch! Hate those slimy steps. Hope you can rest up the next couple of days, I'm always stiffest and sorest the 3rd day after a fall.
    Lanette it is not you, everything IS made to break sooner, planned obsolescence has morphed into disposable appliances. Witness Michele's refrigerator. No microwaves for us and use the dishwasher only to store Tupperware ;)
    Rori welcome back! Gap year is a great idea, especially the fun things part ;)

Mindful hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara , I have no experience with personality tests but I think you can find a free version of the myers-Briggs test online. I got a lot of personal insight from reading "Quiet " (a book about introverts ) and also Gretchen Rubin's book "The Four Tendencies "

:) Our pets are home. Jake picked Sasha up from boarding this morning and we picked Bessie up this afternoon after her teeth cleaning. She is still dopey from the anesthesia We are happy to be together again

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington :)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Carol and Heather and Lisa and anyone else dealing with grown children who are struggling, if only we could solve their problems for them, it would be so great. Hugs!

Barbara, you probably didn’t know my name because I am extremely lazy about signing my posts. I don’t usually bother because my screen name is easy to remember and that’s what people usually call me. But when I do bother to sign, I am....

Kay from NEGA

NEGA stands for Northeast Georgia
  • sjb050
    sjb050 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    January goal lose 10 pounds. Did not log food.
    Goals for Febuary
    Log food every day
    Meal Plan my husband and I have diabetes
    Complete class on Diabetes - 4 classes in febuary
    Reduce amt of sweets I eat
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    tskreczmer wrote: »
    Just saw this group. I lost fifty by fifty almost two years ago. I met my goal by coming on my fitness pal but lost my password.

I have started to regain a few..and never did reach my second goal.

I can't do fad diets. All that works for me is less junk and accountability.

I have exercise down (working with kids four hours a day..teaching swimming and my job site is the Y) the food is the issue.

Food has been my best friend..my lover ..my mother and my life.

If anyone know how to replace the emotional crutch of food..I am ALL ears.

Thank you Barbie and all for your posts. I love how open and beautiful they are.

Tracy

Welcome to our group. I want to say if you find that crutch to replace emotional food, bottle it because you will be rich :)

I had bariatric gastric bypass surgery four years ago and lost 125 pounds in nothing flat. I was thrilled and still am for that matter, but like I've shared before with our great group of ladies, NO amount of surgery can remove that WANT to snack all night long on just about anything that's loaded with carbs.

I have no answer at this point, but I have made the conscious decision to choose what I want MOST over what I want at the MOMENT (from one of Barbie's quotes). What we do have here is a lot of support and encouragement and ideas of all shapes and sizes to help ease the struggle. Jump right in.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sue In WA, of my, that doesn't sound good. I'm so sorry. Your year has just not gotten off to a good start. I sure hope things start to turn around.

Praying that you heal quickly and are not in too much pain. Big (((Hug)))

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, I'm not sure I am going to celebrate the periodic table day. I hated chemestry in high school but tut took it anyway due to going into nursing. I did terrible in it in college. But it has come in handy solving some of the questions on Jeapordy and impressed my husband with that.

Sorry, I am still having troubles typing with my l,eft hand.

Olivia is just as precious as a 1 year old as she was a baby. Im sure you are all just as proud oif her as we are. Well, we are granaparents also aren't we??????

I mean't mention yesterday that it was my Mom's birthday. She died in 2011 and she woujld have been 91. She was the best of the best. I still talk to her a lot. When my Dad died I talked to him a lot. I used to go out to the last church and sit in my car in the parking lot and talk and talk. The nephew I have who was an alcoholic lices close to his grave and was so proud in how he took care of Grandpa's grave. And he did a very good job of it. When he got his one year coin, those of you in AA know what that means, he 'planted' it in front of Dad's grave. We are proud of Alan and what he has done. And he has been such a presence in Matt's life. He is the nephew who was a heroin addict. Alan is the oldest and he just thinks that it is his responsibility to take care of the younger ones. He didin't think that way when he was a teenager and a major drunk but as the adult that he is today. I am so proud of all my nieces and nephews.

Well tonight I finally did it. I sat at home and talked myself in and out of for so many times and I finally did it. I went o choir practice. I had thought that I should go back in my library and see if I had an old hymnal and try to see if I could sing a song here. But i nver did. So I bundled myself up knowiing that as soon as I walked out the door I would immediately freeze myself and thumb. Plus we had freezing rain last night and today. So,, yeah, I froze my face and thumb. I had no idea what the singing would do to my face. Would it make it hurt worse? So I sand one small part of the first song we started and sure enough my face was buring. So I jsut hummed the rest of the itme. It's amazing that you can hum in harmony. And I could change my volume and everythingn. So i enjyoed choir practie even though I coudln't sing. I sure hope you can read this since I am seeing all the red words coming up.

Sure wish I could see a space ship take off. Guess I will just have to stay with TV. It won't sound as bad either.

I don't like the show 'The good place'. Watched it a couple of shows and never coudl get the gist of it. but I really, really like 'This is us'. It is such a well written and produced show. I liked last night's show more than sunday night's. That's all I will say onn that.

Love you all, I amm taking my fingers off of this lap top. Joyce, Indiana Oh, my iPad is still broke
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Granny: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Tracy: Welcome to a great group. Stop by often for support. My best advice: Count calories and move more. If you have an urge to eat to deal with nerves, try celery or go for a walk. Celery is crunchy, tastes good, and takes more calories to digest than it contains. :star: Exercise is excellent, too. Regular walking is a mood booster and playing games, taking classes and dancing are all ways to move more. If the exercise is enjoyable it is more likely that you'll want to do it. I like to walk, take yoga and ride horses. :star:

Sue: I'm so sorry that you fell and got hurt. I've had more falls than I'd like, & I have sincere sympathy. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: We've lived here for a long time. We've replaced our stove and refrigerator & our washer and dryer, but the rest of the appliances are old enough to take driver's education classes. We have had some of them repaired. There is an independent appliance repair business in our town and we have used their services on more than one appliance. I hope you're luckier with your new replacements. :flowerforyou:

Rori: I hope you'll share your countdown to retirement with us all. My best advice is to set a goal to have fun and enjoy life as much as you can. :bigsmile:

Barbie: I'm happy to hear that you and Jake are together at home with your pets. Bliss! :heart:

Becca: You are a gift. I love your attitude! :flowerforyou:

sjb050: Welcome. I love your goals! DH has been diabetic since he was 19. He's seventy now. The classes you're planning to take in February sound like a very smart plan. :flowerforyou:

Joyce: I'm so glad you went to choir practice and hummed along. It sounds like just the right thing to reconnect you with the music that you love. :star:

It isn't all that late, but I'm ready for bed. i hope we all have a great day tomorrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Caught up on the reading again. Feeling drained so I am off to bed again.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I confess: I mainlined on Heroin today...well, that's what I think it's like when I go through the drive through at McDonalds and get a Frozen Fanta. It lights up all my Dopamine centres. They are blinking like a pin ball machine. I wish I wasn't so derned addicted to S. I did get up early and go for an hour's run this morning and I also did an hour's walk later in the day (waiting for the van to cool down so I could put more water in the radiator). Doing bees tomorrow morning then heading into the office. One good thing was that I bought a chocolate brownie along with a egg and bacon muffin for breakfast and I only took one bite of it and then left the rest. I NEVER do that. I usually would wrap it up and take it with me for later. But I was able to leave it. Going to have half a glass of wine then head for byebye land. I am going to try to make smaller changes that will add up to bigger ones. Will be mulling over what I can do that I might actually stick to. I have got so many triggers that I react to and stress is a biggy. Got my "guests" coming in two days time. <3 Wendy