Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

One eye open so far. The scale reflected the liberal use yesterday of soy sauce with the sushi and way too much ice cream for dessert.

I need a 24/7 diet-police-officer or a Glinda Good Witch to permanently attach to my shoulder, with a fly swatter to fwack me on the head whenever I loose my MFP Weight Loss sense of Consciousness and grab and eat just whatever in the world I want.

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Lana - I adore the story about those dogs! And as soon as you find those MFP fly swatters, I need one too!!

Tess - sorry to hear you are not back to normal yet but at same time glad to hear that I am not the only one having a tough time bouncing back from this.

Sara - what exactly is the fruit/veg box you talk about? is it something local?

got on scale this morning and it says I am down 1.5 pounds. not sure I can actually trust that number but I'll take it!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, I get organic food delivered to my door once a month - I may have to cancel delivery to pay rent, but that may be down the road........
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara, sounds nice to have it come to your door! i like going to the store, seeing, and picking through all the produce. no idea why i do, because, overall, i hate shopping. i have most other things on subscription in order to avoid going to the store - everything from toilet paper to pet food.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    The delivery is not too pricey but I only get it once a month, so that helps.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    r79viimt1ano.png
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    r79viimt1ano.png

I can relate to that, Sara!

Happy Friday, all!
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! :)

My week has gone good so far, no change in weight but after the 3 lb loss last week I am okay with that for now. I have done my running in the mornings (all 5 days) and my lunch time walks (again all 5 days).

So it looks as though I have to make new treats this weekend :# , NOT apple as my pups are way to fussy for their own good (spoiled little poop-head fir balls!!! :wink: ) & would not eat the apple oat treats, so I gave them to our neighbor & her dogs just loved them.

Lana~ Great job on your walking!! oh & please send one of those diet police over to me for the weekends...hahaha Don't suppose you caught the Collage basketball game in NC last night? I want to go to NC just to watch Duke play...sigh...maybe one day!

Oh I have a puppy story...my little Thumbelina has a baby (this baby is a little stuffed horse my mom bought her when she was just a pup & my mom would press the middle & it sings so of course my mom would sing along with the song to her) Well Thumbelina carries it around & you know when she has it because she snorts & snorts and when she thinks no one is looking she will hide it...all I have to do is ask her where her baby is and she will bring it out within a day or two. She used to hide it under my moms rocking chair, in the rocking chair while my mom was sleeping or behind the tv in the living room and after my mom passed she had many times propped it up in front of her bedroom door. So lately I have been noticing she waits until I fall asleep and will hide her baby either in my blanket or under my pillow, under my arm even somewhere on my bed! My BF says it is so funny watching her trying to hide it and if he tries to stop her she give him this look as to say why what's your problem & lay down on top of it like she wasn't doing anything. :D

Tes~ I hope you feel better soon!

Have a great relaxing weekend!!

**Waves to all who stop by**

~Saltine~ >:)

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Saltine - that is a great puppy story. I am walking breaks again and will consider walking after dinner.

The dog treat recipe I have has peanut butter, wheat flour,egg and pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix) and if they didnt make so many I would make them more often--

lady at vet place got this offline -

Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats
    Prep Time 25 minutes
    Cook Time 25 minutes
    Total Time 50 minutes

The easiest homemade dog treats ever - simply mix, roll and cut. Easy peasy, and so much healthier than store-bought!
    Ingredients
    • 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
    • 1/4 cup peanut butter
    • 2 large eggs
    • 3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed
    Instructions
    • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
    • In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
    • Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
    • Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.*
    • Let cool completely.
    Notes
    *Baking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the treats. Serving size will also vary depending on the desired shapes and cookie cutters used.

Adapted from use real butter

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good morning All~~

One eye open so far. The scale reflected the liberal use yesterday of soy sauce with the sushi and way too much ice cream for dessert.

I need a 24/7 diet-police-officer or a Glinda Good Witch to permanently attach to my shoulder, with a fly swatter to fwack me on the head whenever I loose my MFP Weight Loss sense of Consciousness and grab and eat just whatever in the world I want.

Lana

Yes! I need one of those, too!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Saltine24 wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone! :)

My week has gone good so far, no change in weight but after the 3 lb loss last week I am okay with that for now. I have done my running in the mornings (all 5 days) and my lunch time walks (again all 5 days).

So it looks as though I have to make new treats this weekend :# , NOT apple as my pups are way to fussy for their own good (spoiled little poop-head fir balls!!! :wink: ) & would not eat the apple oat treats, so I gave them to our neighbor & her dogs just loved them.

Lana~ Great job on your walking!! oh & please send one of those diet police over to me for the weekends...hahaha Don't suppose you caught the Collage basketball game in NC last night? I want to go to NC just to watch Duke play...sigh...maybe one day!

Oh I have a puppy story...my little Thumbelina has a baby (this baby is a little stuffed horse my mom bought her when she was just a pup & my mom would press the middle & it sings so of course my mom would sing along with the song to her) Well Thumbelina carries it around & you know when she has it because she snorts & snorts and when she thinks no one is looking she will hide it...all I have to do is ask her where her baby is and she will bring it out within a day or two. She used to hide it under my moms rocking chair, in the rocking chair while my mom was sleeping or behind the tv in the living room and after my mom passed she had many times propped it up in front of her bedroom door. So lately I have been noticing she waits until I fall asleep and will hide her baby either in my blanket or under my pillow, under my arm even somewhere on my bed! My BF says it is so funny watching her trying to hide it and if he tries to stop her she give him this look as to say why what's your problem & lay down on top of it like she wasn't doing anything. :D

Tes~ I hope you feel better soon!

Have a great relaxing weekend!!

**Waves to all who stop by**

~Saltine~ >:)

Great story! Dogs make everything so much better!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

It's way past my bedtime, but I was reading all the recent posts. Saltine's story is so cute.
    I am so looking forward to having dogs. Maybe by this time next year!

The Magic Swatters are on order.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog who is fed and happy. Back for more sleep. Woke to alarm, having an "I am late" dream. Roll my eyes.

Regular errands and then hook up with coworker. She goes to another thrift store in opposite direction of the one I go to, so she wants to see this one - if we go again we can go to hers. I am not a good driver in high traffic times and she was nice enough to offer to drive. We live about 15 minutes apart. Jeans and spoons on list but keeping an open mind.

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • troelsandtheis
    troelsandtheis Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is my third proper attempt. First tome I lost 50lbs and got to my goal. Second time after I put it all back on again I lost about a stone. Back now at my almost heaviest and going to stick to it and not allow one bad day lead to a week lead to a month lead to...9 years (when I was at my goal)

Gone vegan this time too and I’ve found it’s helping massively with cravings...though I’m only one week in!

Plan this time is to get lean and strong when I hit my goal so I can enjoy a nice flat tummy before I’m too old to flaunt it!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Thrift store shopping went well, lady who drove liked the places would like to go earlier (her time schedule today). I got a top I can wear to work and 6 spoons for $5. Went to Target as well and we both found tops.

Messed up my eating schedule and I am having oatmeal for dinner. Ginger / Lemon tea afterwards.

Got snacks (much of it "junk ish") as well. Will make chicken chili tomorrow and quiche for next week.

Troels - I sometimes think I talk to myself on weekends. Thank you for stopping by - I have people at work starting a vegan life and I hope to learn about it. Stop by and post when you can.

3 hearts made and still working on scarf- will knit baby blankets tonight.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Domestic day for me - cooking and cleaning - after grocery shopping.

Dog fed, so ZZZ with any luck.

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Good morning all~~

Full day of Must Dos here today. Raining and cold. Blech!

Sara, enjoy your cooking. Warm kitchen with good smells. Mmmmm. :smiley:

Troels - good luck with your goals!

Waves to all who stop by later.

Lana

245.5 today, official day, down from harrowing 248.2 earlier in the week, which I couldn't bear to post. This is a weekly loss of .6 from last Sunday. Yay.
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Crock pot on and I have enough chicken to make next weeks salads as well so I have a 'no chicken' on my grocery list.

Took a long walk with dog, so I see a nap with both of us.

Missy - Thinner they are rolled they puff up in the oven and are crisper.... just saying. You have a full plate - stop by when you can - walking more with/without dog is on my "to do" list.

bbl
  • LanaCabana537
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi there Missy! So good to see you! Glad you could stop by. Thumbs up on the small wedding. Smart choice, less headaches, more enjoyment.

Sara - Hurray for the long walk with Tillie. Good for the both of you!

Lana, collapsing soon to watch something on Netflix.....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dog has had dinner, my dinner is warming in crockpot - 3 servings for salads are in containers cooling. Quiche and potatoes after dinner. One of the tops I got yesterday under $7 dollars is burgundy and a good color for Valentine's day.

We did get a nap after our walk and the sun is shining for a little while in my place heating things up? Just nice to see sun - very windy.

I am with Lana - smaller weddings are less crazy - Missy hope yours does not inflate to craziness.

Wishing all a good night.