WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Evelyn - I would think that breaking my wrist would probably end up, one day, giving me problems. I know what you mean about a broken rib. I broke #11 (one right under my left breast and it occasionally catches.

Becca - Many prayers for you and you hubbie for complete healing and maybe a moved up surgery. When you get the money mayb you could exchange the red rug forma teal one or one with teal and yellow in it since your chairs are a color that would go with anything. I have mostly browns, beiges, and rust to wine. I pretty much have to stay within that family of colors. My rug has a midnight-blackish color in it and I would like for Louis to paint our dining room chairs and the back of the 3 barstools that color, just to put a color in there. I'd light to be able to afford a new kitchen counter top to be able to change it to a neutral color. The have him paint the cabinets two different colors - while on top, then a much darker color on the bottom cabinets. Right now our kitchen has just been painted a grayish-sage green which is sort of neutral and the same color that is also in the rug.

Barbara - When I say 'rotating door' I am think like some in a hotel and/or bank. They have 4 sections to come in and out of and when someone is coming out as you are trying to step in, it is almost like trying to run into a jump rope that is swinging around to double-Dutch jump with 2 or 3 others. You have to judge where the rope is (coming and going around) to get that small window of space to jump in and start jumping immediately or else you will hit or get hit by the rope. Usually the doors are very heavy and it helps if someone is opposite from you in the door as it turns.

Allie - Hang in there. Personally I don't believe in Mediums - not in Ouiji Boards, or palm readers. But, that is just my religious beliefs. It just goes against what I have been taught. But, if it makes you think of another place to look, the go for it.

I haven't had much appetite or desire to sit and drink enough liquids; but if the scales show I have gained a little, I will blame it some my splint and heavier clothes since it has been colder than we have expected for the weather at this time of year in this area of the state.

Enjoying time with our youngest son who came to go hunting with a group of his friends; which probably was a weekend of drinking since it has been raining all weekend.

Welcome to all the newbies.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to all that need them.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :)Allie I don't believe in mediums or the stuff you're doing to find your father's will but I do believe that if you relax and take it easy, the answers will come. Good luck. By the way, do your children know how to find your will?
  • HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Becca: Hugs and Prayers for you and your dear husband.
    Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday.

Martha
    Eastern Oregon
  • Joni_Pass
    Joni_Pass Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It’s been pouring here at the Jersey Shore all day and yet, an unseasonably warm 55 degrees! I really wanted to get out for a 30 minute walk but I don’t foresee that happening. My Fitbit is only at 2,600 steps for the day.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies – I have been lurking for so long, I feel like a stalker! Been using MFP for about 2 years, and lost about 50 pounds – but after a flareup of a chronic health condition, a wonky knee, and reduced activity coupled with increased/unhealthy eating, I’m up about 25 pounds. Determined to take it off and more, but could use some accountability and Pip’s boot.

I’m 64 (how did THAT happen?!), single, retired, living in South Central Pennsylvania USA, and although this may sound contradictory, I am healthy other than having a chronic health condition that can flare up periodically, limiting my strength and stamina. Lately, I’ve had a wonky knee on the right side, so that’s a little restrictive as well. So with all that, I have to rely more on my nutrition plan to restrict caloric intake, than on exercise to use up the excess. I probably have a total of 50-60 pounds to lose to get to a healthy weight, but am taking it in 10-pound increments so as not to get overwhelmed.

Reading your daily activities has been inspiring and hopefully will give me that kick I need to be consistent. I am in awe of the consistent dedication of Barbie, Pip, Heather, Michele, Mary, and some of you other ladies, and it obviously pays off. It paid off for me in the past – I just got out of the habit and lost my way for a while. I have a small dog so I do some walking around the neighborhood, and some at-home exercises, but since I recently moved, I haven’t yet gotten back to the gym. I need to do more pre-planning of meals and dedicating a period of time to exercise, instead of my recent catch-as-catch-can way of doing things.

So here’s to getting back on track, and a healthier happier future!

- Pat in PA

All it is, habit. Still strappin on da boot... start slow. A lot of times I don’t want to workout in the morning b4 5 fricken a.m., but I do, I may not workout as hard as I do on other days but I do something., just habit
  • pipcd34
    Options
    This is some other rocks the artist has painted. Cool huh!?

d29q39xdbadj.jpg

Becca
    Can't seem to sleep or be alone in my apartment in
    Oregon

Hugs girlfriend. I used to sleep at an angle, couldn’t sleep on my side and if I slept in his side, I could smell him and made me miss him more. That’s when I started doing dangerous stuff
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Well all for not,didn't find anything except a few more paper stocks...im going to take a nap and then try and do some cleaning around here..
  • knjiuv
    knjiuv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sitting here watching the Olympic channel. It's not really tha exciting. To me, they are just showing small
    portions of the different games. I'm glad USA has a couple of medals. They said during the procession of nations that Germany would lead in medals and as far as gold they are. But I think Norway is leading for totals. They showed a little bit of figure skatinbut I think it was last nights. Wow this commentators voice is boring.

One thing I have seen in watching and listening is that these people for different nations speak better English than the illegals here in the US. I know some of the figure skaters from different countries train in the US so that would help them with thier English. Also in golf, many and I mean many of them live here, usually down in Florida.

Becca, you and your husband as in my prayers. I can't imagine what you are going through. Hugs dear friend.

I can't remember who was talking about their hysterectomy scar not healing and thus had to have it heal from inside out. That was my gold standard for a surgeon. If we had a surgical patient who had a very festering incision, if an on call surgeon, especially a new one, asked for a forceps and opened it up and let all that puss come out and then just let it heal from inside out, he was top notch I'm my eyes. After Charlies ileostomy, he had a little place at the top of his incision that was festering so the surgeon opened it up and it had to pack that little tiny area until it healed. I had to pack it twice a day. After about 2 weeks it was healed but Charlie calls it his second belly button.

When I get up in the morning, my fingers feel better but the moment I start using them the pain starts. I am so tired of this.

Heather, I haven't seen any athletes from Great Britian or United Kingdom. Are their some there or th station I am watching just isn't featuring them? I think the Winter Olympics belong to the Nordic countries and Germany.

Love you guys, Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Joyce - I don't watch the Winter Olympics, but I believe one of ours came 7th in the Skiathlon. We usually are placed highly in the sliding things on trays etc., especially women.
    For me it's just a pain that it occupies the BBC daytime channels and disrupts my normal programmes. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Must do some typing tomorrow.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    tpb4sprtke15.jpeg
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies. I just recently turned 51 in January. I've struggled with weight for most of my adult life. I've tried everything and was successful with losing but then I get bored or frustrated and I go off the diet and gain back more weight than I lost. I am currently 219 and back in October I had a total knee replacement surgery done so I've been very limited. Because of my knee my movement has been limiting and the last three years is where Ive gained the most. But in the last year I've gained 30 pounds alone. I am tired all of the time, I am post menopausal. I want to feel good, sleep good and know that my heart and mind will be healthy for a long time. I'm scared to death that I am not going to be successful. So any support is much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Steph. I am new as well, though a couple years older than you. We can be successful and support is so important!
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Terry & Katla, thank you for the welcomes :smile: This morning I weighed in at 139; that is the first time I've been under 140lbs in over a year. Good feeling. We went walking with our 11 yr. old at the mall and lapped around about 4 times but my fitbit is still only pushing 8000 steps for the day & now I'm tired.. Hope everybody had a good weekend.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Hydrogurl
    Hydrogurl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well I bolted to the most recent posts! - Is it mid Feb already? fog is lifting and I am the heaviest EVER. Stressfull year - put on 20 plus clear to see how I mamage my stress. I am 54 or is the 55? no still 54 til December lol Feel better already. Living in the present and thats what I got to work with - Im on day 3 of a 12-day Wild Rose cleanse and a bit moody. My goal is to finish this cleanse and walk 30 min a day. After day 12 I will decide a new 2 week goal - baby steps!