JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    My partner bought some new scales today!
    He said he had an eye on some but they were about £25 quid. He randomly looked in a charity shop which he doesn’t normally do and they had the exact same ones for a 5er!!!

They do your weight, BMI, skeleton weight, muscle mass, body fat %, BMR and water weight.

They’re awesome!

And after weighing myself I’ve only put on 15lb!
    My pre-pregnancy goal was to only gain 10lb in pregnancy of which baby would be roughly 6-7. I realise that was a bit difficult to achieve but baby will be approx 7lb I think and then there’s amniotic weight and placenta weight so realistically, I’ve hardly gained at all!

So chuffed about that.
    My youngest got on them being curious. she weighs 23 lbs :lol:

I am so doing the happy dance for you. You know how much your baby and body needs---this isn't your first time at the rodeo, lol! And it sounds like you have done marvelous---you'll get those 15lbs off easy-peasy!

And wow! What a find!! I don't know that I will ever get that excited over scales, lol, but I love the bargain aspect of it!!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Yay @Bex953172 on the minimal pregnancy gain - amazing! And well done @HGSmith0920 for the interview. And everyone else out there smashing it!

You are all keeping me motivated. X
  • cynhow
    cynhow Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Perhaps I can't control what happens in life, but I certainly can control how I react to it.

Love this! I used to keep something similar on my computer so I'd be reminded constantly!
  • cynhow
    cynhow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    2/11/2018
    1. Get the laundry fully completed! :):)
    2. Water :)
    3. Move my body for a bit. :) (I'm so tired of shoveling!)

2/12/2018
    1. Get to the gym!
    2. Stretch - I'm so bad at stretching but feel so good when I do it!
    3. Spend some time reading posts!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Sunday
    1. Water :)
    2. Deliver Miss C home :)
    3. Work :)
    4. Dinner out for <3 alentine's Day :| Went, had a nice time with hubby, unfortunately the restaurant seems to have changed hands and has gone downhill.
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Monday
    1. Water
    2. Walk. It's Sunny!
    3. Clean kitchen
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    4. Dinner out for <3 alentine's Day :| Went, had a nice time with hubby, unfortunately the restaurant seems to have changed hands and has gone downhill.

That's sucky! I hate when that happens! That happened to me and the DH a few years ago. It turns out that it ended up closing less than a year later. It was where the DH and I had our first official date.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @MLHC1 I'm so sorry you're sick! That's not nice at all. I'm glad that the family is all better at least! I hope you feel well enough to go to the lab tomorrow. But if you dont, dont push yourself! You can always go to the lab next time.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 I just want to let you know that after the gym I came home, took a shower and changed into jeans and a T. I even put my hair up and makeup on! I haven't dont that except for a special occasion in a while! I did actually go out and the DH won't be home to see it. But nonetheless, I feel great! And I'm now home and sitting on my couch typing this on my laptop and I am still in my jeans and T. My shoes are off but other than that I am still "appropriately" dressed. Lol. I think I am going to do that from now on!

It really makes a difference doesn't it? That's so cool! I'm glad it made you feel great! I really don't know why I got away from it. I did the same thing tonight. Changed from work slacks to jeans when I got home and it really has made a difference for me too. I have my work clothes set out for tomorrow, my breakfast and lunch packed for tomorrow, coffee pot set on auto and just got done doing a Dance workout. I never, and I mean NEVER, have that much energy on Mondays. :sunglasses:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Just for Monday
    1. No processed carbs :)
    2. 65 oz of water or decaf beverages (tea) ;)Close but not quite there. Much better than usual though.
    3. Body Groove program = next step, after work :)
    4. Review Beck's index cards at least twice :(I am rewriting them again!
    5. Hit my step goal :)
    6. Read today's Simple Abundance and Beck's Diet Solution :)
    7. Prep Tuesday's lunch, coffee pot, and set out clothes :)
    8. 30 minutes cardio (Body Groove?) :DThis is SO MUCH FUN! I think I have FINALLY found an activity I can stick with because I really enjoyed it! At least until I can start getting outside more.
    9. Bed sleeping by 10, and get up in morning without hitting snooze B)Fingers crossed on this one. I don't see why I wouldn't though.

Well, I thought of another thing I could change to keep me in line. I changed my settings so others can see my food diary. I had it set to private, because I was always so embarrassed of my choices. But that's not exactly being accountable and I have to stop kidding myself! I'm only hurting ME. My goal is to weigh 150 by May 17th and that won't happen if I don't make some MAJOR changes. So, no more sweatpants and no more hiding my food choices.

Just for Tuesday
    1. No processed carbs
    2. 64 oz of water or decaf tea
    3. Be confident in scary meeting tomorrow. Don't let them know I'm nervous, and don't be afraid to speak up regarding the new process.
    4. Read my newly updated Beck's cards
    5. Reach step goal
    6. Simple Abundance daily reading, Beck's Diet Solution daily reading.
    7. Optimal Living Daily and Optimal Health Daily podcasts on my way to work
    8. Prep for work the night before
    9. Body Groove Workout
    10. Bed one hour early unplugged and read. Get up in morning without hitting snooze.

Perhaps I can't control what happens in life, but I certainly can control how I react to it.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @OConnell5483 I just want to let you know that after the gym I came home, took a shower and changed into jeans and a T. I even put my hair up and makeup on! I haven't dont that except for a special occasion in a while! I did actually go out and the DH won't be home to see it. But nonetheless, I feel great! And I'm now home and sitting on my couch typing this on my laptop and I am still in my jeans and T. My shoes are off but other than that I am still "appropriately" dressed. Lol. I think I am going to do that from now on!

It really makes a difference doesn't it? That's so cool! I'm glad it made you feel great! I really don't know why I got away from it. I did the same thing tonight. Changed from work slacks to jeans when I got home and it really has made a difference for me too. I have my work clothes set out for tomorrow, my breakfast and lunch packed for tomorrow, coffee pot set on auto and just got done doing a Dance workout. I never, and I mean NEVER, have that much energy on Mondays. :sunglasses:

It's amazing how much energy I had today after committing to changing that behavior in myself. And I didn't do it for anyone but myself. The DH hasn't been home all evening so it wasn't even like I did it for him. I mean I will next time but it just feels good to look good. I haven't worn make up for anything other than my most recent job in about 10 years. When I was in high school and just out of high school I wore really dark heavy black eyeliner(yes, I was a goth. Lol) and I would forget to wash my face at night so I would wake up and Mom and Dad would say I had "Raccoon Eyes". Lol. That was really the last time I wore it just to wear it. And that was between 06-08. It felt nice to put it on today. Lol.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options

Well, I thought of another thing I could change to keep me in line. I changed my settings so others can see my food diary. I had it set to private, because I was always so embarrassed of my choices. But that's not exactly being accountable and I have to stop kidding myself! I'm only hurting ME. My goal is to weigh 150 by May 17th and that won't happen if I don't make some MAJOR changes. So, no more sweatpants and no more hiding my food choices.

[

SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!! I know for myself, I wear jeans all the time, because there is no give. I also always put on makeup and fix my hair -- even though I work out of my home. I guess it was just a habit I always had, and on the few days where I let my hair go, I feel awful all day.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! I think it went really well! We talked for 40 minutes! Lol. And I thought I was going to be late which really bothered me, but I walked into the bank at exactly 1 pm (which still bothered me.) I'm the kind of person who thinks that if I'm on time, I'm actually late. Lol. I'm usually at least 10 minutes early to every appointment I go to. It drives my DH crazy! Lol. I think I hit every red light of the 10 that I had to go through to get to the bank.

I missed this - the job interview!!! Congrats, and I hope it turns into the job you love!